Week 16 GDT Packers @ Jets "I Believe That Gute..."

skibrett15

2 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

So the Bears laid down against the Packers in the first game, because they secretly wanted to ruin the Packers' draft position? Otherwise how would the packers ever made that comeback? Your reasoning is screwy. Teams make comebacks all the time. No conspiracy. 

There seems to be two types of posters here. One are Packer fans who want to celebrate the comeback win. The others are draftniks who complain when the Packers win. 

An absolutely ridiculous statement.

Everybody posting here wants the Packers to win Superbowls. There's simply a disagreement as to the best way to accomplish that.

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

So the Bears laid down against the Packers in the first game, because they secretly wanted to ruin the Packers' draft position? Otherwise how would the packers ever made that comeback? Your reasoning is screwy. Teams make comebacks all the time. No conspiracy. 

There seems to be two types of posters here. One are Packer fans who want to celebrate the comeback win. The others are draftniks who complain when the Packers win. 

Not sure if this is a serious post.   I'm going to assume you are having fun since it makes no sense.

I get it.  many of you want to believe this was a great comeback win that will lead to a complete turnaround and great things.   Good on you I guess.  Why celebrate something that makes your outlook at improvement worse?  Not sure what there is to celebrate.  We didn't wind up beating a good team, or the Bears.

Just now, hitnhope said:

that will lead to a complete turnaround and great things.

Nobody said this. You're just pretending they did because we're not up in arms over it pretending it's the beginning of the dark ages of GB football again because we didn't find a way to lose.

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

No, but I don't expect mods to be actively attacking board members either.  Then there's the whole Cam Netwon is a total loser thing.

Oh for Pete's sake, don't be such a frickin snowflake.  There's been a lot worse throughout posts before; don't get your undies in a bundle.

Just now, Sasquatch said:

It’s Christmas, and I’m not letting a football game ruin it.  You’d be well advised to get over today in the next 60 seconds also.

A football game ian't going to cange my Christmas.  It will be a great day.  Just because we don't agree doesn't mean I am angry.   It means I think we did the wrong thing today.  Simple as that. 

I don't know if it's just me but if you put up 35 points in a game, you probably are trying to win it. Also, if they were just like "Here packers take the game bro" Why the hell did they go for a fake punt in their own side of the field with 4 minutes to go? It's not rocket science here, they wanted to win. They just F'd themselves with a stupid holding penalty that put them in a not so easy to convert 3rd and 20. 

Just now, Norm said:

Nobody said this. You're just pretending they did because we're not up in arms over it pretending it's the beginning of the dark ages of GB football again because we didn't find a way to lose.

I read that this game was going to be the turnaround for AROD and all will be well going forward.   I read that this game was the light bulb going on for the rookie Wr's.  So yes people did say these things.

The problems started with our drafting going back to at least 2015.  We now have gone two years of being irrelevant.   It is a legitimate concern.  To pretend all is well because we beat a lousy team is where the fools gold lies.

No. I'm serious. Some people on here seem more intent on winning the draft than winning football games. Your assumption that that winning the draft is the best way to win football games is wrong. There are too many misses on draft picks. Low picks can do well. (Look at Driver. Seattle's great RB, Carson, was a 7th round pick too.) There are also other ways to acquire talent (trades and FA) and there is the other variable of coaching. Play to win, or the stands will be empty. Do you think the fans will buy those high priced tickets, if the team announces before the last game that the Packers will be tanking this game by benching their best players so that we can get a higher draft choice? You have a bad argument all the around.

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If Baker Mayfield did the towel on his head thing, it would be talked about as a great idea as a way to refocus himself for the next drive and block out any distractions. 

Where does this idea of Cam pouting on the field come from? I'll say this for Cam, he's never run a shadow campaign to get his coach fired. He's never put this own stats ahead of the team.

Is that the kind of leadership you want out of a franchise QB?

They're football players, not role models.

I wouldn't use Baker Mayfield for a role model the way he's trashed his former coach.  Think you're getting a little goofy on the Rodgers shadow campaign thing too.  Cam isn't the starting QB I'd want to start on my team.    

2 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

I read that this game was going to be the turnaround for AROD and all will be well going forward.   I read that this game was the light bulb going on for the rookie Wr's.  So yes people did say these things.

The problems started with our drafting going back to at least 2015.  We now have gone two years of being irrelevant.   It is a legitimate concern.  To pretend all is well because we beat a lousy team is where the fools gold lies.

I haven't seen a single person after this game say anything like this is going to be big going forward, NOBODY, if someone thought the rookies might explode or Rodgers would go Godgers before the game and it would help, fine. Nobody is saying **** like that right now. IDGAF what they said before the game when you are pretending people are all excited after the fact in here, they aren't. You're just having a tantrum because everyone isn't as eternally negative as you

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

An absolutely ridiculous statement.

Everybody posting here wants the Packers to win Superbowls. There's simply a disagreement as to the best way to accomplish that.

The disagreement is why should we bash the Packers FO for doing something no one in the NFL does? No one pulls all their starters. 

I was rooting for a close Packers loss with no injuries, but I'm not going to call Gute incompetent for not forcing Rodgers, Bahk and Adams to sit.

Just now, Gopackgonerd said:

I don't know if it's just me but if you put up 35 points in a game, you probably are trying to win it. Also, if they were just like "Here packers take the game bro" Why the hell did they go for a fake punt in their own side of the field with 4 minutes to go? It's not rocket science here, they wanted to win. They just F'd themselves with a stupid holding penalty that put them in a not so easy to convert 3rd and 20. 

What we have here is a failure to communicate.   Of course the Jets players weren't trying to lose.    Their coaches were either incompetent enough to not run any clock, or smart enough not to run any clock.    They made it possible.   

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

No. I'm serious. Some people on here seem more intent on winning the draft than winning football games. Your assumption that that winning the draft is the best way to win football games is wrong. There are too many misses on draft picks. Low picks can do well. (Look at Driver. Seattle's great RB, Carson, was a 7th round pick too.) There are also other ways to acquire talent (trades and FA) and there is the other variable of coaching. Play to win, or the stands will be empty. Do you think the fans will buy those high priced tickets, if the team announces before the last game that the Packers will be tanking this game by benching their best players so that we can get a higher draft choice? You have a bad argument all the around.

1. Packers tickets are laughably cheap. Almost insultingly cheap compared to the rest of the NFL. There's a reason the damn waiting list is five decades long and nobody ever gives them up.

2. Who the **** cares about beating a 4-10 Jets team to get to 6-8-1? The season is over. If we're being honest it's been over for like 5 weeks.

3. The goal is to win Superbowls. Not regular season games.

4. Winning the draft is absolutely the best way to win football games. 

5. The argument that "Low picks can do well too" is just idiotic. Of course low picks can do well, but high picks do way ******* better on average.

6. You know what helps in trades? Drafting well so you have pieces to move! You know what helps in free agency? Having a good team (because you're drafting well)

7. Nobody is going to not show up for games next year because we benched Rodgers. To imply that the case is ridiculous when we did it last year.

I don't have a problem with someone saying they wish we would have lost. Or that it was a horrible win. Or that they hope we lose out. I'm totally cool with it. I just take issue with the thought that there is incompetence within the organization for a win. And that the 2019 draft is ruined because of it.

We took Jaire at #18, Justin Harrell at #16, AJ Hawk at #5, Aaron Rodgers at #24, Derrick Sherrod at #32, David Bahktiari at #109, Eddie Lacy at #61, Aaron Jones at #182

Archived