2nd Mock Offseason

BayBubbPackFan

We are officially out of the playoffs..which sucks. We have some great bright spots (Adams, Clark, Alexander, and so on), but we have a fair talent deficiency that needs to be addressed. 

Remainder of season....

Jets: AR takes two big hits in the first half (no injury) but Philben sits AR for the remainder of the game and season. Smart move.

Packers lose last two games and finish 5-10-1. Giving us the 6th pick in the draft.

Offseason: 

Head Coach: Lincoln Riley. Packers were heavy behind the scenes courting Riley, seeing what he would do for Green Bay, how he would work with/handle AR, and coaches he would bring in.

OC: Zac Taylor. Talyor and Riley revamp the whole offense, energizing AR and the whole offense.

DC: Mike Pettine. He is kept in place to build off of 2018.

Resigned:

Breeland: 1yr prove it deal, with a lot of incentives. 

Matthews: 2yr deal, average of $6-$7 mil. Situational pass rusher.

All RFA and ERFA

Not Resigned:

Cobb: Cannot stay healthy.

Wilkerson: Can be replaced in draft.

Free Agency:

Earl Thomas (FS): 3yr for $33mil. Comes in as leader on the back end, wants to be one of missing pieces for a contender.

Cameron Wake (DE/OLB): 1yr for 6mil. Rotational pass rush, depth.

Draft:

Josh Allen get picked by the Raiders just before our pick.

1(a): Ed Oliver (DT/DE) Houston. Completes our d-line, giving us another in-line rush presence.

TRADE: Our 2nd first round pick and a fourth round pick to move up and select:

1(b): Noah Fant (TE) Iowa: Gives AR a seam stretching TE, and allows us to part with Jimmy Graham after 2019.

2: Oshane Ximines (OLB) Old Dominion: Influx of talent, can learn and grow behind Matthews and Perry.

3: Max Scharping (OG) Nothern Illinois: Great grab for the 3rd round. We slide him right into the RG spot.

4: Isaiah Prince (OT) Ohio State: More OL depth.

5: Andy Isabella (WR) UMASS: Gives us another slot WR, with good route running skills, short area quickness.

6: Daelin Hayes (OLB) Notre Dame: Speed rusher, great developmental, and depth.

7: Khalil Hodge (ILB) Buffalo: Tackling Machine.

Depth Chart:

QB: Rodgers, Kiser

RB: Jones, William's, Bibbs

TE: Graham, Fant, Tonyan

WR: Adams, MVS, St. Brown, Moore, Allison, Isabella

OT: Bak, Bulaga, Spriggs, Prince

OG:  Taylor,  Scharping, McCray, Patrick

C: Linsley

DT: Clark, Lancaster

DE: Daniels, Oliver, Lowery, Adams, Wake

OLB: Matthews, Perry, Ximines, Fackrel, Gilbert, Hayes, Donnerson

ILB: Martinez, Burks, Morrison, Hodge

CB: King, Alexander, Breeland, Jackson, Williams, Brown

FS: Thomas, Greene

SS: Jones, Brice

Special Teams: Crosby, Scott, Bradley

After going through my last mock offseason, I realized that no elite pass rushers will hit market. So I stuck with Wake.

I know this doesnt include a ton of FA spending but don't forget that we have to re-up Kenny Clark soon and Bak, etc.

I feel like this could boost our talent and depth as a roster and with Riley and Taylor, the team will be completely re-energized.

jleisher, that's a good point and something I should have clarified. With rookie coaches getting that extra team time early in the off season program will help accelerate the integration. 

Knowing Rodgers has played in only West Coast Offense his whole career they keep most of the concepts, giving it a make over with movements and formations. 

I would expect AR to pick it up by Training Camp, and be fully knowledgeable on splits, timing, and in synch with receivers no later then week 3 of the season. (Saying that because pre-season games aren't fully planned)

Does it not bother anybody that Isaiah Prince has sucked every year at Ohio State? 

Like, it's not just this mock, everybody says stuff like, "well he wasn't the guy that Ohio State was hoping he would be when they recruited him and his development wasn't what you'd like to see, but I still like the kid"

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Does it not bother anybody that Isaiah Prince has sucked every year at Ohio State? 

Like, it's not just this mock, everybody says stuff like, "well he wasn't the guy that Ohio State was hoping he would be when they recruited him and his development wasn't what you'd like to see, but I still like the kid"

Were you on the Rashan Gary train? I feel the same way about him. At least this kid, who I happen to agree with you, was in round 4. Either way, no thanks to him or Gary. 

16 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Were you on the Rashan Gary train? I feel the same way about him. At least this kid, who I happen to agree with you, was in round 4. Either way, no thanks to him or Gary. 

Gary's just clearly in the wrong spot. That's a natural born 3-tech being asked to play on the edge, and I think it's screwed up his development to a significant extent. Dude needs to come with those hands and he's just not. He doesn't have the bend to turn the corner. 

With him you're banking on that you can get him back to what he was as an under-classmen when he was playing inside and was a wrecking ball. I don't think Prince has any good tape to speak of. 

Interesting.  I liked everything until......you took Oliver.  Just think he is overrated.  He is NOT Aaron Donald.  After Oliver I feel like everyone was over drafted by at least one complete round except Hodge, he should go at least a couple rounds earlier.  I certainly hope we do not trade up in the first round for a TE.  I don't even want a TE in the first round at all, they take too long to develop and that pick needs to contribute sooner than later.

Of course its very early and this might turn out quite accurate, but not at this juncture.

I like a lot here.  I'd be pretty pumped to see Earl Thomas in GB.  Having 3 washed up pass rushers scares me a bit, though.

Lancaster might change Gute's list of needs if he continues to plug the middle and make plays like he did last week.  Oliver is a luxury pick there - I'd have gone in a different direction at that spot (Polite).

I don't hate Fant (iowa fan...) but I prefer a TE who takes pleasure in blocking.  AARON Jones would appreciate a TE who could block the back side of an outside zone consistently.  

I really like that you made an effort to fortify the OL relatively early.  I don't know squat about those picks though.  

I'd really like to see Ibrahiem Campbell back at safety.  In his short stint this year he looked better than anyone else we had back there.

21 hours ago, BayBubbPackFan said:

jleisher, that's a good point and something I should have clarified. With rookie coaches getting that extra team time early in the off season program will help accelerate the integration. 

Knowing Rodgers has played in only West Coast Offense his whole career they keep most of the concepts, giving it a make over with movements and formations. 

I would expect AR to pick it up by Training Camp, and be fully knowledgeable on splits, timing, and in synch with receivers no later then week 3 of the season. (Saying that because pre-season games aren't fully planned)

So improved record in 2019 and SB Champs in 2020?  I could live with that.

First off, I don't say this enough, so here's a blanket statement.  I appreciate everyone who takes the time to put a mock out there.  

As far as this mock goes?  I can get on board with the prospects as I've seen some of them.

I like Oliver, I do.

Scharpring...though...is no guard.  No base there.  He's finesse through and through.  I think he went a little high, but he does have the feet and length to be a tackle.  But if you want a guard, I don't think he's your guy.

Love getting Earl Thomas.  You got a second or third tier edge, which is good.

All in all?  Nice job.  Happy Holidays!

Archived