OROY

pnies20

It’s time to go ahead and anoint Baker as the OROY.

Barkley has 35 carries for 74 yards in the past 2 games. Baker about to break Manning’s rookie TD record

Baker is far more important to this team than any other rookie and most other players in the NFL period.

4 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Barkley has 35 carries for 74 yards in the past 2 games. Baker about to break Manning’s rookie TD record

Baker is far more important to this team than any other rookie and most other players in the NFL period.

I agree Baker should be OROY. But he's gotta throw 3 TDs against Baltimore to break the record. That's far from a sure thing.

Baker is definitely more important and has lead to more wins, but hard not to give it to Barkley. 1,200 rush yards, nearly 5.0 YPC, 87 catches for a little under 700 receiving yards. 14 TDs. He's gonna likely finish with over 2,000 YFS. All while playing in an Eli Manning led offense.

Now if Baker played the whole year, and had a 1st half that matched his 2nd half, not only giving him nicer numbers but likely a playoff spot, he'd get OROY by a mile, but as it is now I think Barkley is still getting it. Baker has made it closer for sure though.

33 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Do you think Chubb gets 2nd base upon his per game output plus playing under hue

51 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Baker is definitely more important and has lead to more wins, but hard not to give it to Barkley. 1,200 rush yards, nearly 5.0 YPC, 87 catches for a little under 700 receiving yards. 14 TDs. He's gonna likely finish with over 2,000 YFS. All while playing in an Eli Manning led offense.

Now if Baker played the whole year, and had a 1st half that matched his 2nd half, not only giving him nicer numbers but likely a playoff spot, he'd get OROY by a mile, but as it is now I think Barkley is still getting it. Baker has made it closer for sure though.

Excellent argument I do not think a2000 yard back is a better rookie than a rookie qb throwing for 3000 yards

to say nothing of a 7. Win season not even Troy aikman lead to that type of increase buy himself with jimmy Johnson coaching

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

If the Browns had just drafted Barkley #1 and whichever QB was left at #4, we wouldn't have to debate this. Barkley and Josh Allen together = 🔥.

Could have been Baker again. I know it was rumored the Giants wanted him but nothing was certain.

22 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Could have been Baker again. I know it was rumored the Giants wanted him but nothing was certain.

Good shot either the Giants wanted Baker (we at least know they didn't want Darnold) or the Jets would have drafted Baker (there were reports that the Jets moved up to #3 ahead of time because they had 3 quarterbacks on their draft board as being with pick #3--seems most plausible). Who knows which rumors are true, of course.

Also, if the Browns went Barkley #1, it would almost force the NYfG to select a quarterback.

For the Browns, I see having Rosen and Allen to choose from at that point. I would assume Josh Allen, as he was the other quarterback Dorsey was rumored to want.

And also, because Baker went #1, we don't have to wonder who was Dorsey's clear #1 QB. We'll never know for the NYfG and the NYJ since they selected after Baker was off the board. We remember the report about Scot McLoughan saying very candidly that Baker was the best QB in the class. Would it be worth picking one's second or even third choice of quarterback in exchange for an elite RB? I personally wouldn't (I'm a Baker clear #1 guy, and I wouldn't trade him and Ward for Barkley and Darnold).

Archived