Dodgers trade Puig, Kemp, & Wood to the Reds

ramssuperbowl99

Just now, NVRamsFan said:

Kemp is also.

There are two possible scenarios for the Dodgers now. Like a lot think they sign Harper which would move Bellinger to first and Muncy to 2b. Another possibility is these two prospects and other pieces are used in the rumored trade with Cleveland for Kluber and they sign/trade for a 2b and Catcher which puts Muncy at first.

Eff the Dodgers.  They're gonna walk away from this thing with Harper/Kluber/Realmuto, aren't they?

6 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Oh god it's happening...

I still don't think they have the tax room for Harper unless they do something else. And even then how is 2019 or 2021 not a huge problem.

This could just be the Dodgers getting really good value on a salary dump of peripheral pieces that they can replace.

11 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I still don't think they have the tax room for Harper unless they do something else. And even then how is 2019 or 2021 not a huge problem.

This could just be the Dodgers getting really good value on a salary dump of peripheral pieces that they can replace.

This is only if you believe the rumblings about them staying under the luxury tax the next 4 years.  I still don't buy it, the Kelly deal notwithstanding.

3 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

This is only if you believe the rumblings about them staying under the luxury tax the next 4 years.  I still don't buy it, the Kelly deal notwithstanding.

I get the skepticism for sure. But so far this offseason we've learned the Dodgers are telling investors they're aiming to stay under the luxury tax, have signed Joe Kelly to a sub-luxury tax style deal, and dumped $20MM of luxury tax obligations. This is all headed one direction. Doesn't mean it stays that way, so we can definitely agree to disagree here for sure...but using duck theory the Dodgers are telling us they're a duck and quacking.

26 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Kemp is also.

There are two possible scenarios for the Dodgers now. Like a lot think they sign Harper which would move Bellinger to first and Muncy to 2b. Another possibility is these two prospects and other pieces are used in the rumored trade with Cleveland for Kluber and they sign/trade for a 2b and Catcher which puts Muncy at first.

gonna take more than two prospect and other pieces to get Kluber tho.

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

gonna take more than two prospect and other pieces to get Kluber tho.

Verdugo can headline a package. They have more than enough to get Kluber first and then shift focus to Harper.

Unless the Phillies sweep in with a massive offer, done.

Just now, NVRamsFan said:

Homer Bailey imo won’t ever wear a Dodgers uniform. 

Probably not, but he won't be cut tomorrow. They'll hang on and see if some rebuilding team wants to eat money for a prospect they don't like as much, or if there's a similarly crappy contract with a smaller buyout next year that they can swap.

Hypthetically, I'd throw out Mark Trumbo and Andrew Cashner for Homer Bailey and a prospect. Money works out except for the buyout and every single player in that trade blows.

12 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

What a great move for the Dodgers.  This is how you convince people that you’re all in on a title after coming so close the last 2 seasons

Owners have done a great job convincing their fans that staying under the LT is more important than winning a WS. That’s how it is in Yankeeland rn.

1 hour ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Owners have done a great job convincing their fans that staying under the LT is more important than winning a WS. That’s how it is in Yankeeland rn.

Well if they’re not ultimately concerned with staying under the LT, then signing Harper is definitely more of a possibility than it was yesterday.  I think they’re just trying to get the best of both worlds if possible 

Archived