Week 17 Colts vs. Titans

KingTitan

7 hours ago, TitanTuff said:

bleh

Same here. I guess the thing that frustrates me the most is not that we missed the playoffs, but that we CANNOT BEAT ANDREW LUCK. Losing to the Colts both of our games with them this year just feels really bad. I understand our injury list could go on and on, but I just really wanted to beat him. Hated seeing them walk out with the W in Nissan Stadium. One thing that was obvious is that we CANNOT GET TO THE QB from the DLINE without Casey. Our pass rush needs some serious help at OLB too. Also, we were getting bullied in the run game, but props to the Colts Offensive Line cause when they would show replays of them blocking, I was really impressed with how much they were able to move Daquan and Austin Johnson off the line.

Still upset Marcus didn’t play, I really don’t care what the teammates say. Marcus may be tough, but toughness and availability are two separating things. If he is interested in a long term stay w/ this franchise, he better play all 16 games (and more) next year. I don’t know what he needs to work on to allow this to happen, but it needs to happen. I do not want to have to put our faith in Blaine.

One thing that is clear is that JROB has a TON of work to do this off-season. So many decision to make and pieces to put together. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Man... it was a fun season.  It really was... so much adversity.  First year coaches, a plethora of injuries... and yet a young team that held together and almost pulled it off. 

This game embodied what we went through all season... had a chance late to pull it off, as improbable as that was, before the wheels fell off, and the injuries to our key players was evident... Players missing last night that were expected to play significant roles from opening day:

• Offense
    • Marcus Mariota
    • Delanie Walker
    • Jack Conklin
    • Jonnu Smith
    • Rishard Matthews
  • Defense
    • Jurrell Casey
    • Brian Orakpo
    • Logan Ryan
    • Jonathan Cyprien
  • STs
    • Michael Campanaro
    • Nate Palmer
    • Tye Smith
    • Kalan Reed
    • Phillip Supernaw
    • Devin Ross
    • David Fluellen

There's going to be a lot of excitement this offseason... we're really only a couple moves and health luck from being a serious championship contender.  Three straight 9 win seasons is good, but next year should be the year that will put us over the hump.  A lot will rest on Mariota... can he not only grow in year 2 of this offense, but also can he stay relatively healthy. 

We need to go into next year with Henry as the lead back... no doubt... and we need to have a better plan to use him and Lewis together.  LaFleur will be under the microscope... good and bad... he could go from scapegoat to HC candidate.  The defense just needs to find a way to generate a rush... we need to upgrade our DL, that's obvious... and we need more speed at OLB. 

On 12/31/2018 at 11:50 AM, ragevsuall17 said:

Man... it was a fun season.  It really was... so much adversity.  First year coaches, a plethora of injuries... and yet a young team that held together and almost pulled it off. 

This game embodied what we went through all season... had a chance late to pull it off, as improbable as that was, before the wheels fell off, and the injuries to our key players was evident... Players missing last night that were expected to play significant roles from opening day:

• Offense
    • Marcus Mariota
    • Delanie Walker
    • Jack Conklin
    • Jonnu Smith
    • Rishard Matthews
  • Defense
    • Jurrell Casey
    • Brian Orakpo
    • Logan Ryan
    • Jonathan Cyprien
  • STs
    • Michael Campanaro
    • Nate Palmer
    • Tye Smith
    • Kalan Reed
    • Phillip Supernaw
    • Devin Ross
    • David Fluellen

There's going to be a lot of excitement this offseason... we're really only a couple moves and health luck from being a serious championship contender.  Three straight 9 win seasons is good, but next year should be the year that will put us over the hump.  A lot will rest on Mariota... can he not only grow in year 2 of this offense, but also can he stay relatively healthy. 

We need to go into next year with Henry as the lead back... no doubt... and we need to have a better plan to use him and Lewis together.  LaFleur will be under the microscope... good and bad... he could go from scapegoat to HC candidate.  The defense just needs to find a way to generate a rush... we need to upgrade our DL, that's obvious... and we need more speed at OLB. 

This is what Im saying. We had SOOOO many injuries man. Early on to. The fact we were even in the spot we were is amazing to me. And all this marcus needs to go is crap. Dude is a hell of a football player. You can point to stats and injuries all you want but just watch the kid play. He has so much heart. I dont blame him one bit for missing this game. I would like to add a more mobile back up QB but I wont get into all the offseason stuff in this thread. As for the game we had a real shot at winning. Rough that it ended like that but I dont think with all these injuries we would've made a playoff run anyways so slightly better draft pick for us lolol. 

I think the biggest problem is we didnt have walker. He always found a way to make plays for marcus. Losing him in week one HURT. Bad. Then Matthews quit on us... Both huge reasons we struggled on offense all year. Idk GREAT season tho. Had great games. Love Mike V baby. Think we got our guy

10 minutes ago, VY-FTW said:

This is what Im saying. We had SOOOO many injuries man. Early on to. The fact we were even in the spot we were is amazing to me. And all this marcus needs to go is crap. Dude is a hell of a football player. You can point to stats and injuries all you want but just watch the kid play. He has so much heart. I dont blame him one bit for missing this game. I would like to add a more mobile back up QB but I wont get into all the offseason stuff in this thread. As for the game we had a real shot at winning. Rough that it ended like that but I dont think with all these injuries we would've made a playoff run anyways so slightly better draft pick for us lolol. 

I think the biggest problem is we didnt have walker. He always found a way to make plays for marcus. Losing him in week one HURT. Bad. Then Matthews quit on us... Both huge reasons we struggled on offense all year. Idk GREAT season tho. Had great games. Love Mike V baby. Think we got our guy

At the time, I thought Matthews quitting was a big deal, but then he did nothing for the Jets so not sure it mattered all that much. 

1 hour ago, TwoToneBlue said:

At the time, I thought Matthews quitting was a big deal, but then he did nothing for the Jets so not sure it mattered all that much. 

He looked slower and heavier when he was out there. No matter what he said he was hurt and lost some juice. He tried to claim the team was using his injury as an excuse not to play him. 

It was valid and then some. 

20 hours ago, KingTitan said:

He looked slower and heavier when he was out there. No matter what he said he was hurt and lost some juice. He tried to claim the team was using his injury as an excuse not to play him. 

It was valid and then some. 

Even a slower Matthews would've been better than Sharpe and the rest of the AVG wideouts we had behind Davis. At least Matthews had some hands. I do think Taylor can be a solid slot guy in the future idk. Maybe Im wrong

• 2 weeks later...

Archived