Jump to content
drd23

GDT 2018: Week 16 - Baltimore Ravens @ LA Chargers - Saturday Night Football

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, sp6488 said:

Line has moved a little in our favor (from LAC -4.5 to -4.0). 

I'm kinda suprised it's that low.  That means that the bookies think that we're basically even on a neutral site, which I'm not sure I'd agree with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve never had a great feeling about this game. The Chargers are just a really good matchup for us. If we win this game, Lamar Jackson is seriously for real.

The only real positive about this game will be the 50 degree weather. We won’t be battling the weather and the Chargers. The guys should hopefully be in tip top shape to execute.

I’m excited to see how Lamar ensures this test. I’m sure the Chargers will have Derwin James spy him. That and have  Ingram and Bosa play contain first rush second. Have the rest of the defense essentially man/zone up and bank on our guys not separating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking over some numbers, the Chargers are poor in punt coverage. No doubt Harbaugh thinks he can spring one on this leaky unit. 

Of course the defense will have to stop their offense to force punts, which will be tough. Ravens pass D vs. Chargers pass O is a matchup of elite units. Will Rivers utilize no-huddle? I don't remember him doing that too often. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Looking over some numbers, the Chargers are poor in punt coverage. No doubt Harbaugh thinks he can spring one on this leaky unit. 

Of course the defense will have to stop their offense to force punts, which will be tough. Ravens pass D vs. Chargers pass O is a matchup of elite units. Will Rivers utilize no-huddle? I don't remember him doing that too often. 

You make some excellent points. That does make me feel a bit better.

Speaking of positive things to look towards for hope in this game, I would list how the Chargers looked completely outmatched against the Steelers in the first half of that matchup. If we can out physical them early perhaps we can set the tone for the game in such a fashion.

Also I tend to look at Matt Ryan and Phillip Rivers as two similar QBs and with how we were able to confound Ryan and limit him to only 130 yds passing, perhaps we can do the same to Rivers.

That said, I can see it now, Tony Jefferson and CJ Mosley will both get abused by old man Antonio Gates and that’s the difference in the game... yet we still won’t bench Jefferson for Clark.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess I shouldn’t have looked at the playoff scenarios. Had no idea that if we lose this game and the Titans win their game, we’re officially eliminated from the playoffs, regardless of what the Colts do in their game or what we do in week 17.

Really don’t understand why that’s the case when we should have the tie breaker against them given we finish with the same record, but whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man! If Gates is able to dice our defense up, then we’re done! Lol not going to happen. The one game Mosley will be able to keep up with a TE

Our kryptonite is going to be verse Gordon and Allen. The defense has proven dominance vs the run, but KC gouged us with backups.

Keenan Allen is said to be playing, but if he’s not 100% then I expect Humphrey to shut that down. We just can allow the big plays that Rivers likes to take shots on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Guess I shouldn’t have looked at the playoff scenarios. Had no idea that if we lose this game and the Titans win their game, we’re officially eliminated from the playoffs, regardless of what the Colts do in their game or what we do in week 17.

Really don’t understand why that’s the case when we should have the tie breaker against them given we finish with the same record, but whatever.

Are we eliminated in that scenario? I read we’re eliminated if Pitt wins & titans win with a raven loss. 

Because with a loss... we could see pitt lose today and next week. Then we win week 17, we should win the division 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ravens5520 said:

Are we eliminated in that scenario? I read we’re eliminated if Pitt wins & titans win with a raven loss. 

Because with a loss... we could see pitt lose today and next week. Then we win week 17, we should win the division 

Yeah, you’re right I double checked and it’s with the Steelers winning.

Which I have them doing. Our only hope lies in Josh Johnson. If the Titans lose, that’s one less concern for us.

I’m also seeing scenarios where even if we win out we might not make the playoffs, which I thought was a guarantee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Man, we in there! Ravens fans are all OVER that stadium today. Might be a home game today.

Is that surprising?  Pretty sure most Chargers home games are basically 50/50 home and away fans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×