Week 16 GDT Packers @ Jets "I Believe That Gute..."

skibrett15

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Bakhtiari isn't 50 snaps away from a 500k bonus? Those kinds of bonuses really aren't that common.

Minimally I would have a conversation with Davante about sitting. I might not force him onto the bench but I would at least consider it.

Pro Bowl voting has already happened. Martinez has either made it or hasn't. Same as Clark. 

None of these excuses are valid except maybe Davante, and that's one you need to feel out on an individual basis. 

Clark and Martinez are both top alternates, same as Daniels and Adams last year. Those guys almost always go these days as the vets pull out and the players who go deep in the playoffs do the same.

Bahk I'm clearly using as a hypothetical. There are a lot of escalators guys are close to that we don't know of.

1 hour ago, hitnhope said:

You are right there are some assumptions that may not be true.   do you have any better explanations for why we were so dumb today?   Why we should feel good about that waste.   After losing important and meaningful games all year we finally have one where losing is preferable and we break out our first decent short yardage package of the season.

I am struggling to find an answer other than Murphy and Gute are incompetent.  I haven't heard a plausible explanation yet.   If you think that 4th quarter "panned out"  I don't know what to say.  We managed to beat a team that really wanted to be beaten.   No moral victory, no feeling better about our team.   We wasted an opportunity to make our team better for nothing in return.

Boy, Gute has been our GM for not even one calendar year and he's already declared incompetent.  Its both Murphy and Gute's fault the team didn't lie down and tank for a draft pick.  Got it.

8 minutes ago, Norm said:

He already went further than this, saying it's going to help push us into the 70s and 80s, plus he was right about the draft 3 years ago, so you know he's going to be right about this!

If you **** on every single thing, eventually something is going to suck and you'll be right about it, who cares. Broken clocks and all that.

Stop being dishonest.   You really don't know what you are talking about.   Seems like that doesn't stop you from voicing an incorrect opinion however.

Just now, Pugger said:

Boy, Gute has been our GM for not even one calendar year and he's already declared incompetent.  Its both Murphy and Gute's fault the team didn't lie down and tank for a draft pick.  Got it.

More dishonesty.  

It is Murphy's fault that TT was kept too long.   Where s your argument against this?

Gute has some good and some bad.  Time will tell.   I am far more concerned about Murphy than Gute at this time.

25 minutes ago, cannondale said:

That's the nutshell. Why ? Are you gonna actually say todays win ruins the 2019 Packers Draft ?

He isn't the only one making that declaration.   Yes, it would have been nice to get a higher pick but the draft isn't a sure thing.

3 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Stop being dishonest.   You really don't know what you are talking about.   Seems like that doesn't stop you from voicing an incorrect opinion however.

No no, my bad. Sorry I don't think we're going back to an era where we made the playoffs like twice in 20 years because we won one game hurting our draft position. How dishonest of me. You literally said that game and those decisions by the people running the show make you think that will happen again. There's nothing dishonest about it. It's what you said. Trying to subtly insult me doesn't work. I'm not that insecure. What you're saying is over the top negative exaggeration, it's a personality trait. It's also connect to **** like still being butthurt that people didn't like your old *** opinions that you think you were right about and have to beat your chest over. Nobody cares, nobody is keeping score. You're being extreme, you're exaggerating the hurt this could cause the team, you're pretending everyone is thrilled over this win but you, and anyone who isn't agree is obviously a big dumby poo poo head who has a "wrong opinion." Blah, ignore list, you're a dupe anyways.

4 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

More dishonesty.  

It is Murphy's fault that TT was kept too long.   Where s your argument against this?

Gute has some good and some bad.  Time will tell.   I am far more concerned about Murphy than Gute at this time.

Yes, I even said this in another thread earlier this season.  

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

As opposed to what? Free Agency? Trades?

You know the draft is a crap shoot.  A lot of the time a high pick busts as do FAs and trades.  One good thing about our new GM is he isn't allergic to FA or trades so we have a lot of avenues to improve this roster in 2019.

13 minutes ago, Pugger said:

You know the draft is a crap shoot.  A lot of the time a high pick busts as do FAs and trades.  One good thing about our new GM is he isn't allergic to FA or trades so we have a lot of avenues to improve this roster in 2019.

Let's be real, how have those other avenues treated us so far? 

Thompson pursued outside free agents when he had cap space. He just rarely had cap space. 

Archived