2019 Offseason/Draft

Dingo18287

Just signed DE/OLB Bruce Irvin to a 1 year deal. Gives us some good EDGE depth and another vet alongside Addison to mentor the young guys. Don't think it changes our draft approach. If one of the top end EDGE rushers are available, I would think it's gotta be the pick

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Hogan

Disappointingly dropped off last season, BUT upon second review - he was actually open on quite a few plays. Most of us thought he had completely lost his step and was unable to get open, but it's not the case. Some of us thought it might have been Brady's problem (either lost trust or lost some ability to get it to him).  

Probably a combination of both. We can't call Hogan 7/11 anymore (always open) but he's a good option to have out there on 11 personnel. 

Horrified by the rumors that we may trade up for an OT or draft a DT.

Honestly I think the dude I want most right now is Cody Ford. Let Moton and Williams duke it out for LT.

Moton/Williams - Ford - Paradis - Turner - Moton/Williams

That's potentially a very good OLine. Of course we are assuming Paradis and Williams are healthy... and that Daryl and Moton aren't one year wonders... and that Ford is not a bust. Still. There's potential.

Not a big fan of Clelin Ferrell who constantly gets mocked to us. My only reasoning is that I do not like his name. Clelin. How do you even pronounce that? Would rather have Brian Burns. Alliteration is always a good thing. Montez Sweat even sounds like a scary dude who is gonna terrorize QBs. Joe Jackson is a classic football name. Chase Winovich sounds like an old school name too, possibly also the name of an All-Pro TE or OL. But Clelin Ferrell? I can't deal with that.

Other players with good names: Dexter Lawrence, Darnell Savage, Rodney Anderson, Lonnie Johnson, Irv Smith
Other players with bad names: Elgton Jenkins, Nasir Adderley, Taylor Rapp, Germaine Pratt, Yodny Cajuste

Thank you for attending my seminar on judging prospects by their names.