GDT 2018: Week 16 - Baltimore Ravens @ LA Chargers - Saturday Night Football

drd23

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

This defense just held the Chargers dangerous offense to 10 points. They deserve to be in that conversation that everyone has showered onto the Bears.

Primetime performances like this go a long ways with how people perceive you. We straight up balled out. This was our best D performance all year (even better than TEN). Wonder how much the Harbaugh extension had an impact on things.

All I know was the Chargers were our worst matchup and we just beat them. This was a total team win. The coaches did a great job overall. Special teams did their job (would’ve been awesome if Tucker would’ve hit that 65 yarder, that would’ve gone a long way to making him a HOF kicker when it’s all said and done), and the offense did enough controlling of the clock and responding to being down to get this game to us as a win.

I definitely don’t want to play that Chargers defense again. They really have the speed to contain Jackson and the power up front to contain Edwards/Dixon.

11 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Pfft, I get up before 5AM most weeks (3AM at the start of the season) to watch the Ravens ;)

10 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I thought I was hardcore for getting up at 7am here on the west coast to prepare for our 10am games.

Well shoot, as Oprah said... you all get a car. 🚗 

19 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So what's our playoff scenarios? We beat Cleveland we're in for sure, and if the Saints beat Pittsburgh (and we beat CLE?) we win the Division?

If the Texans lose out and the Colts win out then we're eliminated regardless of what we do against the Browns

19 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Lose and we're done unless Saints beat Pittsburgh?

Actually, if Indy lose to the Giants tomorrow but beat the Titans in Week 17 and the Phins split their remaining games we can still make the play-offs when I put my tips into the ESPN Playoff Machine

Some stats (and maybe an opinion or two) to throw out there:

The Ravens have allowed the fewest points in the league through 15 games. 28 teams are still only at 14 games played.

Crabtree is not good.

Baltimore's point differential is currently sitting at +100. That's pretty good. Fifth best in the league, and the four teams ahead of them have all clinched playoff spots. 

Lamar Jackson has now won more games as a starter than Joe Flacco this season.

This game was the worst running performance the team has had since Lamar stepped in... still totaling a whopping 159 yards on 4.5 yards a carry. This was a bad performance for them. Let that sink in.

Mark Andrews now has 30 catches for 498 yards and 3 TDs in his rookie season. The 16.6 yards per catch is good for 4th among all rookies with 19 or more receptions. 

Hayden Hurst has 11 catches for 120 yards and 1 TD.

I believe Gus Edwards' 642 rushing yards is the second most ever for a Ravens' rookie running back. Jamal Lewis still holds that crown. 

On 21.12.2018 at 7:34 PM, berlin calling said:

i'll enjoy watching Stanley/Brown shutting down Bosa for the whole game.

great ******* game! proud for that pair of young tackles who did great against what should be a premier pass rushing duo in Bosa/Ingram.

MM playcalling is still very suspect to me but whatever, its great to see Jackson grow before my eyes in games with so much at stake.

Archived