Saturday Game Day Thread

SpanosPayYourRent

58 minutes ago, CKS97 said:

The Chargers seem built for the regular season, not the postseason.

50 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Based on what?

I was going to ask this question as well. They’re the most balanced team in the NFL imo.

3 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I was going to ask this question as well. They’re the most balanced team in the NFL imo.

I think Saints are the most balanced team in NFL...Chargers OL isn't good and that OL might probably be the major reason if they lose in post season. 

Previous iterations of the Chargers might have that label from 10 years ago, which is a different topic and shouldn't be attached to the current team. However, I get that because they never shed that label of underachiever that some won't fully buy in until they find post season sucess. I'll also like to tell them that this Charger team is completely different and has different circumstances in front of them. No Peyton, and Tom and Ben are vulnerable as ever. The Chargers should be the favs going into Jan.

20 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

I don't think they are the most  balanced team. As some pointed out, their o-line (particular at guard) is not very good in pass-protection. It has been an issue all year long and it is one reason why Rivers should get some MVP consideration (it is amazing how well he manages the pocket at his age, it has been Brady like). But the o-line problems crop up from time to time and it is a concern heading into the post-season. They are also still pretty bad on special teams and that may show up in a close game.

Despite all of that, they are still built to do well in the post-season. They have a great QB, a couple of top tier pass-rushers, some playmakers on offense and in the backend. They are also pretty tough mentally (IMO, the toughest Chargers team since 2007 and that team went to the AFC championship game before the injuries just became too much to overcome). 

Archived