Eliminated Owner No Longer Cares, But Making A Trade

the lone star

Should We Still Process This Trade If The Owner Is Indifferent?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Should We Still Process This Trade If The Owner Is Indifferent?

So an Eliminated Owner in my league No Longer Cares because he is out of it now, But he is Making A Trade where he is giving up the best player in the deal. The deal is still fair per our trade calculator, but when the Vice Commish reached out to him about the deal, the owner seemed indifferent to it going through. To test him, the Vice Commish sent a lopsided offer (Vice Commish was receiving the better end) and the owner accepted the deal. Since it was just a test, we aren't processing that trade, but what about the first one where it passes our trade-calculator test? 

As of yet, the indifferent owner hasn't told us if he will be leaving, so he could be back, but we do have a waiting list. Nobody has been picked from that waiting list though, so I guess it's still the indifferent owner's team. But our thinking is that he (the indifferent owner) will probably not be back next season.

The 2nd owner in the deal REALLY wants the player as he is in the championship game this week (no trade deadline in this league), so should we process the trade? What do you think?

1 hour ago, the lone star said:

So an Eliminated Owner in my league No Longer Cares because he is out of it now, But he is Making A Trade where he is giving up the best player in the deal. The deal is still fair per our trade calculator, but when the Vice Commish reached out to him about the deal, the owner seemed indifferent to it going through. To test him, the Vice Commish sent a lopsided offer (Vice Commish was receiving the better end) and the owner accepted the deal. Since it was just a test, we aren't processing that trade, but what about the first one where it passes our trade-calculator test? 

As of yet, the indifferent owner hasn't told us if he will be leaving, so he could be back, but we do have a waiting list. Nobody has been picked from that waiting list though, so I guess it's still the indifferent owner's team. But our thinking is that he (the indifferent owner) will probably not be back next season.

The 2nd owner in the deal REALLY wants the player as he is in the championship game this week (no trade deadline in this league), so should we process the trade? What do you think?

Having a trade deadline will eliminate these types of trades where teams are willing to sell or buy players for a shot at a title.  It leads to issues more often than not and collusion and shady deals will happen.  A trade deadline that is around week 12 or week 13 should give all teams in playoffs or contention for the playoffs time to bolster their lineups for a title run.  

As for this situation, if the trade is deemed fair, then it should be processed.  Whether an owner is planning on returning or not should not really factor into the decision.  Unless you are asking this question of all owners that have been involved in any trade thus far this season.  It would be too easy for the owner to say he would be returning for 2019 and then next summer say that things have changed and he is leaving.  

10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Having a trade deadline will eliminate these types of trades where teams are willing to sell or buy players for a shot at a title.  It leads to issues more often than not and collusion and shady deals will happen.  A trade deadline that is around week 12 or week 13 should give all teams in playoffs or contention for the playoffs time to bolster their lineups for a title run.  

As for this situation, if the trade is deemed fair, then it should be processed.  Whether an owner is planning on returning or not should not really factor into the decision.  Unless you are asking this question of all owners that have been involved in any trade thus far this season.  It would be too easy for the owner to say he would be returning for 2019 and then next summer say that things have changed and he is leaving.  

This. 

It should go through, and I second everything that squire is recommending here. 

2 hours ago, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

I don't understand leagues that allow trades after the playoffs started. It makes no sense to me. Most of the time they let trades go thru late you always hear a story about a bad trade. The moral of the story, don't allow trades after week 13.

My dynasty league allows trades and it makes sense because there is future consideration including draft picks. I am glad too because i got hit with injuries during my run to the finals this year and made a couple of deals 

On 12/21/2018 at 2:17 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

My dynasty league allows trades and it makes sense because there is future consideration including draft picks. I am glad too because i got hit with injuries during my run to the finals this year and made a couple of deals 

Ok well for a dynasty league I agree but a redraft league I wouldn't allow it.

On 12/22/2018 at 2:33 PM, Incarcerated_Scarface said:

Ok well for a dynasty league I agree but a redraft league I wouldn't allow it.

Yeah, redraft is tough, unless it's a keeper league and/or future draft picks are involved. Otherwise, the eliminated team doesn't have any skin in the game.

Archived