Preseason Week 3: Jacksonville Jaguars vs. Carolina Panthers

.Buzz

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Who's to say we wouldn't have screwed them up too?

Yeah.  Both those guys have been used intelligently to their strengths.  With coaches willing to work a little bit outside the box tailoring things to what their player does best.  We haven't really had that here.  Still don't appear to.

11 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  Both those guys have been used intelligently to their strengths.  With coaches willing to work a little bit outside the box tailoring things to what their player does best.  We haven't really had that here.  Still don't appear to.

Mack has been an All-Pro at 2 different positions. So if the Jaguars coaches at the time could coach their way out of a paper bag, the guy would've had success. Then again, we're talking about the Jaguars. 

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea i think alot of us did. I wanted him or Teddy. Would have been fine with Watkins so thats not so great either

All the guys you mentioned would've been a better option. The thing with Teddy and Watkins is injuries, but they have been solid (led team to potential playoff victory) and good (Sammy is a good WR, just always hurt). 

4 hours ago, Jags said:

Mack has been an All-Pro at 2 different positions. So if the Jaguars coaches at the time could coach their way out of a paper bag, the guy would've had success. Then again, we're talking about the Jaguars. 

That's exactly it though. Mack and Beasley have actually been moved around a bit playing LBer to get them some different looks in addition to just lining 'em up hand in dirt every time. Our staff don't seem particularly into that sort of flexibility. I mean Fowler may not be as good a player, but he's still a guy who could probably benefit from that sort of deployment. But it's not something they've even really investigated seriously. 

Archived