Week 16: Jaguars @ Dolphins: Who Cares at This Point...

.Buzz

1 minute ago, DuvalsKing said:

He was a good add on last year struck at the right time. But his play will just keep descending from here on out his better days are behind him

Sure, last year was probably the high water mark of his career.  But even where he's "dropped off" marginally from there, back to basically where he's been the last bunch of years, the guy is still at least a borderline Pro Bowl caliber stud.  He may only have another year or two in him before he hits that wall with age, but in the meantime...he's still a key piece, and one of the guys you can continue to field a good defense built around.

If you can restructure his deal to save a bit of cap, great.  But the people talking about potentially cutting him...lol.

6 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Sure, last year was probably the high water mark of his career.  But even where he's "dropped off" marginally from there, back to basically where he's been the last bunch of years, the guy is still at least a borderline Pro Bowl caliber stud.  He may only have another year or two in him before he hits that wall with age, but in the meantime...he's still a key piece, and one of the guys you can continue to field a good defense built around.

If you can restructure his deal to save a bit of cap, great.  But the people talking about potentially cutting him...lol.

We need to go to a 3-4 with him though. In a 4-3, he is a pretty damn big liability against QBs who can run. Watching him try to run someone down is awful to watch, and imo, a big reason why guys like Mariota and co. light us up. The big end is a joke.

13 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

We need to go to a 3-4 with him though. In a 4-3, he is a pretty damn big liability against QBs who can run. Watching him try to run someone down is awful to watch, and imo, a big reason why guys like Mariota and co. light us up. The big end is a joke.

I think the attention he commands and the disruption he can still cause is plenty useful in a 4-3.  Sure, it's not perfect and there's a bit of an achilles heel to him playing there against a specific type of quick mobile quarterbacks...but i really don't think he even needs to be in a 3-4.  He's still a difference-maker the way we've used him in a 4-3.

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

I think the attention he commands and the disruption he can still cause is plenty useful in a 4-3.  Sure, it's not perfect and there's a bit of an achilles heel to him playing there against a specific type of quick mobile quarterbacks...but i really don't think he even needs to be in a 3-4.  He's still a difference-maker the way we've used him in a 4-3.

🤔 Go to a 34 with what linebackers? I mean I’ve heard of GBs DC who has been talked about who runs a hybrid 43 with 34 concepts but this team doesn’t have the personnel Myles Jack can pretty much play in any defense.. Telvin not to sure and beyond those 2 linebackers the Jags are laughable.

10 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

They need to use him more inside at DT guards can not handle him on the inside.. I agree with you on the fact that he makes them a liability against athletic QB but to me he’d be better suited against interior lineman.

Archived