OROY

pnies20

9 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Honestly this is a big game for both teams. Bmore to get into the playoffs. For us it’s to prove who we can be. 

Im normally a person that will honor the first plans I make. Since they changed the game to 4:30 I canceled my original plans to watch the game. It’s been a real long time since the Browns were must watch tv. 😁

I bet that is a good feeling. Y'all are on the cusp. When you say "wait till next year" this time, you can actually mean it.

17 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I bet that is a good feeling. Y'all are on the cusp. When you say "wait till next year" this time, you can actually mean it.

Oh it is. But truthfully it’s not about me. I’m old enough to have seen winning football with the Browns. This is all about the tons of young Browns fans who are still Browns fans despite the horrendous crap they’ve seen in their lifetimes. It’s unreal to me how they’ve stuck to this team when realistically they could have bailed. 

Now let’s just hope this is real 😂

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

Oh it is. But truthfully it’s not about me. I’m old enough to have seen winning football with the Browns. This is all about the tons of young Browns fans who are still Browns fans despite the horrendous crap they’ve seen in their lifetimes. It’s unreal to me how they’ve stuck to this team when realistically they could have bailed. 

Now let’s just hope this is real 😂

Y'all gotta nail the HC hire, but I think you can. Dorsey isn't a fool. Won't be surprised if McCarthy is your guy. Hiring Andy Reid paid dividends in KC (until Reid pushed him out), and Reid had a similar exit from Philly to McCarthy's exit from GB.

39 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

And a better QB. But I'm glad to see we've now reached the supporting cast part of the debate. I figured it had to happen eventually. 

4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Oh and there's the fact that Goff led the Rams offense to 30+ points in two of their four games,

Supporting cast got brought up when you start giving Goff credit in games he struggled in and was carried about his supporting cast.

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Supporting cast got brought up when you start giving Goff credit in games he struggled in and was carried about his supporting cast.

Goff got carried against Arizona? LOL. Okay. Does Baker Mayfield lack a rushing attack?

17 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Y'all gotta nail the HC hire, but I think you can. Dorsey isn't a fool. Won't be surprised if McCarthy is your guy. Hiring Andy Reid paid dividends in KC (until Reid pushed him out), and Reid had a similar exit from Philly to McCarthy's exit from GB.

Agreed. But I’m not sure about McCarthy. He’s got a really good record. But he always seems just good enough to not be great. If that makes sense. 

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

Agreed. But I’m not sure about McCarthy. He’s got a really good record. But he always seems just good enough to not be great. If that makes sense. 

That was the book on Reid too. You just gotta hope he learns from his firing. 

51 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You might want to recheck your numbers. Goff has 8 TDs to 5 Ints against the top 10 defenses in passer rating allowed. And he has 11 TDs to 6 Ints against the top 10 defenses in points allowed. Baker has 2 TDs to 3 Ints against the top 10 defenses in passer rating allowed and 3 TDs to 6 Ints against the top 10 defenses in points allowed. Plus, Goff had a terrible 0 TD to 4 Int game against the Bears. That means in the other games he's played, he's at 8 TDs to 1 Int and 11 TDs to 2 Ints. That's quite significant.

I missed the 5 TD 0 INT Viking game.

52 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Quite simply, he's not. His stats aren't on par with those guys. His performance against quality teams and defenses aren't on par with those guys. And his offense's results aren't on par with those guys (except maybe Wentz). He's not in their class. That's not a big deal at this point, but y'all are being irrational by trying to argue that he's a top 10 QB this year. He's not.

Watch every game, he is. That is all I can say. Again, short term success but he has been nearly flawless. He had 1 bad throw against the Texans and misread a DB (who left his man) on another and tried to squeeze one in he shouldn't have, but Callaway should have still at worst broke it up but if he came to the ball at all it would have been at least contested.The drop rate for his first handful of games was almost 9%. The receivers have done a lot better recently, call it weaker competition if you don't want to watch the games but he always has put the ball on the receiver's hands. I won't argue he is a top 10 QB but I'll eat my socks if I watch every throw of 10 other QBs in the NFL who have been better this year.

He has been much better than his production and stats show. Not that they are bad overall or not great for a rookie but they don't do him justice. He throws accurate darts all over the field.

12 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Goff got carried against Arizona? LOL. Okay. Does Baker Mayfield lack a rushing attack?

Browns running backs averaged less than 3 yards per carry before Baker came on the field. It certainly helps a running game to have a passing game, as you surely know.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

Browns running backs averaged less than 3 yards per carry before Baker came on the field. It certainly helps a running game to have a passing game, as you surely know.

Non-responsive.

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

Okay, I'll take your opinion on the few games you watched.

Cool. You can't expect people to take your opinion seriously when there's no backing for it outside of, "If you were a Browns fan, you'd agree."

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Cool. You can't expect people to take your opinion seriously when there's no backing for it outside of, "If you were a Browns fan, you'd agree."

I don't expect anything. You can say I'm way off base saying Baker has been top 10 and I can say you're wrong. I haven't watched every game from every potential top 20 QB so there is some validity to my expertise. I've only seen 3 of Goff's games and one was horrendous, but I'm smart enough not to hold that as a true indication of how he has played.

Where is your backing? a 3 game sample? He played what are now losing teams and whooped up on them? Where are his specific weaknesses, that is a good place to start. Give me two or three and I don't mean mistakes that he made once I want a trend or something he hasn't learned from after his first mistake. I'll wait, this will take awhile.

15 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

That was the book on Reid too. You just gotta hope he learns from his firing. 

Yeah I was possibly wrong about Reid too as I didn’t want him when he was available. He still has a lot to prove. Can he win it all?  Reminds me of Schottenheimer. Just good enough to be good, not good enough to take us over the top. 

9 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't expect anything. You can say I'm way off base saying Baker has been top 10 and I can say you're wrong. I haven't watched every game from every potential top 20 QB so there is some validity to my expertise. I've only seen 3 of Goff's games and one was horrendous, but I'm smart enough not to hold that as a true indication of how he has played.

Where is your backing? a 3 game sample? He played what are now losing teams and whooped up on them? Where are his specific weaknesses, that is a good place to start. Give me two or three and I don't mean mistakes that he made once I want a trend or something he hasn't learned from after his first mistake. I'll wait, this will take awhile.

My backing is a four game sample, and I feel quite fine with my assessment based on that plus his production. What are his specific weaknesses? Decision making and ball placement inconsistencies were the two biggest issues I noticed. Baker loves to attack down the field. He especially loves those seam routes. He's forced passes when he should have taken the check down. Along those same lines, he has had issues missing high over the middle of the field, especially when he's trying to force the issue. Here's an example:

8 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah I was possibly wrong about Reid too as I didn’t want him when he was available. He still has a lot to prove. Can he win it all?  Reminds me of Schottenheimer. Just good enough to be good, not good enough to take us over the top. 

Well, McCarthy did win a SB. ;)

Archived