Week 17 Colts vs. Titans

KingTitan

3 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

To be fair, though, I doubt anyone really ranked Davis, or Williams, in the same tier as Lattimore. He was really an elite prospect, and likely one of the highest regarded at the CB position to come out of college in some years.

I also don't really remember White being that highly thought of as a prospect at the time.

Overall, neither of those two picks busted. For better or worse, we landed two starters at very needy positions at that moment.

I was a Williams man myself, but it was pretty unanimous both him and Corey were top 10 going in (I think I may have held hope that if we went Adam's at 5, we could get Davis at 18)...

Either way, Lattimore ended up going after both and it wasn't a huge reach... It is what it is. 

Some had White as a top 10 and almost consensus top 20. He was my favorite at 18, didn't think he'd make it to the spot. When draft day came, the only player that gave me pause was Foster. I legit thought he was a top 5 pick. But CB s far more pressing a need. 

I instantly hated the Jackson pick. I've held out hope. The athleticism and potential is evident... But hes not even close to what Whites been. 

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

Also we’ll see if Vrabel can get us over the 9-7 hump or if he’ll be stuck on it like Mularkey.

I can only imagine our record this year if Mularkey was our head coach. Last year we had the second easiest strength of schedule at 0.465 opponent winning percentage. Through 15 weeks this year it is 0.507, good enough for 14th most difficult last year.

Not to mention last year we were nearly 100% healthy. I think DeMarco Murray was injured, but Henry was there to replace him and he hadn't really been any better than Henry all year long. Orakpo and Morgan were probably both injured on and off like they always are.

This year we're missing Walker, Casey, Ryan, Conklin, and Jonnu Smith. Not to mention Vaccaro, Lewan, Mariota, Woodyard, Sharpe, Taylor, Orakpo, and Morgan all missing starts throughout the season. In one game our #2 and #3 WRs were practice squad players.

I really doubt we reach 8 wins if Mularkey was our coach this season.

Its all pretty much playing out how I saw it playing out almost a month ago. Primetime game included. Almost like a vision bruh. 

This was supposed to happen two years ago when the Jags ruined everything. NOW! To get in we have to beat the QB we have never beat.  But you know there was another QB in a colts uni we could never beat till that Sunday night in Nashville! THAT CODE BLUE! HELL ID BRING IT BACK!

Marcus or no Marcus. We need to run the ball. Then RUN SOME MORE. Trick plays. IDC everything. We have to keep Luck off the field as much as possible. And Im lowkey hoping that they take us lightly even tho they wont say that. In the back of their minds they have to think the team they beat by 28 is the team they have to beat to make the playoffs? Easy. 

IDK IM VERY EXCITED. Sucks about Marcus but this is doable. We play great at home for the most part. Colts coming out of their cozy dome late in Dec to rain and cold. LOVE IT. 

TITANUP BOYS

6 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I was a Williams man myself, but it was pretty unanimous both him and Corey were top 10 going in (I think I may have held hope that if we went Adam's at 5, we could get Davis at 18)...

Either way, Lattimore ended up going after both and it wasn't a huge reach... It is what it is. 

Some had White as a top 10 and almost consensus top 20. He was my favorite at 18, didn't think he'd make it to the spot. When draft day came, the only player that gave me pause was Foster. I legit thought he was a top 5 pick. But CB s far more pressing a need. 

I instantly hated the Jackson pick. I've held out hope. The athleticism and potential is evident... But hes not even close to what Whites been. 

Maybe we remember history a little bit differently, but I really don't think there was ever any consensus that Davis and Williams were both going to be top 10 picks, or that White was a top 20 prospect in that Draft. They may very well have been fan favorites, I wasn't around the board at that time to know what the mood was in here, but not really to the outside world.

Here's an article that surveyed 104 mock Drafts that year to track how accurate they ended up being. You can see that the highest Davis was predicted to come off the board is 13th to Arizona (10 out of 104 had him going there, and to put it in perspective a little bit, 7 people also had him last all the way to 27 where KC was picking). Most people had him going to Baltimore at 16, or to us at 18. Way outside the top 10. White's highest predicted landing spot is Oakland at 24. He was seen as more of a favorite for Dallas at 28, or NO at 32 and some thought he would be a great fit for Seattle at 26. Again, not even remotely close to being a consensus top 20 prospect.

This seems like one of those games that we have to keep it close. The bigger the situations the bigger our stars play. We can't afford to fall behind 17 points in the first half and lose the crowd. 

If the game had not been moved to Sun night I probably would have gone...closest thing to a playoff game as it gets at home for us in years, and the last time I definately couldn't afford!!!

I just pray we show up and play, and not do one of these infamous no show efforts like the Bills and countless games of importance over the past 6-7 seasons. 

3 hours ago, Andrei01 said:

Maybe we remember history a little bit differently, but I really don't think there was ever any consensus that Davis and Williams were both going to be top 10 picks, or that White was a top 20 prospect in that Draft. They may very well have been fan favorites, I wasn't around the board at that time to know what the mood was in here, but not really to the outside world.

Here's an article that surveyed 104 mock Drafts that year to track how accurate they ended up being. You can see that the highest Davis was predicted to come off the board is 13th to Arizona (10 out of 104 had him going there, and to put it in perspective a little bit, 7 people also had him last all the way to 27 where KC was picking). Most people had him going to Baltimore at 16, or to us at 18. Way outside the top 10. White's highest predicted landing spot is Oakland at 24. He was seen as more of a favorite for Dallas at 28, or NO at 32 and some thought he would be a great fit for Seattle at 26. Again, not even remotely close to being a consensus top 20 prospect.

The board was definitely more hype about Davis than the movie they surveyed 

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=587965

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=588237

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=587971&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

There's the board's general thoughts. Davis was pretty much widely liked while the Adoree pick was questioned a little more. 

Adoree hasn’t even been a bad pick, though. The guy has played maybe 4-5 bad games in now two seasons. For a prospect many felt needed a lot of work, that’s pretty impressive

only gripe is that he’s not a valuable returner and doesn’t force many TOs

45 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Adoree hasn’t even been a bad pick, though. The guy has played maybe 4-5 bad games in now two seasons. For a prospect many felt needed a lot of work, that’s pretty impressive

After re-watching highlights from the Colts game earlier this year, it was obvious it was easily Adoree’s worst game of his career. He was allowing pass completion after pass completion left and right. We cannot afford for him to have another “off” game, he has got to play lights out. 

Also, it was obvious Marcus was holding onto the ball too long the first game around (before he got injured). If he plays, he needs to get it out quickly and take the 2-4 yard dump off instead of sack (and risk further injury).

adoree’s been an average pick. we could’ve done better, and we could’ve done much worse. you’d like to get more of an impact player at 18, so in that sense it’s unfortunate especially when white and humphrey were on the board, but he’s a solid player.

also, agree that we wouldn’t even have sniffed .500 with this schedule and these injuries with mularkey at head coach. you think mularkey beats the texans with gabbert and a high school OL? no chance.

2 hours ago, deeluxx3 said:

He's been what we all thought he'd be before the draft... A good athlete with a lot of work to improve... And why the 2nd and 3rd round was a better spot for him. You want more from a 1st rounder. 

Jackson hasn't been bad, but he doesn't compare to White or Humphrey so far in 2 years. 

Archived