Week 16 GDT Packers @ Jets "I Believe That Gute..."

skibrett15

7 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

I wouldn't use Baker Mayfield for a role model the way he's trashed his former coach.  Think you're getting a little goofy on the Rodgers shadow campaign thing too.  Cam isn't the starting QB I'd want to start on my team.    

Why is it that when everybody wants McCarthy fired, his jabs about the offense in press conferences was a clear sign that he wanted McCarthy gone, but now that it's happened, we've backtracked on that?

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1. Packers tickets are laughably cheap. Almost insultingly cheap compared to the rest of the NFL. There's a reason the damn waiting list is five decades long and nobody ever gives them up.

2. Who the **** cares about beating a 4-10 Jets team to get to 6-8-1? The season is over. If we're being honest it's been over for like 5 weeks.

3. The goal is to win Superbowls. Not regular season games.

4. Winning the draft is absolutely the best way to win football games. 

5. The argument that "Low picks can do well too" is just idiotic. Of course low picks can do well, but high picks do way ******* better on average.

6. You know what helps in trades? Drafting well so you have pieces to move! You know what helps in free agency? Having a good team (because you're drafting well)

7. Nobody is going to not show up for games next year because we benched Rodgers. To imply that the case is ridiculous when we did it last year.

Your point #7, I'm talking about next week, not next year. 

For the rest we'll just have to disagree. But the integrity of the game is something that I take seriously. If fans really thought any team was tanking for better draft position, I think many of them would stop watching, just ask the pro wrestling people. 

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The disagreement is why should we bash the Packers FO for doing something no one in the NFL does? No one pulls all their starters. 

I was rooting for a close Packers loss with no injuries, but I'm not going to call Gute incompetent for not forcing Rodgers, Bahk and Adams to sit.

Tell me why it's not dumb to pull your starters? 

The "well nobody else does it" argument was stupid in the NBA when people used it and it's stupid now in the NFL.

Just now, Norm said:

I haven't seen a single person after this game say anything like this is going to be big going forward, NOBODY, if someone thought the rookies might explode or Rodgers would go Godgers before the game and it would help, fine. Nobody is saying **** like that right now. IDGAF what they said before the game when you are pretending people are all excited after the fact in here, they aren't. You're just having a tantrum because everyone isn't as eternally negative as you

I quoted statements made directly to me.  Reread the thread.   I am not talking about anything before the game, so don't have a clue what you are going on about with this.  

I'm not having a tantrum,  I thought I was discussing the game, and our prospects going forward.   Sometimes negativity is earned.   I took loads of crap after the 2015 draft for being negative and criticizing it.   Was I wrong then too?  When I was excited about Kenny Clark and others were critical in picking a DL was I eternally negative?  When I ignore those blaming Aaron Rodgers for every problem in the packers world right now am I eternally negative?

People can think a mistake was made, and post about it without being eternally negative.   We will see if the current management turns it around or continues the last few years failures.   I think we can all agree that we hope things go well going forward.   Today simply wasn't one of the hopefully positive steps needed going foreward IMO.

2 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

I quoted statements made directly to me.  Reread the thread.   I am not talking about anything before the game, so don't have a clue what you are going on about with this.  

I'm not having a tantrum,  I thought I was discussing the game, and our prospects going forward.   Sometimes negativity is earned.   I took loads of crap after the 2015 draft for being negative and criticizing it.   Was I wrong then too?  When I was excited about Kenny Clark and others were critical in picking a DL was I eternally negative?  When I ignore those blaming Aaron Rodgers for every problem in the packers world right now am I eternally negative?

People can think a mistake was made, and post about it without being eternally negative.   We will see if the current management turns it around or continues the last few years failures.   I think we can all agree that we hope things go well going forward.   Today simply wasn't one of the hopefully positive steps needed going foreward IMO.

That's the nutshell. Why ? Are you gonna actually say todays win ruins the 2019 Packers Draft ?

Just now, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Your point #7, I'm talking about next week, not next year. 

For the rest we'll just have to disagree. But the integrity of the game is something that I take seriously. If fans really thought any team was tanking for better draft position, I think many of them would stop watching, just ask the pro wrestling people. 

Why do you care if anybody shows up next week? Of all the random *** concerns, why???

The NFL has no integrity! The NFL is a horrible league, supervising a game that turns it's participants into physically and mentally handicapped shells of them former selves, played by the very best athletes, frequently of horrific character. There's no integrity in the NFL. what a ridiculous idea. NFL head coaches would order Mafia hits on opposing players if they thought they could get away with it.

As far as people dropping the sport, that's what everybody said about basketball. Until their teams started winning again and Philly is selling out their games.

13 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

What we have here is a failure to communicate.   Of course the Jets players weren't trying to lose.    Their coaches were either incompetent enough to not run any clock, or smart enough not to run any clock.    They made it possible.   

I'm pretty sure they ran it a bunch after that fake punt and got stuffed, they were trying to run clock out there and we were calling timeouts. Then they had that costly penalty. 

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why is it that when everybody wants McCarthy fired, his jabs about the offense in press conferences was a clear sign that he wanted McCarthy gone, but now that it's happened, we've backtracked on that?

I'd dare to say the majority that thought that are the same that think todays win sets back the franchise by 10 years

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

That's the nutshell. Why ? Are you gonna actually say todays win ruins the 2019 Packers Draft ?

He already went further than this, saying it's going to help push us into the 70s and 80s, plus he was right about the draft 3 years ago, so you know he's going to be right about this!

If you **** on every single thing, eventually something is going to suck and you'll be right about it, who cares. Broken clocks and all that.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Tell me why it's not dumb to pull your starters? 

The "well nobody else does it" argument was stupid in the NBA when people used it and it's stupid now in the NFL.

What if Bahk is 50 snaps away from a 500k bonus? Are you telling Davante he can't break the franchise record he's worked for? You going to IR Martinez when he's got a good chance to go to his first PB? Clark too? 

Am I in anyway arguing that I would rather have pick 15 and 2 meaningless wins than pick 6? No. Am I arguing that maybe sticking with Davante and helping him break that record, letting Blake or Kenny make a Pro Bowl, helping any guys a few milestones away from hitting pay escalators helps us more in the long term when it comes to the loyalty they feel from the team and the effort they put in their offseason to work and their desire to stay here when their contracts are up.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What if Bahk is 50 snaps away from a 500k bonus? Are you telling Davante he can't break the franchise record he's worked for? You going to IR Martinez when he's got a good chance to go to his first PB? Clark too? 

Am I in anyway arguing that I would rather have pick 15 and 2 meaningless wins than pick 6? No. Am I arguing that maybe sticking with Davante and helping him break that record, letting Blake or Kenny make a Pro Bowl, helping any guys a few milestones away from hitting pay escalators helps us more in the long term when it comes to the loyalty they feel from the team and the effort they put in their offseason to work and their desire to stay here when their contracts are up.

Next years Franchise Mode trumps all of that nonsense

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

I don't know how much we can gather with this defense in its present state.  Only a handful of guys out there were starters when the season started.

Very true, which is why I highlighted the effort and potential of Lancaster and Tony Brown.  Both are dirt cheap guys that probably shouldn't be in there, but are playing above their spot on the depth chart.  If the defense is crap, maybe someone swallowed a nickel...

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Bakhtiari isn't 50 snaps away from a 500k bonus? Those kinds of bonuses really aren't that common.

Minimally I would have a conversation with Davante about sitting. I might not force him onto the bench but I would at least consider it.

Pro Bowl voting has already happened. Martinez has either made it or hasn't. Same as Clark. 

None of these excuses are valid except maybe Davante, and that's one you need to feel out on an individual basis. 

Archived