Week 16 GDT Packers @ Jets "I Believe That Gute..."

skibrett15

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

You are right there are some assumptions that may not be true.   do you have any better explanations for why we were so dumb today?   Why we should feel good about that waste.   After losing important and meaningful games all year we finally have one where losing is preferable and we break out our first decent short yardage package of the season.

I am struggling to find an answer other than Murphy and Gute are incompetent.  I haven't heard a plausible explanation yet.   If you think that 4th quarter "panned out"  I don't know what to say.  We managed to beat a team that really wanted to be beaten.   No moral victory, no feeling better about our team.   We wasted an opportunity to make our team better for nothing in return.

Link ?

Just now, cannondale said:

Says you. You don't care about Philbin's resume - he does. Then again, you think the fake punt was an elaborate scheme to cover up a covert tanking op.

If you think the Jets played the 4th quarter to win there is no helping or convincing anyone can do.  They played to lose, and pulled it off.

3 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

You are right there are some assumptions that may not be true.   do you have any better explanations for why we were so dumb today?   Why we should feel good about that waste.   After losing important and meaningful games all year we finally have one where losing is preferable and we break out our first decent short yardage package of the season.

I am struggling to find an answer other than Murphy and Gute are incompetent.  I haven't heard a plausible explanation yet.   If you think that 4th quarter "panned out"  I don't know what to say.  We managed to beat a team that really wanted to be beaten.   No moral victory, no feeling better about our team.   We wasted an opportunity to make our team better for nothing in return.

I never said the 4th quarter panned out.  I’ve stated in multiple posts why I enjoyed today’s game, regardless of the outcome, and I’ve asked you to clarify why you’re so upset with Gute.  Now I know - you think they’re incompetent.  Fine - that’s your opinion, and I disagree, and my opinion has nothing nothing to do with how Philbin, under Gute, coached the 4th quarter.

Just now, cannondale said:

Why did they run the fake punt ?

Why did they waste 3 drives without pulling any time off the clock?   why did they stop running what had been working?   right after converting the punt they screwed the pooch with two negative yardage plays and a holding penalty.    Why did they stop pressuring on defense?   

Do you really believe that was a good win?   That it will have any carry over to next year?    That it did anything positive for our franchise?   

I simply don't believe that.

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

Why did they waste 3 drives without pulling any time off the clock?   why did they stop running what had been working?   right after converting the punt they screwed the pooch with two negative yardage plays and a holding penalty.    Why did they stop pressuring on defense?   

Do you really believe that was a good win?   That it will have any carry over to next year?    That it did anything positive for our franchise?   

No answer ? Didn't think so

Just now, Sasquatch said:

I never said the 4th quarter panned out.  I’ve stated in multiple posts why I enjoyed today’s game, regardless of the outcome, and I’ve asked you to clarify why you’re so upset with Gute.  Now I know - you think they’re incompetent.  Fine - that’s your opinion, and I disagree, and my opinion has nothing nothing to do with how Philbin, under Gute, coached the 4th quarter.

Glad you enjoyed it.   I didn't.   I thought this was the dumbest thing I have seen in Gb since the late game fiasco against Seattle.  I

t makes me think we are more likely headed back to the doldrums of the 70's and 80's then we are to being SB relevant like we have been since 1992.    The last few years have been more like the bad decisions made back then then they have the Wolf reign or the TT reign before problems hit him.

16 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

If you think the Jets played the 4th quarter to win there is no helping or convincing anyone can do.  They played to lose, and pulled it off.

They played to win.

For weak teams every win counts. They dont play for pick, since they are seeing picks every fuxcking year.

What they don’t see generally is Wins..

7 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

So the Bears laid down against the Packers in the first game, because they secretly wanted to ruin the Packers' draft position? Otherwise how would the packers ever made that comeback? Your reasoning is screwy. Teams make comebacks all the time. No conspiracy. 

There seems to be two types of posters here. One are Packer fans who want to celebrate the comeback win. The others are draftniks who complain when the Packers win. 

6 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Glad you enjoyed it.   I didn't.   I thought this was the dumbest thing I have seen in Gb since the late game fiasco against Seattle.  I

t makes me think we are more likely headed back to the doldrums of the 70's and 80's then we are to being SB relevant like we have been since 1992.    The last few years have been more like the bad decisions made back then then they have the Wolf reign or the TT reign before problems hit him.

It’s Christmas, and I’m not letting a football game ruin it.  You’d be well advised to get over today in the next 60 seconds also.

Archived