Another mock coaching search

bucsfan333

Koetter and Licht are both relieved of their duties. Which means pretty much everyone else is gone too.

The Glazers kick things off by making Mike McCarthy an offer he can't refuse. We have a habit of hiring a HC first and letting him pick his GM. And that trend continues.

I think Jameis is gonna be the priority this offseason. I don't think he's going anywhere. And I think the Glazers are gonna continue to go all in to make him the first franchise QB in team history. That starts with getting him (maybe) the best offensive mind on the market.

McCarthy doesn't waste much time. He calls up an old colleague in Eliot Wolf, the current assistant GM for the Browns. Wolf was with the Packers from 2004-2017, starting as a pro personnel assistant and moving up to the director of football operations.

This connection to Cleveland is gonna make it tough for us to land McCarthy and woo him into taking our job over Cleveland's. But the Glazers are gonna give him a ton of money and power.

With the HC and GM in place, we bring in Ben McAdoo to be our OC. He was with McCarthy in New Orleans and Green Bay. McAdoo isn't a HC but he knows offense; the West Coast offense specifically. Gone will be the days of explosives and max protect deep routes. We'll see more slants, bunch formations, and combo routes a lot closer to the LOS.

Wolf pulls some strings and lands Gregg Williams as our DC. He's not offered Cleveland's HC job and he turns down all the other HC offers he gets. 😂 We keep our 4/3 and drop the garbage soft zone coverage immediately, instead running a more aggressive man defense.

With Cleveland bringing in new coaches, Amos Jones finds himself without a job. But not for long. Jones' work with Catanzaro early in his career and having won a Super Bowl with the Steelers as their STC makes him a solid candidate. And we scoop him up.

Lol...   This would be crazy.  This would be a group of castoffs but I don't doubt it wouldn't work a lot of these guys are trying to prove themselves.  Although Gregg Williams kind of has it would be great to see him go against the saints and Payton twice a year.

1 minute ago, sryan66611 said:

Lol...   This would be crazy.  This would be a group of castoffs but I don't doubt it wouldn't work a lot of these guys are trying to prove themselves.  Although Gregg Williams kind of has it would be great to see him go against the saints and Payton twice a year.

I'll probably do another one of these before Black Monday. I'm just trying to look at different possibilities.

Archived