Steve Wilks will be fired at season's end

Elky

5 minutes ago, Elky said:

Nah, he sucked. He was part of the problem.

Give me some evidence to support this statement which would actually warrant a first year dismissal under the circumstances of being handed a team in transition with a rookie quarterback and an awful o line with the best playmakers on offense being an inconsistent David Johnson and a receiver in his 15th season.  And I would prefer not to hear anything about play calling because every fan base has problems with play calling and a lot of them are overblown or thrown out there by armchair coaches

Just now, footbull3196 said:

Give me some evidence to support this statement which would actually warrant a first year dismissal under the circumstances of being handed a team in transition with a rookie quarterback and an awful o line with the best playmakers on offense being an often injured David Johnson and a receiver in his 15th season.  And I would prefer not to hear anything about play calling because every fan base has problems with play calling and a lot of them are overblown or thrown out there by armchair coaches

If Wilks was any good they wouldn't be firing him.

Just now, Elky said:

What does Pete Carrol a million years ago have to do with anything? Steve Wilks is a bad head coach that clearly didn't inspire anything from ownership.

It has to do with your assumption that all coaches fired in year 1 must be bad coaches.  I think the most that the best coach in the whole league could have realistically gotten out of this Cardinals team was 6 wins

1 hour ago, ClutchDJ said:

People that say it’s an “overreaction” or it’s “too early” to fire Wilks haven’t watched a Cardinals game this season unless it was against their own team. Keim should go as well.

This. His post game pressers were oof. Like Tomsula bad.

I wanted him to stay though. 

3 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

This is a stupid overreaction by Arizona.  Wilks was handed one of the worst situations in the league with a rookie quarterback behind a patchwork offensive line, what did you really expect from him?  They better have the right guy lined up here or this will make the organization look even worse than it already does

And before anyone says “well they were 8-8 without him last year”, please realize they were arguably the weakest 8-8 team in nfl history, yes even more so than the 2011 Cardinals that were lucky to go 8-8.  They had a point differential of 295-361 (-66) and by comparison, the 5-11 Bucs had one of 335-384 (-49)

And right now they’re on pace to finish -209.

1 hour ago, footbull3196 said:

The Jets fired Pete Carroll after 1 season so that’s absurd logic.  Do you have anything else to back up your point of view 

And the Patriots fired him after 3 very ineffective seasons

Some coaches need to grow and learn before they’re good. Carroll was a great DC who didn’t become a good coach until he went to USC.

Archived