Vance Joseph to be fired at end of season (PFT)

Scalamania

This is the worst decisions the Bronco's could've made.

Joseph should be given an EXTENSION, John Elway should also be given a lifetime contract so he can continue to run the Broncos into the brick wall that says "Superbowl trophy goes here". 

39 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Broncos wouldn't let something like this leak. Just somebody's assumption that is more then likely accurate.

People talk. 

Could be that Elway told someone he trusts outside of the organization, while trying to get an idea of coaches that he could hire. That's very likely. 

It doesn't seem like Elway runs a tight ship. There have been leaks out of this FO for years. 

7 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

I’m actually a bit surprised by this news at this point in time.  I would have thought that 3 game winning streak that included wins over the Chargers and Steelers combined with the excuse of Sanders tearing his Achilles in practice would have bought him another year

Not to mention Chris Harris.

But he is pretty bad, and elway has to deflect blame somewhere

I mean, this was overdue. Should've never been hired in the first place, dude was a horrible DC.

But this is overshadowing the more interesting piece of news: The fact that Elway wanted to replace Joseph last season with , get this - Mike Shanahan. He also wanted Kirk Cousins instead of Case Keenum. But Team President Joe Ellis blocked the move.

Could Shanahan once again become coach of the Broncos? More importantly, there seems to be some sort of power struggle between Elway and Ellis.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I mean, this was overdue. Should've never been hired in the first place, dude was a horrible DC.

But this is overshadowing the more interesting piece of news: The fact that Elway wanted to replace Joseph last season with , get this - Mike Shanahan. He also wanted Kirk Cousins instead of Case Keenum. But Team President Joe Ellis blocked the move.

Could Shanahan once again become coach of the Broncos?

Could he? I mean we saw Gruden come out of retirement last year to a franchise that has struggled for years so anything is possible.

Should he? Nope. Dude is 66 and would be the oldest coach in the league by a decent margin (Unless Pete Carrol/BB are like a few months older) he clearly proved he can't handle a young QB with the Redskins, the best part of hiring Mike Shanahan (Kyle) wouldn't be coming with him. 

In the end it would make sense if Peyton was still on the team but this team needs a hard reset on the QB position and the coaching staff, maybe the FO given Elway hasn't exactly been stellar but Elway will probably get a long leash. The Broncos are going to draft a QB in the 1st round within the next 2 years and it's hard to see Shanahan sticking around to mentor that rookie QB for 5+ seasons.

6 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Could Shanahan once again become coach of the Broncos? More importantly, there seems to be some sort of power struggle between Elway and Ellis.

I'd guess half of the Vikings fan base would have been okay with Cousins going to Denver.

1 minute ago, vikingsrule said:

I'd guess half of the Vikings fan base would have been okay with Cousins going to Denver.

Say what you like about Cousins, but he's better than Case Keenum... probably.

To be clear, I'm not saying Elway is right to have wanted Shanahan or Cousins. But the power struggle is very interesting. Also Vance joseph is a trash coach so yeah

Archived