Will the Patriots Break the 1983-98 49ers Record for Most Consecutive 10+ Win Seasons?

footbull3196

Will the Patriots break the 1983-1998 49ers record for most consecutive 10 win seasons next year?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Patriots break the 1983-1998 49ers record for most consecutive 10 win seasons next year?

• Yes
    • Only if Brady comes back
    • No, even if Brady comes back

Today they tied the record with 16 straight from 2003-18.  The last time they didn’t have a 10 win season was when they went 9-7 in 2002.  Will they break the record next year?

I think if Brady comes back for 1 more year then it’s pretty doable.  Otherwise I don’t see it happening since they don’t seem to have a backup plan for him if he does bail 

10 minutes ago, AlNFL19 said:

I agree. I think if Brady comes back next year they probably have a similar finish, around 11-5. I think it'd take a new quarterback too long to adapt to the system (and the league if they're a rookie) to go 10-6 year one.

Especially since their roster isn't particularly good.

3 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

It's not really about Brady - their WR/TE corps is a mess. Gronk will almost certainly retire, Gordon is gone and Hogan/Dorsett/Patterson are all FAs. The only WRs they have under contract for 2019 is Edelman (who will be 34 and is declining) and Braxton Berrios.

What makes you think Gronk is about to retire?  I’d bet he plays at least 2 more seasons after this one

16 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

What makes you think Gronk is about to retire?  I’d bet he plays at least 2 more seasons after this one

His body is done. He runs his routes like someone tied this belt to the goalposts, he's dropping passes all over the place and routinely gets pushed backward when being tackled. He was thinking about retiring last year. Looks like he's mentally out the door already.

30 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

His body is done. He runs his routes like someone tied this belt to the goalposts, he's dropping passes all over the place and routinely gets pushed backward when being tackled. He was thinking about retiring last year. Looks like he's mentally out the door already.

Obviously he’s not the same star TE he used to be but he’s still an above average TE and top 10.  I highly doubt someone who isn’t even 30 is going to just call it quits before next season.  Not like he’s awful, he’s just wearing down some and has lost a step like everyone inevitably does

1 hour ago, footbull3196 said:

Obviously he’s not the same star TE he used to be but he’s still an above average TE and top 10.  I highly doubt someone who isn’t even 30 is going to just call it quits before next season.  Not like he’s awful, he’s just wearing down some and has lost a step like everyone inevitably does

I would agree, if he hadn't explicitly said he was thinking of retiring already. You can see he's simply not enjoying playing football. Will that change with an off-season's rest? Maybe. But right now the smart money is on him retiring.

11 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

It's not really about Brady - their WR/TE corps is a mess. Gronk will almost certainly retire, Gordon is gone and Hogan/Dorsett/Patterson are all FAs. The only WRs they have under contract for 2019 is Edelman (who will be 34 and is declining) and Braxton Berrios.

Well, to be honest this team has retooled their offense every couple of years since Brady became the starter. Only a few offensive players have remained on the team for any length of time so who knows what next season will bring. As for Gronk, who knows if he'll be back or not. Gordon another huge ??????. Patterson will be back, it's the first team that has used his talents properly and he loves playing in N.E.. Hogan and Dorsett will be a bridge that BB will cross when the season is over. For now, the Pats will do what they do and keep focused on the season until it ends.  

14 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

The number 30 isn't really relevant. You can be done at any age in the NFL. Gronk already has a checkered past with injuries. 

16 hours ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

Has Brady said anything about retirement?

Not directly but alluded to it that it might be coming sooner rather than later. It would not shock me if he calls his quits after this season if he has a good showing in the playoffs. Not necessarily winning the SB but playing well and being competitive.

Archived