Jump to content
mistakey

Serious thread: Freddie for HC

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

I agree! This team still has a lot of holes, and there were more times I was unhappy with the D than I was with the O. I sometimes wondered if the Browns had any LB's on the field! The tackling was abysmal. And look at what the Chargers did to the Ravens. They made Jackson look like he was playing in his first game! That's next level talent! 

Actually Shobert was a fairly decent to good tackler the previous year so I'm kinda hoping it was just an off year for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Actually Shobert was a fairly decent to good tackler the previous year so I'm kinda hoping it was just an off year for him. 

The whole run defense was crap. I dont remember shcobert missing easy tackles, o think his missed tackles were a symptom of the problem.

We dont have a linebacker that stuff people in tackles, avery might, kirksey is pretty good against the run, but like shcobert doesnt shed blocks well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

People hate to admit it but our LBs were the best when Shelton was here

People seem to think he did nothing.  He’s the only significant change (negative change) to our front 7 and we regressed against the run.

I realize the benefit in trading him asset wise, but I’d like to see Dorsey bring in a guy who can play a similar role and keep Lb’s clean.  That isn’t Coley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2018 at 5:58 PM, mistakey said:

completely dumb name for a fan group but

BAKERS IN THE KITCHEN:
mistakey
backwards
letsgobrownies
kiwibrown

4d7e0e5a10082efa8b6b98087ed69e72d510469a

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

People seem to think he did nothing.  He’s the only significant change (negative change) to our front 7 and we regressed against the run.

I realize the benefit in trading him asset wise, but I’d like to see Dorsey bring in a guy who can play a similar role and keep Lb’s clean.  That isn’t Coley.

i mean he was a healthy scratch for NE...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i mean he was a healthy scratch for NE...

I’m not saying we need him specifically, just someone to fill the “run stuffer” role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not saying we need him specifically, just someone to fill the “run stuffer” role.

I am sure Dorsey would agree with that. He loves drafting Dlineman and has found some darn good ones. I'd venture to say he knew we needed to upgrade Shelton but knew it might have to wait a year with all the holes on the team, but he also knew that the time to sell was now or lose all value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I am sure Dorsey would agree with that. He loves drafting Dlineman and has found some darn good ones. I'd venture to say he knew we needed to upgrade Shelton but knew it might have to wait a year with all the holes on the team, but he also knew that the time to sell was now or lose all value.

Agreed, take the 3rd when you can get it.

A one dimensional run stuffer should be able to be found day 3.  It’s one reason I hated the Shelton pick to begin with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×