Green Bay Packers at New York Jets GDT

SDotNova

What are you hoping for?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What are you hoping for?

• Jets win and Darnold plays well
    • Jets lose and Darnold plays well
    • Jets lose and it doesn’t matter how Darnold plays

Alright ladies. Can Darnold make it three good games in a row, will he take it up a notch, all this and more Sunday at 1:00pm.

Green Bay has a 68% chance of winning this game per ESPN.

This might be just me, but this is the type of game the Jets win. We are out the playoff picture, fans want a high draft pick and we are the underdogs. Sounds like the right time for us to pull off a win.

The Jets need to lose the next 2 games.   My choice would to be sit Sam Darnold to rest his foot and play younger players to see what the Jets have to work with for the future.  Sam Darnold has shown he can learn and play well in a system.   There may be another offensive system with a new set of WRs to work with if Todd Bowles is fired.   If Oakland and Arizona are foolish enough to win games the Jets can have an even higher pick to work with.  They can trade the pick  and get more picks to add much needed talent around Sam Darnold.  The last 2 games will show nothing more than what we already know about Sam Darnold's skillset. 

Choice #4:  Sit Darnold to improve chances of high draft pick

Darnold, has a big game but we lose the game because of Bowels calling time out when the Packers were out of TO that allowed the Packers to beat us with a 62 yard FG. This way we keep our high draft pick, and it is the final nail in Bowles coffin.

Darnold"s stats from the Packer game

36 attempts  26 completions 3 TD  0 INT 350 yards passing.

This is a game the jets would traditionally win. Big underdog late in a lost season. Normally I'd be pulling for the Loss big time. Maintaining the top 3 pick could he huge. 

But I'm more hoping that sam has a big game and looks great. If that means eating the win and dropping in the draft I'm ok with that. His growth is simply more important than anything else for this franchise right now.

I want Darnold to look good. I can careless about if we win or lose HC in past years that meant us missingnout in a QB perhaps. That’s not the case anymore. So we win and draft a different edge rusher? So be it. Our hopeful franchise QB developing is drastically more important than that.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I want Darnold to look good. I can careless about if we win or lose HC in past years that meant us missingnout in a QB perhaps. That’s not the case anymore. So we win and draft a different edge rusher? So be it. Our hopeful franchise QB developing is drastically more important than that.

I can't see us getting into that second round with out trading down. And we could sill get a good player even if we drop a few spots in the draft. But you never know maybe a player will drop in our lap like the last two years. The best thing is we don't have to make any decision till it is our turn to pick in the first round.

19 hours ago, famousj said:

The Jets need to lose the next 2 games.   My choice would to be sit Sam Darnold to rest his foot and play younger players to see what the Jets have to work with for the future.  Sam Darnold has shown he can learn and play well in a system.   There may be another offensive system with a new set of WRs to work with if Todd Bowles is fired.   If Oakland and Arizona are foolish enough to win games the Jets can have an even higher pick to work with.  They can trade the pick  and get more picks to add much needed talent around Sam Darnold.  The last 2 games will show nothing more than what we already know about Sam Darnold's skillset. 

Choice #4:  Sit Darnold to improve chances of high draft pick

I think you are crazy here. If anything Sam needs to get as many games under his belt as possible. Don't give me the he might get hurt thing. That can happen to anyone. The foot injury was over blown because they held him out 1 or 2 weeks long than usually to heal it. There is no longer a foot injury. Th only think you will be sending to the fans is we quit and want nothing to do with playing football. That is something no one wants for their team. Sam is on a roll and let him finish the season on a roll. I would also like to add he gets his game in NE next week and he has to play in that game just for the environment and maybe knock the pats out of the bye week. 

11 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

It's all about Darnold and competing. I'm not worried about the #1 pick, but I do want to stay in the top 3. 

“It’s all about Darnold” is something that’s going to drive me insane lol. I get what you mean but I can’t wait for the day when it’s all about the team. 

Archived