Week 17 Colts vs. Titans

KingTitan

Just now, 615finest said:

Mariota will be the starting QB of the Titans next year.. get over it lol

Yeah, there's no logical reason to expect him not to be.

Well, there is one logical reason. The injury. If for some reason the injury has a long term effect.

5 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

Embarrassing game. We suck. Defense sucked, offense was worse. I hate everything. 

Honestly, after the first two drives, defense was fine. Colts had great field position a few times (including twice deep in our territory) and we had a defensive touchdown. Just had no chance with Gabbert missing every throw.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Honestly, after the first two drives, defense was fine. Colts had great field position a few times (including twice deep in our territory) and we had a defensive touchdown. Just had no chance with Gabbert missing every throw.

yeah, that game is extremely winnable with anything resembling a competent passing game. defense needs to be better if they wanna act like they're a top unit but we also need DL help in the worst way.

One pretty bright spot is it seems we have a starting caliber RB in Henry now. I was worried originally thinking it might just be fools gold, but 4 straight games of running hard, keeping the legs moving, seeking out contact instead of avoiding it finally has him looking like the RB we all hoped he could be.

Defense needs some pass rushing help but can be really good once it gets it.

Add some help to the IOL, a WR to pair with Davis and we should have a pretty good team next year if Mariota can shake the injury bug..but that's the biggest if in the world.

Conklin, Ryan, Jonnu Smith, Casey, Walker on IR.
Mariota out. 
 This was just an injury plagued year. 

We put up a fight, but Luck again was the difference. 
The Colts O-line was also boss. 

Gabbert's late INT was a killer. Looked like we might at least got to a FG. 

Our defense was the reason we were in the game, but also was a reason we were out of it. Jackson beat looking. Can't stop the run game. Can't get to Luck.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

When you have a QB with Marcus’ injury history, you need to have a backup QB better than Blaine Gabbert. Or Matt Cassel. If we settle for that again, it will bite us again.

How many actual backups(not people who are signing to fight for starting jobs ala Bridgewater with the Jets) were available better than Gabbert? Actually asking, cause I don't really remember, but at the same time, I remember thinking when we signed it that I wasn't fond of it but didn't exactly see where we could have done much better.

10 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

We couldn't stop the run at all...how are you going to trot out 3 "run stoppers" on the line and give up 158 rushing yards to the freaking Colts? Also didn't even breathe on Luck until it was basically too late. Like I said, the offense was worse, but the defense didn't play very well. The TD was a gift. 

4 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

How many actual backups(not people who are signing to fight for starting jobs ala Bridgewater with the Jets) were available better than Gabbert? Actually asking, cause I don't really remember, but at the same time, I remember thinking when we signed it that I wasn't fond of it but didn't exactly see where we could have done much better.

You can’t tell me that kap as a backup isn’t better than Gabbert yea his last season of football he was benched, but look at how Baltimore is winning wit Lamar Jackson 🤷🏽‍♂️ Kap can do the same damn thing he had 1 bad season..

11 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

When you have a QB with Marcus’ injury history, you need to have a backup QB better than Blaine Gabbert. Or Matt Cassel. If we settle for that again, it will bite us again.

Honestly, they did upgrade over Cassel, but not enough given Marcus' injury history (like you said).

If staying with Marcus, you have to put a premium on a back up. They need to get a guy that is maybe the best QB possible, but also ends up being default competition. Don't know who that is...well actually I do, but will they do it?  (Kap)

2 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

You can’t tell me that kap as a backup isn’t better than Gabbert yea his last season of football he was benched, but look at how Baltimore is winning wit Lamar Jackson 🤷🏽‍♂️ Kap can do the same damn thing he had 1 bad season..

bro..no one is signing kap. We all knew that. Give me realistic names.

Archived