If Chase Roullier Looks Good at Center....

MKnight82

On 8/29/2017 at 7:41 AM, Jlash said:

I actually caught a decent chunk of that game and totally forgot he was going to be in there.

And now you know why we've been a bit hesitant to say anything. He's just there. The fact that we cannot point our finger and say "wow, he stinks" or "what was he thinking?!" is probably a point in his favor.

48 minutes ago, Woz said:

And now you know why we've been a bit hesitant to say anything. He's just there. The fact that we cannot point our finger and say "wow, he stinks" or "what was he thinking?!" is probably a point in his favor.

The only negative play I saw of him was when the Bengals ran the stunt with their LDE & Atkins and Roullier helped Scherff block Atkins while Lauvao was left to block two guys and it resulted in a sack because Cousins felt the rush and took his eyes off downfield. Until our interior OL can prove they can handle stunts and blitzes up the middle we will continue to see them. This is developing as a huge problem for our offense as Cousins is getting gun shy and feels the rush each time the defense does this to us.

Just now, turtle28 said:

The only negative ply I saw of him was when the Bengals ran the sting with their LDE & Atkins and Roullier helped Scherff block Atkins while Lauvao was left to block two guys and it resulted in a sack because Cousins felt the rush and took his eyes off downfield. Until our interior OL can prove they can handle stunts and blitzes up the middle we will continue to see them. This is developing as a huge problem for our offense as Cousins is getting gun shy and feeling the rush each time the defense does this to us.

That's going to happen with a rookie offensive lineman. The problem is that it is also happening when the team fields an offensive line where each man has double digit regular season starts to his name.

Archived