Week 16 GDT Packers @ Jets "I Believe That Gute..."

skibrett15

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

You are arguing points I haven't made.    I am not upset with the players.   They of course play to win.  There is no incentive for them to do poorly or make it easier for the organization to replace them.

I am unhappy that our organization wasn't smart enough to manage the game better.  the Jets did what they needed to give the Packers a chance for a comeback.  Three 4th quarter drives totaled 6 minutes time of possession playing against a defense littered with marginal NFL talent due to injuries.   The Jets management did what they needed to for their future.  The GB management did not.   Inept.

How was Gute supposed to manage the game better?  I’m going back to what started this discussion between you and me in the first place!  You got all bent on Gute - how is this all his fault?  I’ve been asking for the better half of an hour now!  You cannot say for sure the Jets just laid down in the 4th - both teams made a lot of mistakes in the 4th.  He!!, I’d respect you more if you’d have just said the refs were conspiring for GB to win, than to blame Gute, Philbin, mgt, the Jets, etc.

Just now, cannondale said:

Yes - management called down and told Darnold to throw only incompletions or he would be fired. The upman on the fake punt for a first down was told to fumble the ball but he screwed up and held on to it. We also didn't really land on the moon

Like any of that was required?   Do you really believe that the Jets played that 4th quarter to win?   They scored 35 points through 3 quarters and then fell apart?    Really?

Just now, hitnhope said:

Like any of that was required?   Do you really believe that the Jets played that 4th quarter to win?   They scored 35 points through 3 quarters and then fell apart?    Really?

We’ve been doing that all year with a legendary QB!!!  Why is it not possible for a team to drop off in the 4th - especially one with a rookie QB?  Man dude, you’re lost in conspiracy theories now.  

11 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Again, you seem to be upset that Gute didn’t run down on the field and tell a Philbin to tell our guys to just roll over and play dead in the 4th quarter.  I understand you’re upset with decisions made before the game even started, but players aren’t trained to quit - if they’re on the field, they better play their level best for a whole host of reasons.

You and others are getting very stuck on a draft position.  I don’t discount it’s nice to draft as high as possible - really, it’s not lost on me.  But there’s a lot of time between now and the draft, and a lot of things can happen to this team between now and then for me to not lose my mind over what todsy’s win will cost the team down the road.

I was in a bar with a large number of die-hard, intelligent, long-time Packer fans.  Not a single one of them EVER willingly rooter for GB to lose today’s game, and we were as happy and raucous as could be when they won.  It was a fun moment to be a fan.  I’ll take those moments over what woulda, coulda, shoulda any day.  And I’ll laugh when folks lose their mind on draft day when Gute trades back anyways, LOL.

Is that part of being an intelligent fan or just something that you like to do? Just wondering. 

Just now, Sasquatch said:

Gute supposed to manage the game better?  I’m going back to what started this discussion between you and me in the first place!  You got all bent on Gute - how is this all his fault?  I’ve been asking for the better half of an hour now!  You cannot say for sure the Jets just laid down in the 4th - both teams made a lot of mistakes in the 4th.  He!!, I’d respect you more if you’d have just said the refs were conspiring for GB to win, than to blame Gute, Philbin, mgt, the Jets, etc.

Has Gute led Philbin believe he may be the next head coach?   If so that is poor management.  

Does gute consider Philbin a possibility?   If he does that speaks volumes as to his being wrong for the position.  It not only isbecause he flamed out with Miami, but that he completely lost the team.   Why would you entertain that as a possibility?

Did Gute emphasize to Philbin that these last 2 weeks are to see our young players progression?   To get them reps to help with future personnel decisions?   If not- he certainy should have.

The fact they beat the Jets isn't what is the problem.  It is the fact that we allowed the Jets to pizz away a big lead at the end.   We should have played to lose right along with the Jets in the 4th quarter.

3 minutes ago, Chinaski_86 said:

Is that part of being an intelligent fan or just something that you like to do? Just wondering. 

What, laughing at hysterical fans?  LOL.  I’ll laugh because all of those wanting a high draft pick (like you), will declare the season over before it even started because they think they know better than the folks at 1265 - it happens on this board every year.  Laughing at fans is much different than declaring myself smarter than folks at 1265 who do this for a living.

2 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Has Gute led Philbin believe he may be the next head coach?   If so that is poor management.  

Does gute consider Philbin a possibility?   If he does that speaks volumes as to his being wrong for the position.  It not only isbecause he flamed out with Miami, but that he completely lost the team.   Why would you entertain that as a possibility?

Did Gute emphasize to Philbin that these last 2 weeks are to see our young players progression?   To get them reps to help with future personnel decisions?   If not- he certainy should have.

The fact they beat the Jets isn't what is the problem.  It is the fact that we allowed the Jets to pizz away a big lead at the end.   We should have played to lose right along with the Jets in the 4th quarter.

Much better to tell the interim coach who is still being paid as an assistant he has no shot whatsoever in getting the job.

7 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

You’re making so many assumptions here.  You just seem he!l bent on trying to make a link to Gute being incompetent - all because of how a 4th quarter panned out.  I have no remedy for your anger dude!

If i am to get this right? One of the biggest things on building a roster is building a players skillset and evaluation. So the coaches are suppose to teach proper techniques and reads, then impliment a scheme this week to make them fail, or better yet not play them and allow them to trust these skills they practiced all week, just so gute can get better draft position to replace the players already on the roster. If a GM ever did this he would be ran out of the league. How is gute suppose to evaluate a coaching staff setting up player to fail?

Just now, Sasquatch said:

You’re making so many assumptions here.  You just seem he’ll bent on trying to make a link to Gute being incompetent - all because of how a 4th quarter panned out.  I have no remedy for your anger dude!

You are right there are some assumptions that may not be true.   do you have any better explanations for why we were so dumb today?   Why we should feel good about that waste.   After losing important and meaningful games all year we finally have one where losing is preferable and we break out our first decent short yardage package of the season.

I am struggling to find an answer other than Murphy and Gute are incompetent.  I haven't heard a plausible explanation yet.   If you think that 4th quarter "panned out"  I don't know what to say.  We managed to beat a team that really wanted to be beaten.   No moral victory, no feeling better about our team.   We wasted an opportunity to make our team better for nothing in return.

Archived