2019 OffSeason V1

GWH87

Happy to hear opinions on this outcome, some parts are long shots and I get that. But lets remember this is Gute's first off season setting the table with what he feels will move the Green Bay Packers towards another Championship. I'm a believer he wasn't fully invested in making Mac a successful coach this season, so now it's time for him & 12 to produce.

Head Coach
Option 1: Pat Fitzgerald, not the favorable choice here but with talent on defense attained in FA & the draft this off season he has assets needed to allow Pettine to succeed. Accountable, respected and energy driven to ignite entirety of the team including 12. Brings in LaFluer to be the OC/Asst Head Coach and have full control of offense.

Option 2: Matt LaFluer - Brings the innovation and QB relationship building that 12 hasn’t had in recent seasons. Was around RG3 when he was something, helped Matt Ryan in super bowl season with Shanahan, worked with McVay & Goff last season to revive the Rams, finally worked with Marriotta this season. Able to connect with 12 and the team to build next championship effort.

Cut 
Zook (special teams are a joke underneath him)
Graham (not what we hoped for and easy to cut the cord)
Bulaga (too much shelf time being injured and have better options)
Perry (see above add in per cost not worth the cap space)
**est cap space of $55mil**

Sign
Le’veon Bell 4yrs 13 mil per ($40m guaranteed)
Looking at offseason impact players, we won’t be able to get one on the edge since they will all be franchise. Gute knows this, knows 12 works best with a comfort blanket to check to, Bell is it. His issues are kept in check in GB, no lime light, Rodgers, Bahk & Daniels let him know the GB way.
Earl Thomas 3yrs 11 mil per ($20m guaranteed)
True leader our defense needs, ran his course in Seattle and is looking for redemption before his decline
Dee Ford 4yrs 8 mil per ($15m guaranteed)
Instant speed off the edge, 12 sacks this year with 2 games left. Market will be saturated with Edge guys so we sneak him away from the Chiefs and instant starting position lands him in GB.
Ty Sambrailo 2yrs 7 mil per (no guaranteed)
Not splashy but keeps 12 upright which is the most important piece of our team, will serve his purpose and reliable.
Jesse James 4yrs 8.5mil per ($15m guaranteed)
Youth, size, emerging talent at TE that has learned from another good QB. Time to work with a great QB and is double what we hoped for with Graham. An addition is he likes to block and won’t back down from it.

**est cap after signings $7.5m**

Trade 
(6) 11 + future 2nd for 2 (12) from Carolina

Draft
1(10) Josh Allen - Edge - Kentucky
What we hoped for in Nick Perry. Long, Physical, Multi Dimensional Football player we need off the edge. Done great against top notch SEC talent for consecutive seasons. Non Stop motor & teams w/ Jaire & Clark for the Future look of our defense
1(32) Cody Ford - OL - Oklahoma
Interchangeable acquisition for the OL can be plug and play at both guard and tackle where ever off season signing’s aren’t done
2(10) Marquise Brown - WR - Oklahoma
Elite speed we need from the slot with the shift vision to be similar in function to Tyreke Hill for our offense and new coordinator / HC to tool with
2(12) Charles Omenihu - Edge - Texas
"The Giannis" of Edge rushers in this years draft, bend to get the corner, menace inside on passing downs, a multi tool to be used to get to the QB. With future bulk Our Danielle Hunter in the making.
3(10) Nasir Adderly - S - Deleware
Excellent range and ball skills needed in our back end, will take over during season for Jones and allow him to be more of a Jack of All trades for Pettine. Will learn ropes from Thomas and be our next in line S we’ve been waiting for. Who doesn’t want Adderly on the back of a Packer jersey again?
4(10) TJ Hockenson - TE - Iowa
Nasty blocker and evolving pass catcher from TE U, will team with James to be the bookend tight ends we had hoped we had with this season. Once lower have gets stronger will become a game changer for our offense. Iowa pipeline remains open!
4(15) Ryan Connelly - LB - Wisconsin
Has enough range to play as needed for Pettine, likes to stick his nose in on the run and just turns up to always make plays. Depth we need as well as youth at the position.
5(10) Mark Gilbert - DB - Duke
Bloodlines run well with him, on the lean side so will need to bulk up to not be a Kevin King of sorts, but has the ball skills needed to play in isolation. Great back end of the bench add for the secondary depth
6(21) Marquise Copeland - DL -Cincy
Our diamond in the rough this draft, hope he lasts this long. He’s built like you imagine a nasty DL to be built, great first step and motor to go along with it. Depth and impact in rotational nature by mid-season
7(10) D’Cota Dixon - S - Wisconsin 
Special teams ace to start his career, could potentially assist on the back end of the defense but should carve out his piece making our special teams special again.

Roster
Arog, Kizer
Bell, Jones, Williams
James, Hockenson, Tonyon
Tae, MVS, Brown, Allison, St Brown, Kumerow, Davis
Bahk, Sambrailo, Taylor, Linsley, Ford, Spriggs, Pankey, Patrick, Siragusa

Clark, Daniels, Lowry, Adams, Lancaster, Copeland
Allen, Ford, Gilbert, Fackrell, Omenihu
Blake, Burks, Connelly, Morrison
Jaire, King, Tramon, Jackson, Gilbert, Brown
Thomas, Jones, Adderly, Greene, Dixon

Crosby
Bradley
Scott

Let me have it & appreciate your time reading the first volume.

Double the AAV for Dee Ford, and you're probably closer to what he's going to get as a FA.

Josh Allen is playing himself into a top 5 pick.  Packers aren't going to draft an IOL in the first.  And I don't think Marquise Brown has the size the Packers want in their WR.

How is Dee Ford getting only 8M/year?

Didn't Bell sit out as opposed to making 14.5M this year?

Did I read where Rodgers works best when checking down to a "comfort blanket"?

I love the draft and how it fell for you.  I just think you undervalued a few free agents.  With the money available out there, they are getting paid more than that.

Le’veon Bell 4yrs 13 mil per ($40m guaranteed)

Looking at offseason impact players, we won’t be able to get one on the edge since they will all be franchise. Gute knows this, knows 12 works best with a comfort blanket to check to, Bell is it. His issues are kept in check in GB, no lime light, Rodgers, Bahk & Daniels let him know the GB way.
Earl Thomas 3yrs 11 mil per ($20m guaranteed)
True leader our defense needs, ran his course in Seattle and is looking for redemption before his decline
Dee Ford 4yrs 8 mil per ($15m guaranteed)
Instant speed off the edge, 12 sacks this year with 2 games left. Market will be saturated with Edge guys so we sneak him away from the Chiefs and instant starting position lands him in GB.

First things first, I don't think there's a chance in hell that Bell signs a contract for 13 mil per when he was offered significantly more than that by the Steelers and he refused to sign. Not sure I want that contract with Earl Thomas with the medicals no offense, but I wouldn't complain if we did net him and there's no chance in hell that we get Dee Ford for that cheap, that's more like what you're paying for Barrett or Ray not Dee Ford.

1(10) Josh Allen - Edge - Kentucky - Love this pick and it would be a dream come true if we could land him, unfortunately, I don't see it happening and honestly would like to see us trade back here in hopes of netting a future 1st as I'm more of a fan of Polite and boys as opposed to Gary. 
1(32) Cody Ford - OL - Oklahoma - I 'd be pretty mad if we took a Guard in the 1st round, Packers a notorious for converting those 4th Round+ Tackles into OG, lets stick with what's working.
3(10) Nasir Adderly - S - Deleware - I think when all is said and done this guy is going late 1st early 2nd round, but if we can get him in the 3rd I'd probably have to change my underwear. 
4(10) TJ Hockenson - TE - Iowa - Love this pick.

Overall, I think there were some contracts that you ended up going a little light on and feel our money could be better spent then on a Le'Veon Bell (I personally think we're fine with Aaron Jones) but good effort man!

Yes, let's pay Jimmy Graham 7million dollars to dissapear rather than paying him 12 to play for us. 

Yes, let's cut Bryan Bulaga to give a bigger contract to Ty Sambraillo who is a worse player.

I don't even hate Earl Thomas but writing guys in their 30s that 3rd contract is risky as hell. 

Yes, let's bench dollars on the penny Aaron Jones to bring in Leveon Bell at a massive ******* contract so Rodgers can not throw to him. 

Cody Ford is not an NFL Tackle, come on. 

Why are we looking at midget receivers? 

Ryan Connelly has NFL range. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLx100000000000000000

Doesn't matter the verbiage used behind the signing of Bell he would be a difference maker, which this team lacks desperately. Bell can want north of 14m per yr but problem is market for the best in the league is high 13s with Gurley and Bell isn't an MVP performer like Gurely, so yes I see him taking less if he's serious about winning. Problem is Colts have just as good a case at this time as the Packers. I'd like anybody to name the last marque back Rodger's has had to play with? His comfort level comes with vets that "know where" they're supposed to be or can make a play time and again. Bell can do that, so yes comfortable dumping it off, new coach, new accountability = better results from 12.

I love Aaron Jones as much as any other Packer fan, there's a reality out there nobody is will admit to yet but 3 MCL injuries shouldn't be taken lightly, so yea Bell would still be a great fit.

I don't know who would sacrifice every ounce of their football credibility and say we should keep Graham but good for you man, keep trying. He's done and regardless of cap hit this team needs to shed unproductive dead weight he's part of it. Name a contested catch this year he's come down with?

Bulaga v Sambrailo is a younger see the field more move. In addition he grades out per PFF @ five points higher than Bulaga so say what you want but the facts are facts, Pack might not do it, but this is my mock off season not theirs.

Joe Schobert didn't have NFL range either but I would assume him making the Pro Bowl would mean he still doesn't. Not sure where I said Ford was a tackle, in a worst case scenario I'd put my money on you wanting him there more than Spriggs. 

I get Allen @ 10 is a reach but my hope is others out perform him in post season activities and he takes a slight slide due to others getting love from Teams. Polite is i'm ok with @ 10 as well, just put Allen there as I think shifts are coming, which could very well mean he's going top 3 or 5.

Marquise may not have the size but he's the same measurable's as Cobb with elite speed, elite speed is what we need from the slot & pretty sure they'd be ok with that and 12 hitting him wide open vs teams 3 or 4 DB. 

Hockenson & Adderly are 2 of my favorite picks in the draft and Adderly could slide up to Rnd 2 and flip with Omenihu coming down to Rnd 3.

Not sure Dee Ford will double the ave I put up there but I can see how I under shot his salary. In the event don't cut Bulaga, skip signing Ty and give the remaining 4-5ish to him and we still have a decent offseason.

Enjoyed the feedback whether constructive or otherwise, thanks!

Acknowledge that Jones' knee has to be a concern. 

But Jones is one of the better runners in the league and Williams is a good back-up.  You win the salary cap game when you have decent starters on rookie contracts as you can use the money elsewhere. For me, there are far better uses for the money that Bell will ask for. This shouldn't even be a consideration.

Bell has torn his MCL as well and has had 5 years in the league. With the speed runners decline, I'd always rather than draft one than spend big money on a vet.

14 hours ago, GWH87 said:

Doesn't matter the verbiage used behind the signing of Bell he would be a difference maker, which this team lacks desperately. Bell can want north of 14m per yr but problem is market for the best in the league is high 13s with Gurley and Bell isn't an MVP performer like Gurely, so yes I see him taking less if he's serious about winning. Problem is Colts have just as good a case at this time as the Packers. I'd like anybody to name the last marque back Rodger's has had to play with? His comfort level comes with vets that "know where" they're supposed to be or can make a play time and again. Bell can do that, so yes comfortable dumping it off, new coach, new accountability = better results from 12.

I love Aaron Jones as much as any other Packer fan, there's a reality out there nobody is will admit to yet but 3 MCL injuries shouldn't be taken lightly, so yea Bell would still be a great fit.

I don't know who would sacrifice every ounce of their football credibility and say we should keep Graham but good for you man, keep trying. He's done and regardless of cap hit this team needs to shed unproductive dead weight he's part of it. Name a contested catch this year he's come down with?

Bulaga v Sambrailo is a younger see the field more move. In addition he grades out per PFF @ five points higher than Bulaga so say what you want but the facts are facts, Pack might not do it, but this is my mock off season not theirs.

Joe Schobert didn't have NFL range either but I would assume him making the Pro Bowl would mean he still doesn't. Not sure where I said Ford was a tackle, in a worst case scenario I'd put my money on you wanting him there more than Spriggs. 

I get Allen @ 10 is a reach but my hope is others out perform him in post season activities and he takes a slight slide due to others getting love from Teams. Polite is i'm ok with @ 10 as well, just put Allen there as I think shifts are coming, which could very well mean he's going top 3 or 5.

Marquise may not have the size but he's the same measurable's as Cobb with elite speed, elite speed is what we need from the slot & pretty sure they'd be ok with that and 12 hitting him wide open vs teams 3 or 4 DB. 

Hockenson & Adderly are 2 of my favorite picks in the draft and Adderly could slide up to Rnd 2 and flip with Omenihu coming down to Rnd 3.

Not sure Dee Ford will double the ave I put up there but I can see how I under shot his salary. In the event don't cut Bulaga, skip signing Ty and give the remaining 4-5ish to him and we still have a decent offseason.

Enjoyed the feedback whether constructive or otherwise, thanks!

All good points.  Ford I believe is a better fit at RG then Tackle.  I feel ya man, good job.  Sometimes moves that seem to be unpopular are the moves that make the most improvements.  I feel ya, nice job.

On 12/21/2018 at 5:03 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yes, let's pay Jimmy Graham 7million dollars to dissapear rather than paying him 12 to play for us. 

Yes, let's cut Bryan Bulaga to give a bigger contract to Ty Sambraillo who is a worse player.

I don't even hate Earl Thomas but writing guys in their 30s that 3rd contract is risky as hell. 

Yes, let's bench dollars on the penny Aaron Jones to bring in Leveon Bell at a massive ******* contract so Rodgers can not throw to him. 

Cody Ford is not an NFL Tackle, come on. 

Why are we looking at midget receivers? 

Ryan Connelly has NFL range. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLx100000000000000000

Solid, positive, mature feedback for the guy who put time & effort into doing this. Good stuff.

6 minutes ago, gopackgo27 said:

Solid, positive, mature feedback for the guy who put time & effort into doing this. Good stuff.

What's there to discuss? In a league where you only have 190 million dollars, turning in a bill for 20+ dead cap because your feelings are hurt that a guy didn't produce in year 1 is stupid.

11 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What's there to discuss? In a league where you only have 190 million dollars, turning in a bill for 20+ dead cap because your feelings are hurt that a guy didn't produce in year 1 is stupid.

Maybe he's saying lighten up a little, last time we all checked our fodder on here doesn't mean squat. The last relevant material you've posted might be quite outdated so bend but don't break.

That being said it's a mock for a reason, you've been hell bent the last how many ever TT years we haven't survived that our measurables for player are a certain metric.

Where has that gotten this franchise? Approach a re-tool angle or be drafting in the top 10 for the next decade. I'd be willing to take a shot at Bell knowing he'd perform on the field than have a surplus a cash doing nothing. Go down swinging, which they initiated with 12s contract.

Break the status quo, which Gute has done by sending Jordy out, Mac, etc. The purge isn't completed and this will be his first off season to act as he'd like in support of a coach he wants at the helm. Hang on tight sweetheart. No feelings have been hurt in any of this, I'm willing to burn cash if it's destroying my product and future earnings. You should be willing to do the same or get passed by.

Archived