Serious thread: Freddie for HC

mistakey

34 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

I agree! This team still has a lot of holes, and there were more times I was unhappy with the D than I was with the O. I sometimes wondered if the Browns had any LB's on the field! The tackling was abysmal. And look at what the Chargers did to the Ravens. They made Jackson look like he was playing in his first game! That's next level talent! 

Actually Shobert was a fairly decent to good tackler the previous year so I'm kinda hoping it was just an off year for him. 

19 minutes ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

Actually Shobert was a fairly decent to good tackler the previous year so I'm kinda hoping it was just an off year for him. 

The whole run defense was crap. I dont remember shcobert missing easy tackles, o think his missed tackles were a symptom of the problem.

We dont have a linebacker that stuff people in tackles, avery might, kirksey is pretty good against the run, but like shcobert doesnt shed blocks well.

13 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

People hate to admit it but our LBs were the best when Shelton was here

People seem to think he did nothing.  He’s the only significant change (negative change) to our front 7 and we regressed against the run.

I realize the benefit in trading him asset wise, but I’d like to see Dorsey bring in a guy who can play a similar role and keep Lb’s clean.  That isn’t Coley.

29 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

People seem to think he did nothing.  He’s the only significant change (negative change) to our front 7 and we regressed against the run.

I realize the benefit in trading him asset wise, but I’d like to see Dorsey bring in a guy who can play a similar role and keep Lb’s clean.  That isn’t Coley.

i mean he was a healthy scratch for NE...

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not saying we need him specifically, just someone to fill the “run stuffer” role.

I am sure Dorsey would agree with that. He loves drafting Dlineman and has found some darn good ones. I'd venture to say he knew we needed to upgrade Shelton but knew it might have to wait a year with all the holes on the team, but he also knew that the time to sell was now or lose all value.

15 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I am sure Dorsey would agree with that. He loves drafting Dlineman and has found some darn good ones. I'd venture to say he knew we needed to upgrade Shelton but knew it might have to wait a year with all the holes on the team, but he also knew that the time to sell was now or lose all value.

Agreed, take the 3rd when you can get it.

A one dimensional run stuffer should be able to be found day 3.  It’s one reason I hated the Shelton pick to begin with.

Archived