Diablo 3

showtime

5 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Was thinking about trying to get into this, but dont really know much about it.  I mean, I know about Diablo, but not much about 3.  What's up with the "seasons"? 

Its just like a Ladder reset from 2.  New season starts Friday you should buy it for XBOX one.  

• Like 1

On 1/15/2019 at 11:31 AM, MKnight82 said:

New season starts Friday.  Who's going to be online playing?  I think I'm going to run a Demon Hunter again.  

I'm debating on doing the DH since you get the majority of the N6M4 set as your starter set but I really liked the Condemn Crusader I was playing at the end of the last season.  Though I might try and do a support alt and learn that playstyle if I can find a group to consistently run with.

41 minutes ago, showtime said:

Wizard has like 4 of the top 6 builds in the game lol.  It's really hard not to play Wizard right now.

I tried Wizard a little bit last season but didn't have the most success with it.  Might have to look at it more this season.

8 minutes ago, Raves said:

I'm debating on doing the DH since you get the majority of the N6M4 set as your starter set but I really liked the Condemn Crusader I was playing at the end of the last season.  Though I might try and do a support alt and learn that playstyle if I can find a group to consistently run with.

I tried Wizard a little bit last season but didn't have the most success with it.  Might have to look at it more this season.

Are you playing on XBOX?

5 minutes ago, Raves said:

I play on the PC.  Outside of a few games I prefer the PC versions.

When Diablo 3 first launched I played it on PC.  But then I stopped playing it for a year or two, then eventually purchased it for Xbox.  I think its better on console.  

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

When Diablo 3 first launched I played it on PC.  But then I stopped playing it for a year or two, then eventually purchased it for Xbox.  I think its better on console.  

I could see that, I haven't played it on xbox but for games like this I normally prefer the control of a mouse over that of joysticks when maneuvering characters in a top down game.  In the first person/just behind view though I often prefer joysticks over a mouse surprisingly.

The game is very good on Xbox.... It's really well made for a console, much better than I thought it could be.  With that said, there's no way it's better than the PC version.  There's certain things you can do on PC that you can't on Xbox, like binding different hotkeys and extra things just because the keyboard has far more buttons than a controller does.

54 minutes ago, Raves said:

Condemn is still going to be a really good build, but it didn't get buffed at all, so it feel behind the other classes.  It's still Crusader's best set, but in the past it was arguably one of the top 2-3 builds in the game.  Now, it's probably somewhere in the lower half of the top 10, which is still really good.

If you do Wizard, look up some build guides.  I know a lot of stuff with the Tal Star Pact builds is that you have to keep cycling through your different elements depending on which build you're playing.

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

Condemn is still going to be a really good build, but it didn't get buffed at all, so it feel behind the other classes.  It's still Crusader's best set, but in the past it was arguably one of the top 2-3 builds in the game.  Now, it's probably somewhere in the lower half of the top 10, which is still really good.

If you do Wizard, look up some build guides.  I know a lot of stuff with the Tal Star Pact builds is that you have to keep cycling through your different elements depending on which build you're playing.

I had a Meteor? build I think last season.  I didn't stick with it too long because it felt too squishy compared to the 6/4 I was running with DH, then to Condem.  I really liked the DH so I might go back to it, but I kind of wanted to expand what I played, especially since I'll be here for the whole season this time, not the last 3-4 weeks as I had stopped playing D3.

Also do you get tabs for both Regular and HC or just one or the other?  I haven't played since Season 3 prior to this past season so my inventory is always packed.

2 minutes ago, Raves said:

I had a Meteor? build I think last season.  I didn't stick with it too long because it felt too squishy compared to the 6/4 I was running with DH, then to Condem.  I really liked the DH so I might go back to it, but I kind of wanted to expand what I played, especially since I'll be here for the whole season this time, not the last 3-4 weeks as I had stopped playing D3.

Also do you get tabs for both Regular and HC or just one or the other?  I haven't played since Season 3 prior to this past season so my inventory is always packed.

I'm not sure about hardcore, I never play it. 

Generally speaking, intelligence characters will be more squishy.  There are ways Witch Doctor and Wizard overcome, but you have to be really geared.  Crusader is really tanky in general and takes less optimal gear, IMO. 

DH has a lot of really strong builds.  N6M4 is going to be top tier.  They have one of the best speed farming T13 sets in Unhallowed Essence and another really fun build with the Shadow Impale set.  I really want to play Shadow DH this season, it looks amazing.  I hate N6M4, the playstyle is so boring.  I don't like Mauraders in general.