Week 16: Jaguars @ Dolphins: Who Cares at This Point...

.Buzz

22 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

I don’t think we have a prayer. That D-Line is going to dominate our O-Line. Will probably cause a couple turnovers.

That's what I figure will happen too.

Just feel like it would be funny for Blake on his way out to bomb our draft position and make a QB out of reach to replace him with.

23 hours ago, .Buzz said:

That's what I figure will happen too.

Just feel like it would be funny for Blake on his way out to bomb our draft position and make a QB out of reach to replace him with.

This would take me from liking Blake Bortles the person to despising him. 

3 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Meh. We're likely going to have to trade up regardless, unless we decide to stay put and try to take Drew Lock or take another prospect + draft a guy in round 2.

Do you have much of an opinion on Lock yet?

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

Do you have much of an opinion on Lock yet?

I like him. He's not as much of a top-tier QB prospect like Herbert and Haskins, but he has the capability of being good and is definitely the #3 QB. He's similar to Stafford, Mahomes, Cutler, etc. as draft prospects in that he has all the traits but has had bouts of inconsistency, needs to improve his decision making, and can be a bit of a gunslinger (not always a bad thing, imo). His upper-body mechanics are good though so our fanbase won't be triggered by that. His footwork and lower-body mechanics are inconsistent and are a big reason why he has inconsistencies in his game, but that's overall a common issue for QBs coming out of college and is easier to "fix" than upper-body mechanics. 

He has a reputation as a bit of being a bit more quiet and a nerd (like Eli) but I don't see anything that suggests he can't command a team. If he ends up being our guy, it's not the worst scenario, imo. This is a combination of what I've watched and what I've read in scouting reports (I usually check out scouting reports after watching a guy to see if others have similar views and if maybe I missed anything... sometimes I do and sometimes I just disagree).

51 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

I like him. He's not as much of a top-tier QB prospect like Herbert and Haskins, but he has the capability of being good and is definitely the #3 QB. He's similar to Stafford, Mahomes, Cutler, etc. as draft prospects in that he has all the traits but has had bouts of inconsistency, needs to improve his decision making, and can be a bit of a gunslinger (not always a bad thing, imo). His upper-body mechanics are good though so our fanbase won't be triggered by that. His footwork and lower-body mechanics are inconsistent and are a big reason why he has inconsistencies in his game, but that's overall a common issue for QBs coming out of college and is easier to "fix" than upper-body mechanics. 

He has a reputation as a bit of being a bit more quiet and a nerd (like Eli) but I don't see anything that suggests he can't command a team. If he ends up being our guy, it's not the worst scenario, imo. This is a combination of what I've watched and what I've read in scouting reports (I usually check out scouting reports after watching a guy to see if others have similar views and if maybe I missed anything... sometimes I do and sometimes I just disagree).

Thanks for the rundown. Pretty similar to how I felt about him, but good to get some insight on his mechanics. Haven't watched a lot of games from this QB class except Haskins yet.

At this point in time if Herbert stays and Haskins goes to NYG I think I'd be good with Lock in the top 10. It's time to take another swing...and Lock seems reasonable enough to take in the range we'll be picking.

Archived