Serious thread: Freddie for HC

mistakey

1 minute ago, ohiogenius said:

F no. This man needs to be the OC so Baker can keep developing under his tutelage. Also it would keep Gregg from being the DC which would make me happy 

Why wouldn’t he be able to develop with Freddie as HC? Freddie being HC would mean he can’t jump to another team. He could leave in a year if he was an OC. 

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Why wouldn’t he be able to develop with Freddie as HC? Freddie being HC would mean he can’t jump to another team. He could leave in a year if he was an OC. 

I mean like one on one stuff that an OC can do a HC couldnt do cuz he has to focus on the team overall.

I say keep Gregg, hire a great DC. Make Freddie AHC and then when Gregg inevitably shows hes not HC material you bump Freddie to HC

2 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

I mean like one on one stuff that an OC can do a HC couldnt do cuz he has to focus on the team overall.

I say keep Gregg, hire a great DC. Make Freddie AHC and then when Gregg inevitably shows hes not HC material you bump Freddie to HC

he already is

48 minutes ago, bruceb said:

That strikes me as odd.

I mean how many RB or like coaches are AHC?

Maybe he is a Dorsey Manchurian Candidate?

He’s got experience as a RB TE and QB coach. He’s very respected in the league so they probably knew he’d be a good coordinator. Never underestimate the behind the scenes stuff. 

“I want a coach who’s a straight shooter”.....  Everyone agrees.

“I want a coach who’s innovative”... Everyone agrees.

“I want a guy who can work well with Baker”.... Everyone agrees.

”I want a guy who builds his scheme around the talent”... Everyone agrees.

”I want Freddie Kitchens”... “Whoa, slow down killer, why would you want Kitchens?!?!?”

fml you bros are a finicky bunch...

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

“I want a coach who’s a straight shooter”.....  Everyone agrees.

“I want a coach who’s innovative”... Everyone agrees.

“I want a guy who can work well with Baker”.... Everyone agrees.

”I want a guy who builds his scheme around the talent”... Everyone agrees.

”I want Freddie Kitchens”... “Whoa, slow down killer, why would you want Kitchens?!?!?”

fml you bros are a finicky bunch...

I mean I get what you’re saying but I get the slow down view point too, it’s the same as the triple G for HC look at what he’s done argument, you coach differently when you have the interim tag on you, you have the liberty of taking more risks as you may not have a job when the season is done anyways. I’ve said this in another thread Dorsey owes it to the team and the fans to leave no stone unturned and pick the person who is the best fit not only for the next season but for the next decade, Freddie has certainly earned the right to be considered, but I think it would be a disservice to pigeonhole ourselves using these last 8 games. Cast a wide net 

Just now, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I mean I get what you’re saying but I get the slow down view point too, it’s the same as the triple G for HC look at what he’s done argument, you coach differently when you have the interim tag on you, you have the liberty of taking more risks as you may not have a job when the season is done anyways. I’ve said this in another thread Dorsey owes it to the team and the fans to leave no stone unturned and pick the person who is the best fit not only for the next season but for the next decade, Freddie has certainly earned the right to be considered, but I think it would be a disservice to pigeonhole ourselves using these last 8 games. Cast a wide net 

I’m good with this, I’ve said all along Riley is probably my number one option.

I just think short of landing Riley I want Freddie running this offense, and if they means making him the HC to make sure he’s here long term, so be it.

Since Hue has been fired our offensive DVOA is 4th in the league and only Mahomes has a higher offensive DVOA than Baker.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2018/week-15-dvoa-ratings

We’re getting elite NFL play from a rookie.  Let that wash over you and sink in a bit.  Elite play with no elite playmaker.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

That strikes me as odd.

I mean how many RB or like coaches are AHC?

Maybe he is a Dorsey Manchurian Candidate?

It happens far more often than you think. Here is the list for just 2018 

Frank Bush - Miami - Asst. HC/Linebackers
Mike Caldwell - New YorkJ - Asst. HC/Inside Linebackers
Greg Roman - Baltimore - Asst. HC/Tight Ends
Duce Staley - Philadelphia - Asst. HC/Running Backs
Bill Callahan - Washington - Asst. HC/Offensive Line
Raheem Mooris - Tampa Bay - Asst. HC/Pass Game Coordinator
Dan Campbell - New Orleans - Asst. HC/Tight Ends

Also, 5 teams had an Assistant HC/Special Teams Coordinator

4 teams had an Assistant Head Coach

1 team had a "special" Assistant to the Head Coach   <-----we all know what retard that is

Archived