Week 17 Colts vs. Titans

KingTitan

22 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

Yes, for the life of me I don't know why most of the Colt fans on this site post in the general and other teams boards, but not in the Colts. Stallyns and myself try to keep it going. 

The Jags one was just one guy sharing stuff from Twitter the last time I looked at it so don't feel bad.

6 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

Think you mighta forgotten... But we had the following CBs play significant/starter snaps in 2016...

Perish Cox

Brice McCain

Valentino Blake

Some were considering Lattimore at 5, but WR was probably a greater need and Wmiams and Davis were every bit the prospect as Lattimore (and CB depth as much deeper in the the draft than WR) When White fell to 18, it didn't matter who else was available... He was by far the best player left at the position of greatest need for us. It shoulda a been a slam dunk pick... 

To be fair, though, I doubt anyone really ranked Davis, or Williams, in the same tier as Lattimore. He was really an elite prospect, and likely one of the highest regarded at the CB position to come out of college in some years.

I also don't really remember White being that highly thought of as a prospect at the time.

Overall, neither of those two picks busted. For better or worse, we landed two starters at very needy positions at that moment.

Just now, Andrei01 said:

To be fair, though, I doubt anyone really ranked Davis, or Williams, in the same tier as Lattimore. He was really an elite prospect, and likely one of the highest regarded at the CB position to come out of college in some years.

I also don't really remember White being that highly thought of as a prospect at the time.

Overall, neither of those two picks busted. For better or worse, we landed two starters at very needy positions at that moment.

Davis was a damn good prospect in his own right and I still have no doubt that he’d be a top 10 WR right now if he played with a good QB. I had Lattimore, Davis, and Adams as my top options for pick 5 although Lattimore’s hammy’s worried me.

White wasn't considered a top ten prospect, but Jackson wasn't generally considered a first rounder. 

Lattimore - Humphrey - White - Jones - King - Jackson

Jones fell because of an awful injury. King fell because of god who knows why. Slow 40 knowing NFL teams.

51 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Davis was a damn good prospect in his own right and I still have no doubt that he’d be a top 10 WR right now if he played with a good QB. I had Lattimore, Davis, and Adams as my top options for pick 5 although Lattimore’s hammy’s worried me.

I really think the vast majority of people covering the Draft didn't have Lattimore and Davis in the same tier. Corey wasn't even the consensus top WR in the class, while Lattimore, again, was one of the best CB prospects we have seen in a while. I'm on phone, but if needed I can link an article tracking like 104 mock drafts that year. 16 of them mocked a WR to us at 5, only two of them predicted Davis.

Garrett, Allen, Fournette, Lattimore and Adams were the elite prospects that year. Solomon Thomas got hot late and depending on who were you asking, Hooker had a case to be made, but there wasn't really any other prospect that belonged in the same tier as them. 

Archived