Steelers vs. Saints GDT

MOSteelers56

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

And what’s the answer if we fire Tomlin and the next coach fails to make the playoffs? Fire him too? What about the one after that? If Colbert doesn’t draft a franchise QB right when ben retires should we fire Colbert? What if that GM pulls us to the bottom of the league?

If the expectation is Super Bowls then everyone, including GM and scouts are held to that standard too, as is the next coach, right?

Tomlin still makes the same stupid mistakes he did 7 years ago...he hasn’t improved.

At the very least he should be on hot seat going into next year...personally, I would be fine if they fired him.

And yes, the next HC could be worse than Tomlin...but Tomlin sure as hell Can be improved upon.

11 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Tomlin still makes the same stupid mistakes he did 7 years ago...he hasn’t improved.

At the very least he should be on hot seat going into next year...personally, I would be fine if they fired him.

And yes, the next HC could be worse than Tomlin...but Tomlin sure as hell Can be improved upon.

Reid still makes the same stupid mistakes too. Pete Carroll. John Harbaugh. It’s not like Tomlin is the only coach making mistakes. 

And the question wasn’t what you answered. But rather what if the replacement is a downgrade? What if we still lose in the same ways? What if we lose even worse? Do you fire that new coach? Keep the new coach out of fear of admitting you let go a good coach?

Last time a team let go like this was the Chargers with Schottenheimer and it’s taken them damn near all of Rivers career to recover from that. 

Norv Turner actually took that Chargers team farther than Marty. So, yea...

44 minutes ago, warfelg said:

And the question wasn’t what you answered. But rather what if the replacement is a downgrade? What if we still lose in the same ways? What if we lose even worse? Do you fire that new coach? Keep the new coach out of fear of admitting you let go a good coach?

It's fitting that the people who are too cowardly to move on from Tomlin think that asking cowardly lines of questions would deter those who have seen enough.

Tomlin isn't winning anything with Ben. He sure as hell isn't going to rebuild the ship after he loses him.These next few years are a crucial time.

NAme calling? Cool. You haven’t answered a damn question about coaching in a month. Move along. 

Edit: Also sorry I’m driving and done have perfect recall over ever coach of every team to remember Turner over Schottenheimer. 

57 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

41 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Reid still makes the same stupid mistakes too. Pete Carroll. John Harbaugh. It’s not like Tomlin is the only coach making mistakes. 

Last time a team let go like this was the Chargers with Schottenheimer and it’s taken them damn near all of Rivers career to recover from that. 

I'll say the same thing I've said countless other times... Most head coaches are flawed. Too often today, fans want to compare all head coaches to Bill Belichick, and it's unrealistic. Can you do better than Mike Tomlin? Yes. Would it be easy to find a coach notably better than him? No, and you'd be delusional to think it would be. That doesn't mean we should keep clinging to Tomlin, but Steeler fans should be more realistic about what to expect if we do replace him... And it's not the second coming of Bill Belichick.

8 minutes ago, warfelg said:

NAme calling? Cool. You haven’t answered a damn question about coaching in a month. Move along. 

Edit: Also sorry I’m driving and done have perfect recall over ever coach of every team to remember Turner over Schottenheimer. 

Did you expect anything more from him?

7 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Yeah, sometimes getting one elite player is better than getting 3 pretty good ones. We need an elite player on the defensive side. 

Evans was right there, move up one spot. What would that cost?  Colbert needs to be fired, his draft team has lowered the talent on the D. His strategy of keeping Vet's on the offence and loading the offence  yet relying on the draft for D has failed. We never did win a shootout with this offence either, so might as well get more offence. 

5 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

That's right.

Blame him for losing to the Raiders. Or deciding that on 3-2 with the ability to ice the game completely, he decided to give it to a RB who has like 5 carries all year.

Ridley getting the call  and even the call on that play was a bad idea. The fake punt, too many times tomlin has failed. Event he Connor TD vs the browns should have been challenged, but he never did.  He threw a challenge flag last week on a play that was able e to be challenged.

1 hour ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

It would still a be stupid call to use a plodding FB on a 4th and 5 dive on a fake punt instead of just putting the ball in the hands of just about anybody on offense...Ben/AB/JuJu/Vance/Samuels...Christ even James, Switz or Washington probably.

Even if they made it, it still would have been a stupid call.

I thought the D was playing well enough to punt it. If we are to go for it, put that hyped offence out there and see what they do. Put the big name out there to win it

that call was offensive 

16 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I'll say the same thing I've said countless other times... Most head coaches are flawed. Too often today, fans want to compare all head coaches to Bill Belichick, and it's unrealistic. Can you do better than Mike Tomlin? Yes. Would it be easy to find a coach notably better than him? No, and you'd be delusional to think it would be. That doesn't mean we should keep clinging to Tomlin, but Steeler fans should be more realistic about what to expect if we do replace him... And it's not the second coming of Bill Belichick.

Which is why I ask what I do. It’s not a blind defense of Tomlin. It’s a straight up what are the expectations? If it’s to eliminate flaws or win a loaf of SBs good luck. If it’s you think the team needs a new voice and a new vision, I don’t disagree. 

But if it needs a fresh voice and eyes, why is Tomlin the only one? Why not Colbert going? Khan going? Butler? Why is Tomlin singled out?

18 minutes ago, warfelg said:

But if it needs a fresh voice and eyes, why is Tomlin the only one? Why not Colbert going? Khan going? Butler? Why is Tomlin singled out?

Yes...why aren't people being harder on the contract guy. Why do they insist on singling out poor ol'Mike?

Just now, wwhickok said:

Can we not claim him?

Oh we could claim him, I’m just saying someone ahead of us will claim him before we’d even have a shot. I haven’t watched him but there’s plenty of people praising him. And he calls a spade a spade, so I’d like that on this defense at very least. 

Archived