Week 16 GDT Packers @ Jets "I Believe That Gute..."

skibrett15

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If somebody tears an ACL or an Achilles, they're out or at least down for next year.

Drafting a backup doesn't help us if Rodgers goes down. If Rodgers isn't playing, that contract ties one arm behind our back.

Now you’re just talking out of your butt.

ACL recovery is 7 to 9 months, Achilles’ tendon reputure recovery can be done in 8-10 months.

8 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I shoulda stopped reading when you questioned Gute for starting our stars today - like you think you’re smarter than him.  You’re the worst kind of fan actually.  I don’t care how long you’ve been watching buddy - you’re clueless.

Nowhere did I say our stars shouldn't have started, so you seem to like beating down strawmen.

The kind of fan who pays attention?  The kind of fan that doesn't get excited about meaningless wins against teams not trying to win?

Here's another hint for you-  It isn't me that is clueless.   Anyone happy with how today's game played out is clueless.  It was a management embarrassment.  If Gute is happy with how today played out he shouldn't be our GM.  It really is simple.

4 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

Now you’re just talking out of your butt.

ACL recovery is 7 to 9 months, Achilles’ tendon reputure recovery can be done in 8-10 months.

And how long until they're mentally right on the ACL? 6 months after?

Achilles is a career ender more often than not

It is what it is .. I wanted to tank, but the Packers brass must think winning is more important to this locker room than the higher draft pick.  I don't know if I agree with it, but they are more in tune with the psyche of this team than I am.  There will be serious second guessing if there is any major injury to a key player.  

1 hour ago, Sasquatch said:

I’ve got no problem with GB winning today.  I live far, far from Wisconsin and watched the game today in a bar with a great group of displaced Packer fans like me.  It was a very entertaining game to watch, and we rejoiced together at the heart this team showed today.  Rodgers seemed to find that will to win, and to me that’s a good sign.

I’m not going to get hung up on draft position at this point.  I can already see the pain some of you will go through on draft day when a team with a slightly worse record than GB steals “your” guy because the Packers didn’t tank the last couple of games.  Screw it - I’d rather have these moments today than worry about the “what if’s” on draft day.  If Gute and company really want a guy that badly, they’ll find a way to get him.

With 2 first round picks whose to say Gute doesn't try to bundle them and try to move up?

1 hour ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Maybe it's time the NFL went to a draft lottery like the NBA. Then we wouldn't be having this ridiculous argument about tanking. Yes, ridiculous. NFL players seem to have a tremendous amount of pride. They're never going to tank for better draft position. Only fans are that crazy. 

Like I said in another post in this thread - the players don't give a rip about the upcoming draft.   Do we really want our guys to quit?  I don't.

11 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Nowhere did I say our stars shouldn't have started, so you seem to like beating down strawmen.

The kind of fan who pays attention?  The kind of fan that doesn't get excited about meaningless wins against teams not trying to win?

Here's another hint for you-  It isn't me that is clueless.   Anyone happy with how today's game played out is clueless.  It was a management embarrassment.  If Gute is happy with how today played out he shouldn't be our GM.  It really is simple.

Again, I’m amazed that you have the gall to think you’re smarter than Gute, by suggesting twice that he shouldn’t be in charge of the draft, or the decisions of this team, simply because he didn’t question his coaches in the 4th quarter.

Fine - you’re welcome to question Gute - that’s you’re opinion.  You’re also entitled to your opinion that some of us fans - who know the impact today’s game has on our draft position - are clueless.  I got way more out of today’s game than just a meaningless win.  I saw a team that’s been down this year, play with a ton of heart.  I saw Rodgers start to gain some confidence again.  I saw some young players show us flashes of a bright future.  

Sorry you missed all of that because you’re just too pi$$ed off at our GM for not being as smart as you.

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Jamaal Williams had a nice game. Is this his best as a pro? I am comfortable with Jones-Williams tandem moving forward.  Now we have to find a guy that is content with being a third RB and not playing very much.

MVS and ESB looked pretty good.  I hope they can have similar success next week against the Lions.  I think two good weeks in a row for them going into the offseason would be a very good building block for next season.

I am actually warming up to the idea of Lance Kedricks.  He seems to be dropping fewer balls this season, and isn't a total ghost when blocking.  If he is still a FA after the draft, and we don't add another TE, I would like Kendricks back for 2019.

I wasn't very impressed with the defense at all.  Tony Brown always seems to be close, I am very interested to see his second year jump.  Tyler Lancaster is also holding up pretty well considering he is the 6th choice DL and an UDFA.

I don't know how much we can gather with this defense in its present state.  Only a handful of guys out there were starters when the season started.

19 minutes ago, PackGymRat said:

LOL

There is 9 months till pre-season and 10 months till regular season 2019. So even if they did get “hurt” they would be ready by next season.

And if Rodgers got hurt again, then that’s a green light to organization to draft a legitimate back up QB because this dude must be made of glass.

I hope I am wrong about this, but Rodgers is shaping up to be more like Romo in his final years ie injury prone. With 2 fractures to the collarbone in 3 years and 3 leg injuries (knee/calf) in 5 years (?) this guy is one bad hit away from either being severely limited mobility wise or out for the season.

If Rodgers got badly hurt today, people would have been fired. Then the whole "you're playing to win the game" argument would have been shredded to pieces. It would have serious repercussions for certain people involved. 

Its also important to have momentum going into the offseason. Maybe this game gets Arog back on track or gives him more confidence in MVS/EQ These things do matter. If his mechanics have suffered due to his earlier knee injury then perhaps this is the only way to work through it. Either way every pass is reps with his WR corp.

44 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

No.  Been watching the Pack for over 50 years.   Instead I'll hope they get it together and the board puts a decent leadership team in place.  They have made nothing but errors for the last 5 years.  Hoping they learn from their mistakes and correct them.

Forgive me if I can't be a mindless "fan" who gets excited about beating a bad team that did everything they possibly could to take the loss in the 4th quarter.   You "fans" have had ridiculous takes on this team all year.  I took garbage from people like you when I criticized the 2015 draft right after it was completed.  I took crap from people like you when I proposed firing Dom Capers after the 2011 season.   I took crap when I suggested moving on from McCarthy after the seattle playoff fiasco.   I was right then, and I am right about the idiocy of team leadership today playing that 4th quarter for the win.  This wasn't as big an issue as those others, but it was easier to see and makes today so wrong.

Instead of quitting, I will be an advocate for correcting.   You can just go on rooting without thought.  I promise I won't ask you to stop, or question whether you are a fan.

It isn't up to Gute to decide who plays on Sunday and who doesn't.  I would have thought after watching football for 50 years like I have you would know better than that.

8 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Again, I’m amazed that you have the gall to think you’re smarter than Gute, by suggesting twice that he shouldn’t be in charge of the draft, or the decisions of this team, simply because he didn’t question his coaches in the 4th quarter.

Fine - you’re welcome to question Gute - that’s you’re opinion.  You’re also entitled to your opinion that some of us fans - who know the impact today’s game has on our draft position - are clueless.  I got way more out of today’s game than just a meaningless win.  I saw a team that’s been down this year, play with a ton of heart.  I saw Rodgers start to gain some confidence again.  I saw some young players show us flashes of a bright future.  

Sorry you missed all of that because you’re just too pi$$ed off at our GM for not being as smart as you.

I also saw a team struggling to move the ball until Leonard Williams decided to go all Mike Tyson. 

Archived