Week 16 GDT Packers @ Jets "I Believe That Gute..."

skibrett15

Just now, Sasquatch said:

Again, I’m amazed that you have the gall to think you’re smarter than Gute, by suggesting twice that he shouldn’t be in charge of the draft, or the decisions of this team, simply because he played his starters today.

Fine - you’re welcome to question Gute - that’s you’re opinion.  You’re also entitled to your opinion that some of us fans - who know the impact today’s game has on our draft position - are clueless.  I got way more out of today’s game than just a meaningless win.  I saw a team that’s been down this year, play with a ton of heart.  I saw Rodgers start to gain some confidence again.  I saw some young players show us flashes of a bright future.  

Sorry you missed all of that because you’re just too pi$$ed off at our GM for not being as smart as you.

You read far too much into playing a bad team that is smarter than us and playing for draft position.

If Gute wanted Philbin to play this game to win, he indeed is stupid.   If he hasn't been up front with Philbin about his future in getting the job, or plans on hiring Philbin,  he is making a bad move.    If he didn't communicate with Philbin that today's game was to get the young players reps and experience over getting a win he is derelict in his duties.  The Jets had the game won, and did everything in their power to let the Packers win in the 4th quarter.  Taking positives out of beating a team that wants to be beaten doesn't really make a lot of sense.   Rodgers is not short of confidence,  he is short of patience with our management. This game doesn't change anything other than hurting our draft position.    

Losing the draft position may, or may not mean a whole lot.   Showing our management to be absolutely clueless and void of common sense is concerning.

Murphy really needs to show that he has worth.  Thus far his record is one of keeping TT a few years too long,  messing up the leadership structure, and conducting somewhat of a circus in hiring a "GM".

1 minute ago, Chinaski_86 said:

I also saw a team struggling to move the ball until Leonard Williams decided to go all Mike Tyson. 

So, after that play, Rodgers and company were supposed to just lay down and play dead?  LOL.  This has nothing to do with your arguement (from your previous posts) that mgt shouldn’t have started the some of our stars.  Red herring to your arguement.

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

You read far too much into playing a bad team that is smarter than us and playing for draft position.

If Gute wanted Philbin to play this game to win, he indeed is stupid.   If he hasn't been up front with Philbin about his future in getting the job, or plans on hiring Philbin,  he is making a bad move.    If he didn't communicate with Philbin that today's game was to get the young players reps and experience over getting a win he is derelict in his duties.  The Jets had the game won, and did everything in their power to let the Packers win in the 4th quarter.  Taking positives out of beating a team that wants to be beaten doesn't really make a lot of sense.   Rodgers is not short of confidence,  he is short of patience with our management. This game doesn't change anything other than hurting our draft position.    

Losing the draft position may, or may not mean a whole lot.   Showing our management to be absolutely clueless and void of common sense is concerning.

Murphy really needs to show that he has worth.  Thus far his record is one of keeping TT a few years too long,  messing up the leadership structure, and conducting somewhat of a circus in hiring a "GM".

You really think the Jets wanted to lose?  Their HC is on a very hot seat and I doubt he wanted to lose that game nor did those players.  Those folks on that squad were also playing for the their futures.

Just now, Pugger said:

It isn't up to Gute to decide who plays on Sunday and who doesn't.  I would have thought after watching football for 50 years like I have you would know better than that.

I would suggest leaving those decisions up to an interim coach that has no business getting the job full time would be pretty foolish.

If you think ownership or GM's have no input into these decisions you are either pretty naïve or foolish.

So, after that play, Rodgers and company were supposed to just lay down and play dead?  LOL.  This has nothing to do with your arguement (from your previous posts) that mgt shouldn’t have started the some of our stars.  Red herring to your arguement.

No but I keep reading how good our offense was today. How things might be fixed. It was just the same bipolar offense in the first half until Williams thought he was an UFC fighter. Maybe you saw a different first half than I did. Could be.

Just now, hitnhope said:

I would suggest leaving those decisions up to an interim coach that has no business getting the job full time would be pretty foolish.

If you think ownership or GM's have no input into these decisions you are either pretty naïve or foolish.

Management wants to see how Philbin performs in these last 4 games.  These games are his audition for GB and every other team out there looking for a HC.   

2 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Yeah .. I don't think the Jets were tanking.  They along with the Packers wanted to win this game.  I'm not sure why, but there mindset seemee to be to win the game. 

Because guys are playing for their job next year. They could give a **** less about next year's rookies. They're just somebody coming to try and take away their pay checks. 

14 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Again, you seem to be upset that Gute didn’t run down on the field and tell a Philbin to tell our guys to just roll over and play dead in the 4th quarter.  I understand you’re upset with decisions made before the game even started, but players aren’t trained to quit - if they’re on the field, they better play their level best for a whole host of reasons.

You and others are getting very stuck on a draft position.  I don’t discount it’s nice to draft as high as possible - really, it’s not lost on me.  But there’s a lot of time between now and the draft, and a lot of things can happen to this team between now and then for me to not lose my mind over what todsy’s win will cost the team down the road.

I was in a bar with a large number of die-hard, intelligent, long-time Packer fans.  Not a single one of them EVER willingly rooter for GB to lose today’s game, and we were as happy and raucous as could be when they won.  It was a fun moment to be a fan.  I’ll take those moments over what woulda, coulda, shoulda any day.  And I’ll laugh when folks lose their mind on draft day when Gute trades back anyways, LOL.

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Management wants to see how Philbin performs in these last 4 games.  These games are his audition for GB and every other team out there looking for a HC.   

Does anyone truly believe management fired Mike McCarthy to replace him with his sidekick Joe Philbin?

Just now, Pugger said:

You really think the Jets wanted to lose?  Their HC is on a very hot seat and I doubt he wanted to lose that game nor did those players.  Those folks on that squad were also playing for the their futures.

Neither teams players wanted to lose.  That isn't their job.   Coaching and management on the other hand?

Answer-  why the Jets burned little time and didn't score in the 4th quarter?   Do you believe it was due to our 3rd string defense suddenly finding answers after giving up 35 points through 3 quarters?  4th quarter drives for the Jets with a lead were 3 plays and 1:07 off the ****.  Next series was 4 plays and 2:07 off the clock.   next drive 3:07 off the clock.    They did what they needed to so GB could win the game. 

Do you think themJets bitterly wanted to win, but were foolish enough to manage the 4th quarter in such a way that they could give up such a big lead?

6 minutes ago, Chinaski_86 said:

No but I keep reading how good our offense was today. How things might be fixed. It was just the same bipolar offense in the first half until Williams thought he was an UFC fighter. Maybe you saw a different first half than I did. Could be.

I’ve not seen anyone say our offense play “good” today.  Playing with heart is different.

Again, you seem to be upset that Gute didn’t run down on the field and tell a Philbin to tell our guys to just roll over and play dead in the 4th quarter.  I understand you’re upset with decisions made before the game even started, but players aren’t trained to quit - if they’re on the field, they better play their level best for a whole host of reasons.

You and others are getting very stuck on a draft position.  I don’t discount it’s nice to draft as high as possible - really, it’s not lost on me.  Buts there’s a lot of time between now and the draft, and a lot of things can happen to this team between now and then for me to not lose my mind over what todsy’s win will cost the team down the road.

I was in a bar with a large number of die-hard, intelligent, long-time Packer fans.  Not a single one of them EVER willingly rooter for GB to lose today’s game, and we were as happy and raucous as could be when they won.  It was a fun moment to be a fan.  I’ll take those moments over what woulda, coulda, shoulda any day.  And I’ll laugh when folks lose their mind on draft day when Gute trades back anyways, LOL.

You are arguing points I haven't made.    I am not upset with the players.   They of course play to win.  There is no incentive for them to do poorly or make it easier for the organization to replace them.

I am unhappy that our organization wasn't smart enough to manage the game better.  the Jets did what they needed to give the Packers a chance for a comeback.  Three 4th quarter drives totaled 6 minutes time of possession playing against a defense littered with marginal NFL talent due to injuries.   The Jets management did what they needed to for their future.  The GB management did not.   Inept.

3 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Neither teams players wanted to lose.  That isn't their job.   Coaching and management on the other hand?

Answer-  why the Jets burned little time and didn't score in the 4th quarter?   Do you believe it was due to our 3rd string defense suddenly finding answers after giving up 35 points through 3 quarters?  4th quarter drives for the Jets with a lead were 3 plays and 1:07 off the ****.  Next series was 4 plays and 2:07 off the clock.   next drive 3:07 off the clock.    They did what they needed to so GB could win the game. 

Do you think themJets bitterly wanted to win, but were foolish enough to manage the 4th quarter in such a way that they could give up such a big lead?

Actually, I saw GB finally get pressure on Darnold in the 4th quarter due to scheme, not OLineman letting the GB defense just run by them.  I and others didn’t see anything remotely looking like a conspiracy by the Jets to help GB win this game.  

11 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Yes - management called down and told Darnold to throw only incompletions or he would be fired. The upman on the fake punt for a first down was told to fumble the ball but he screwed up and held on to it. Rumor is he was beheaded in the locker room. We also didn't really land on the moon

Archived