Open apology

jleisher

I want to apologize for my last post.  I can't take back what I posted and I regret not thinking before posting.  My teenage anger took over my 53 y/o brain.  My thought was to try to express that this forum is nothing but different opinions being shared.  Mine isn't right all the time and the same with yours.  I guess it just really bothers me when others feel their opinions are the only right ones. I am just an average joe, no insider information and no pro scouting background.  I read and post in this forum to relax and throw out different what ifs.  Sure, some of my what ifs are out there, to me, that's what makes this forum fun.  We can share what ifs openly, as crazy as they may seem.  So, whether you accept my apology or not is totally up to you.  As a special Christmas gift to you, I will not post as many mocks as I like to do.

Merry Christmas to all and I hope we can move on and enjoy a exciting offseason and 2019 season.

18 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

Keep the mocks coming. Those are initially the reason I started coming to FF way back in '07. I love seeing everyone's mocks, even the crazy outlandish ones

Same here, some have been creative over the years.  I know some make fun of me using Fanspeak at times to work out mocks, yeah, trade values and stuff might be off, but I like the idea of having someone or something picking against me.  Thanks!

I get the frustration with a certain group of posters who's opinions are held in highest esteem and have the time and energy to post nonstop and wear down anyone with a differing opinion.

I for one would have gladly taken  Nelson with our first pick last year. Sometimes value is not strictly positional and intangibles of a certain member can lift a whole group to higher standard of play. The play of both RG and LG has been substandard this year and has been an exploited weakness, Nelson would have certainly been a major upgrade to what we have. This is coming from a poster who was advocating for Alexander as the best CB in the draft last year and am glad we have him, but understand that Nelson would have also been a high value pick regardless of position and worthy of #14 let alone #18. I was also advocating for R. Smith because IMO ILB has more value than others believe, this does not make me wrong or uninformed, I just have a different opinion.

At least you have the conscious to apologize for behavior you were not proud of and this should stand as a lesson to those who stick with the mob mentality and cannot fathom ever being wrong and would rather attack others opinion to inflate their internet self esteem.

Just now, Redt said:

The play of both RG and LG has been substandard this year and has been an exploited weakness, Nelson would have certainly been a major upgrade to what we have.

PFF has 7 rating classifications.

Elite, High Quality, Good, Above Average, Average, Below and Poor. 

Quenton Nelson is rated Above Average.  6th overall pick.
Lane Taylor is rated Average. Undrafted.
Justin McCray is rated Average.  Undrafted. 

So you and everyone like you who hates the way I stick to my guns on positional value using Nelson as some proof I was wrong and that it's not as cut and dry as I make it really don't understand what I'm saying. 

Nelson wouldn't have been a major upgrade.  He would have been a slight upgrade.  So I really don't know how anyone thought that us drafting Nelson would have made us any better or that it would have been the right decision to draft him. 

He's literally 7 points higher than our undrafted rookie guards.  How can anyone see that investment for that production as something that would have been a right decision? 

And this is all really funny to me. 

I am an a-hole because I believe firmly that positional value matters and I stick to that.

You and the other guy aren't a-holes because you believe the opposite?  Aren't both of you literally doing the exact same thing?  Where is the disconnect here? 

Me - Positional Value is always something you have to think about.
You - Positional Value isn't always something you have to think about. 

You are just as vehemently saying the exact opposite of what I say, but I'm the a-hole?  How does that math add up? 

I get ( and agree) with the positional value line of thought. But some of you are way too radical about it. You have to take special player/ talents into consideration as well even if their position isn’t as valuable.

i think some of you would rather have Levi Jones, Justin harrell, or Amobi Okoye over Adrian peterson simply because of the positions they play.

I like the different mocks because I get a little info on prospects that I probably didn't know anything about beforehand.  Keep it up.

And disagree all you want.  This is entertainment.  I think @packfanfb and I get into about 10-20 disagreements per game day thread, and then we also agree probably 30 times.  I don't think he hates me, and I certainly don't hate him.  Not enough people act like ducks.  Let the water roll off your back.  

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I like the different mocks because I get a little info on prospects that I probably didn't know anything about beforehand.  Keep it up.

And disagree all you want.  This is entertainment.  I think @packfanfb and I get into about 10-20 disagreements per game day thread, and then we also agree probably 30 times.  I don't think he hates me, and I certainly don't hate him.  Not enough people act like ducks.  Let the water roll off your back.  

I concur. As someone who dosent watch enough college football I love to see the new prospects in mocks that I wouldn’t otherwise know about 

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I just think you're a jerk dave. 

Archived