Week 16 GDT Packers @ Jets "I Believe That Gute..."

skibrett15

Just now, CWood21 said:

Precisely my point.  They had nothing to play for in 2017, and they shut him down.  They had nothing to play for in 2018, so why didn't they shut him down?  Does anyone think any less of Aaron if he doesn't play against the Jets?

Watch his press conference and he will answer that for you

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It's really not. Pro athletes getting paid. 

Winning games after you've been eliminated isn't borderline worthless, it's genuinely worthless.

The NBA Draft couldn't be any more different than the NFL Draft, you're kidding yourself thinking otherwise. Players getting paid has literally nothing to do with tanking, it's all about draft capital.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Precisely my point.  They had nothing to play for in 2017, and they shut him down.  They had nothing to play for in 2018, so why didn't they shut him down?  Does anyone think any less of Aaron if he doesn't play against the Jets?

Because 2017 Aaron wasn't healthy and 2018 Aaron is.

2 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Take your own advice and quit taking snarky swipes at everyone who doesn't share your opinion.  You use the words idiot and stupid more than anyone else on this forum.  If it isn't those then you use drunk at the wheel.  Always the demonization of other opinions apparently because anything in the NFL or NFL related isn't important, right?  You're so busy ranting you contradict yourself often.

If the draft is more or less a crap shoot, then why are you so upset that we draft a few spots lower? Your issues with Rodgers have you now arguing what a good guy Cam Newton is.  You know, the guy who likes to hide behind a towel. The guy who pouts and walks away from post game interviews.  The guy who runs to the endzone to do his superman thing when his WR throws a TD pass?

C'mon man.  Lighten up.  Your usually informative posts have really turned into 'skip bayless' type rants over the last few weeks. We get that you don't like Rodgers, we get it.

Why the hell does anybody care so much about my attitude? 

The draft isn't a crap shoot. I don't know where this idea is coming from. There are very obvious mathematical predictive patterns. The most obvious one being "Higher picks draft better players". Obviously that isn't a 100% correlation, but it's a lot stronger than the draft being a crap shoot.

Nothing you described makes Cam Newton a bad person. What is different between Cam Newton's Superman and Aaron Rodgers Shuriken or Belt? Why is the towel different than Rodgers screaming at receivers or coaches? The double standard surrounding Newton is screwed up.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why the hell does anybody care so much about my attitude? 

The draft isn't a crap shoot. I don't know where this idea is coming from. There are very obvious mathematical predictive patterns. The most obvious one being "Higher picks draft better players". Obviously that isn't a 100% correlation, but it's a lot stronger than the draft being a crap shoot.

Nothing you described makes Cam Newton a bad person. What is different between Cam Newton's Superman and Aaron Rodgers Shuriken or Belt? Why is the towel different than Rodgers screaming at receivers or coaches? The double standard surrounding Newton is screwed up.

Maybe that's the point. Rodgers or Gute aren't sitting around with Mock Drafts on the brain

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The NBA Draft couldn't be any more different than the NFL Draft, you're kidding yourself thinking otherwise. Players getting paid has literally nothing to do with tanking, it's all about draft capital.

The NBA and NFL draft both have the very strong correlation that most Stars are picked in the early part of the first round.

That's just math.

As far as players getting paid, you're talking about guys half assing their off-season prep because we sat Rodgers for two weeks. These are guys getting paid, they're gonna do everything they can to keep getting paid.

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

This is healthy Aaron Rodgers?  That's news to me.  He might not be complaining about it, but it certainly appears to be affecting his play.

Again, watch his press conference. He'll answer that question too. I know it's not as much fun that way, but facts might help

38 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Players, play for money, first and foremost.

Tanking isn't cheating, where is the role that says it is?

You explain to your kids that they need to be intelligent, identify their long term goals, identify their current situation and be disciplined enough to delay gratification in order to make the correct decisions to achieve their long term goals.

And I think we have hit upon a critical point here. If you are playing sheepshead you might deliberately lose one trick to win the last three. Teaching your kids to do that makes them a better sheepshead player. 

What about using creative accounting to screw employees out of thousands in profit sharing? It is for the good of the business and it follows the rules, strictly speaking. But your employees may resent it and start looking for a better employer to the detriment of the business.

I do appreciate your point and your point of view. Since the team has chosen to ignore the principles of good sheepshead play I hope their reasoning involves a longer view for the people, the players, and the business. 

Cuz I sure was hoping for a top ten pick. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

The NBA and NFL draft both have the very strong correlation that most Stars are picked in the early part of the first round.

That's just math.

As far as players getting paid, you're talking about guys half assing their off-season prep because we sat Rodgers for two weeks. These are guys getting paid, they're gonna do everything they can to keep getting paid.

I would bet a small fortune that the correlation in the NBA is much much higher. Like I said earlier, non lottery picks in the NBA are borderline worthless. Teams trade their late 1st for cap relief. Can you imagine the backlash if Gute traded the Saints pick for some guy on a cheap deal so he could spend more money in FA? It's not an apples to apples comparison in the slightest. Obviously I want a higher pick all things being equal, but your reasoning for why NFL FOs don't tank can't be "because they're dumb." At least try to look at the potential reasonings.

Archived