GB's and SLappers: Bucs at Dallas

HDsportsfan

GB: The defense. The won it for us.

SLappers: The offense. I mean it is stomach turning to watch them. But truly the biggest slapper needs to go to Linehan. He needs to have a jockstrap shoved up is A$$ so far he tastes it.

And that goes for the refs as well. That was one of the worst and biased looking games I've seen called in awhile. I have no idea what the league can do about it. But it's awful. Maybe it is time to look at challenging calls or at the sacks on QB's and defenseless WR crap.

I don't really add much to these comments for the most part you guys cover it, but usually everyone always comments on SL, with not enough mention of JG. He's been a head coach in the NFL for about 10 years he needs to override certain things, but he never does he just stands there never makes adjustments. he is actually the head coach isn't he? so if you're going to mention SL please mention JG as well

I mean a perfect example is how many games have we seen Zeke not get the ball near goal line?? I mean at some point you have to just say you know what how about we just run the ball a few times in a row. he allowed Scott Linehan so make that ridiculous reverse call to Cooper. Why can't he override that. I mean he is just as much of a joke in my opinion and needs to be gone just as fast as SL

Before I post my “awards”, I think (for next year) we should start keeping track of all of the blown calls (phantom penalties, missed calls, etc.) that the refs make - for us and our opponent - each week. Many of you guys have known me for literally 15 years, and you know that I’ve never been one to blame the refs for their affect(s) on a game, but this season is making me reconsider. Across the league, the refs have done the worst job I’ve seen in my 35+ years of watching football. They’ve literally become a blight on the league and made games very hard to watch. And not just Dallas games; all games. It’s embarrassing how bad they’ve become, and I’m fed up with it. The NFL deserves better officiating than the garbage it’s received.

Game Balls:

Randy Gregory - He’s getting better every week and beginning to look every bit of the top 10 player many believed him to be coming out of Nebraska.

LVE - The guy is a tacking machine, and recovering the onside kick was the play of the game, in my opinion.

Jaylon Smith - He looked like he had a rocket up his a$$ on that TD.

Slappers:

Scott Linehan - That goal line series was the worst play calling he’s made all season. Not a single handoff to Zeke? Against the 32nd ranked rush defense?? REALLY?? You sir, need to be fired.

Quincy - I’m tired of the excuses. He just can’t play. He’s holding this team back with his inability to make easy throws, make decisions, and his high school level pocket awareness. I love his intangibles, but he’s a TERRIBLE QB.

Chidobe Awuzie - I know that he had the difficult task of covering Mike Evans for much of the game, but he was beated like a drum for much of it, and he got away with two really bad PI non-calls.

The Refs - 1. They missed three, THREE, facemask penalties against Bucs defenders. 2. The phantom roughing the passer penalty against Randy Gregory. 3. The missed (and blatant) offensive PI against Mike Evans on Awuzie in the end zone. 4. The phantom delay of game penalty against D-Law. 5. The phantom holding penalty against Tyron Smith. 6. The phanton unnecessary roughness penalty against Xavier Woods. Those penalties resulted in 14 of the Bucs’ 20 points. The refs CANNOT have the much of an influence on games.

24 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Before I post my “awards”, I think (for next year) we should start keeping track of all of the blown calls (phantom penalties, missed calls, etc.) that the refs make - for us and our opponent - each week. Many of you guys have known me for literally 15 years, and you know that I’ve never been one to blame the refs for their affect(s) on a game, but this season is making me reconsider. Across the league, the refs have done the worst job I’ve seen in my 35+ years of watching football. They’ve literally become a blight on the league and made games very hard to watch. And not just Dallas games; all games. It’s embarrassing how bad they’ve become, and I’m fed up with it. The NFL deserves better officiating than the garbage it’s received.

I'd be game. I have the Sunday Ticket and am probably able to watch 98% of plays of said games. Maybe we'd have to kinda come to a consensus after every game. There will be inevitably a few we won't agree on considering....you know....we wear blue shades.

Just now, HDsportsfan said:

I'd be game. I have the Sunday Ticket and am probably able to watch 98% of the games. Maybe we'd have to kinda come to a consensus after every game. There will be inevitably a few we won't agree on considering....you know....we wear blue shades.

I have Sunday Ticket as well. It’s why I mentioned it. I’ve watched terrible officiating in almost every football game I watched this season, and I’ve watched a lot of games.

27 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

The decline in officiating across the board is concerning.  They are going to screw someone royally in the playoffs.  How many times have we seen one official look at another to seek validation, or expect them to make the call?  Very troubling.  Worst officiating in any sport.

1 minute ago, plan9misfit said:

I have Sunday Ticket as well. It’s why I mentioned it. I’ve watched terrible officiating in almost every football game I watched this season, and I’ve watched a lot of games.

Yea....I've had it for 22 years. I'm almost embarrassed by how many I have MISSED in those 22 years. I can honestly count them one hand. Even those horrendous 6-10 seasons.

I call DirecTV every year and work some credits. Sometimes it pays for itself with credits sometimes it doesn't. Somehow, this year, I got like 75 dollar credit per month for a full year. So yea, it's basically free. If I need any service I just hunt down some random tech. Shoot the breeze. If he know his ish I'll pay him on the side. Like this year I did that and got a new Single wire LNB dish.

2 minutes ago, Northland said:

The decline in officiating across the board is concerning.  They are going to screw someone royally in the playoffs.  How many times have we seen one official look at another to seek validation, or expect them to make the call?  Very troubling.  Worst officiating in any sport.

Yeah, it’s the worst I’ve ever seen it. Not even the scab refs were this bad, and they directly robbed Green Bay of a win against Seattle.

GB. DL and shout out for the two turnovers by Gregory.  LB crew   Elliot ran very hard with again little help from OL. Dak 1 sack 5 incomplete passes (1 drop Elliot) 2 TD  

CL - secondary we gave up almost 400 yards on D it was the turnovers caused by the front 4 and some bad play by their QB who saved the day here 

kickoffs - I am so tired of us giving up big returns in kick offs 

ref-  TB had 7 first downs per penalty and each week I see something new where a ref just seems to make up a call the delay where our guy is pointing out a TB linemen moved should be embarrassing for the NFL but it won’t even get a blurb   

Playcalling   -   Watching this I had a thought that our coaches were just trying out knew things to see hey will this work    Brown has been targeted like 5 times or so all year critical red zone possession you call a fade to him ????   Where are the routes for Cooper ???    

——/

well I read all the bashing of Dak I won’t have time and they don’t really show it on replays anyway but other then the obvious miss of Jarvis x2 would love for some one to just back up Their statement that Dak is missing wide open receivers left and right by giving us fans a count how many deep 15-20 plus yard open recievers Dak Missed this game...

my guess not many as the coaches have been calling a lot of “shorter” routes because they don’t trust the OL to protect long enough 

12 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

I like this idea. Before the game starts we can create a second thread and EVERY TIME there is a miss someone posts and it and then we can compile the master list per game. Hole the refs some-what accountable.

Archived