Steelers vs. Saints GDT

MOSteelers56

I’m mad at the lack of playmakers on the defense. The lack of calling on this defense. The inability to pick up a running back off the street that can give you something when Conner went down. A kicker you can rely on.

Those are are all things that can be easily remedied that we refuse to fix. 

4 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

If Nix would have got it everyone would have been riding his ****. Hindsight is a pretty cool thing to have. Let’s go ahead and fire Tomlin because he was going for the kill shot.

I don't care if you would have gotten it or not the rest was not worth it sure it would have looked great but then why you have all of the momentum why is that

5 minutes ago, Neumatic said:

We don’t deserve the AFC North, we don’t deserve the playoffs. Not because of this game. Because the 3 game losing streak and the start of this season was pathetic. No one wants to play us but that doesn’t mean we deserve any help from the Browns.

we already got help from the browns when they released Haden. I agree with the rest of what you said,  and the 3 game losing streak was only a part of the problem.  Butler, boswell , tomlin and Ben (int's and not showing up until october) and the bell BS all were key factors.  

3 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I’m mad at the lack of playmakers on the defense. The lack of calling on this defense. The inability to pick up a running back off the street that can give you something when Conner went down. A kicker you can rely on.

Those are are all things that can be easily remedied that we refuse to fix. 

yes, fake the punt when you are up by 4  and the D is getting p[ressure and making stops, that is the remedy

2 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

yes, fake the punt when you are up by 4  and the D is getting p[ressure and making stops, that is the remedy

Tomlin explained his logic:

Convert and you are running the clock with 4:00 left. 

Dont, and you kept time on the clock to come back. 

If you punt there’s an incredibly high likelihood you don’t get the ball back. 

Roasting Tomlin for going for it is gonna be a bad hill to die on. 

On the referees. Dave Brian talked about this earlier in the week this officiating crew has only called 36% of their penalties against the home team. It was already predicted that we would lose the penalty battle the fact that they called a pointless personal foul at the end of the game to me was nothing more than them trying to make an argument for being fair about the officiating. Having said that that is not why we lost and anyone who thinks so should go back and watch that game the offense carried this team today however the 4th Down fake decision was stupid and the fumble by both Ridley and JuJu was absolutely unacceptable. I know War said I jinxed the team by stating what I said the final score would be but I don't feel that way I feel that the defense dropped the ball when it mattered most and the narrative that has been there all season with our inability to come up with turnovers is what ultimately cost us the game because once again we were the team committing the turnovers. I feel very strongly that someone on the offensive side of the ball should get fired. Who I don't know. Defensively the linebackers coaches and Keith Butler assuming that Baltimore wins next week are as good as gone. Danny Smith is as good as gone. And in my opinion Kevin Colbert should also be fired along with his entire scouting Department

6 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Tomlin explained his logic:

Convert and you are running the clock with 4:00 left. 

Dont, and you kept time on the clock to come back. 

If you punt there’s an incredibly high likelihood you don’t get the ball back. 

Roasting Tomlin for going for it is gonna be a bad hill to die on. 

Except that such a BS argument if you punt there given the way the defense was playing at that point in time there's a really good chance you get the ball back with half decent field position instead they ended up giving the Saints the lead

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Except that such a BS argument if you punt there given the way the defense was playing at that point in time there's a really good chance you get the ball back with half decent field position instead they ended up giving the Saints the lead

Disagree. That play shows you trust your defense at that point. 

I brought this up earlier this season in this is something people should keep in mind we lost to every single AFC West team. Not only did we lose to every single AFC West team but we lost to them in what I feel is very stunning fashion. In fact three of the four teams that we lost two at one point we were winning and we literally gave the game away in the final minutes. Against Kansas City we flat out got destroyed.

Just now, warfelg said:

Disagree. That play shows you trust your defense at that point. 

Maybe so but in that moment it was still stupid because that is just one of the plays you can point to in the game that virtually cost us the game and there is something seriously wrong if Stevan Ridley he's on the roster next year

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Maybe so but in that moment it was still stupid because that is just one of the plays you can point to in the game that virtually cost us the game and there is something seriously wrong if Stevan Ridley he's on the roster next year

Ridley should just stay in New Orleans. Of course he should have never been in the game at that time in the first place.

I don't have much of an issue with the fake punt play it was a gutsy call that didn't come off.  The Ridley play was just bad though,  I'm not even talking about the fumble that run play was just a stupid call to begin with.  You give Ben the ball and trust him to find a guy open.

Archived