Numbers game theory involving baseball

cconocool

It is tradition that teams have their best starting pitcher face off and rotate downward towards your least effective starting pitcher. My idea was to have your worst starting pitcher face off against their best starting pitcher and then you could rotate downwards for more favorable matchups if simply concede that one game. Your goal isn't to win the individual matchups, it is to win the most games possible. 

On 12/22/2018 at 7:19 PM, cconocool said:

It is tradition that teams have their best starting pitcher face off and rotate downward towards your least effective starting pitcher. My idea was to have your worst starting pitcher face off against their best starting pitcher and then you could rotate downwards for more favorable matchups if simply concede that one game. Your goal isn't to win the individual matchups, it is to win the most games possible. 

you start your best starters first because then in the long run they will get more starts its not really match up based 

On 12/22/2018 at 10:19 PM, cconocool said:

With injuries and differing amounts of off days at any given time the "matchups" generally evaporate within 2 weeks of the season starting. You want your best first so they are in position to pitch more games.

Archived