OROY

pnies20

20 hours ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Mayfield is 18th in Passer Rating and 18th in passing yards with a good supporting cast.

The supporting cast is good because Baker is elevating their play. That supporting cast wasn’t doing squat when Tyrod was in.

Where would Baker rank for passing yards if he started from day1? Pretty sure if Baker started from day one he could be at 14th. Same with TDs, he would be top10. Now imagine where Baker would rank if he started day 1 with Kitchen as the OC and not with Haley

Every time I see "the browns have a good supporting cast" I lose more brain cells. Basically the same group from last year plus Landry (whom most here consider overrated) and Chubb (who is good but didnt play much till halfway thru the season). Is it a bad cast? I don't think so. But let's not pretend its anywhere near great. Baker and Kitchens are the main reasons for success this year. A good qb makes avg cast look better. So many examples of this each year. Look at Tom and Peyton for easy examples.

20 hours ago, patriotsheatyan said:

Mayfield is 18th in Passer Rating and 18th in passing yards with a good supporting cast.

Barkley is 3rd in yards from scrimmage with a below average supporting cast.

This basically comes down to giving Mayfield the award solely because rookie QBs are graded on a curve and Mayfield has had a huge media presence, or giving it to Barkley because of an actual exceptional performance by veteran standards.

Either ignoring that at minimum a dozen QBs would outperform Mayfield this year without any question with another dozen being debatable, or acknowledging that Barkley has had production this year anywhere from 0-5 RBs could emulate right now depending on your view.

While people point to this year as evidence that Mayfield may one day be comparable to the big boys (Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers, Goff, Mahommes, Ben, etc), Barkley has already surpassed most of the big boys.

That’s an incredibly causal way of looking at it. 

5 hours ago, pnies20 said:

I would talk trash but the browns can’t stop the run and that’s all the ravens can do now.

Idk the best way to stop the read option is to be aggressive and force the QB to make the decision as soon as possible. Gregg is a very aggressive DC. So hopefully that works 

heck I would tell Garrett to bee line to Jackson every time and try and light him up to force them to stop the options. 

Opposing DCs have been so relax with Jackson and making their players read Jackson and the Ravens option attack. Don’t read, react to what you see and force the ravens have. Just make DEs be RB assigned all game long. Make LBs and ally player responsibile for QB. Can’t attack the option flat footed and that’s what happen when you try and read as a defender

There's no way you can stop Lamar's rush game with that defense. The chargers are one of the better teams suited to stop it and we just dropped 150+ yards on them. I'm expecting a 200+ yard day against this browns defense. I would say your best bet to win is to play zone all game and pray for some turnovers, otherwise this offense will steamroll your defense and kill the clock. Lamar wont let baker get on the field, even if he does baker wont be able to do much.

6 minutes ago, RavensDefense3 said:

There's no way you can stop Lamar's rush game with that defense. The chargers are one of the better teams suited to stop it and we just dropped 150+ yards on them. I'm expecting a 200+ yard day against this browns defense. I would say your best bet to win is to play zone all game and pray for some turnovers, otherwise this offense will steamroll your defense and kill the clock. Lamar wont let baker get on the field, even if he does baker wont be able to do much.

We just need to make tackles. If we didn't miss so many tackles our run defense would look much better. We do force turnovers and Lamar is a fumbling machine, even though he hasn't lost many. I'd expect 2 or 3 Lamar turnovers. The Ravens could also run for 200+ yards. Our tackling has been so bad at times I can't be cocky about stopping the Ravens or getting dominated in T.O.P. We did attempt to strip ball carriers often though so that may actually work well when Jackson runs, if we can get to him. As far as doubting Baker doing much, we'll see. It's a tall task but he is pretty good.

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Idk the best way to stop the read option is to be aggressive and force the QB to make the decision as soon as possible. Gregg is a very aggressive DC. So hopefully that works 

heck I would tell Garrett to bee line to Jackson every time and try and light him up to force them to stop the options. 

Opposing DCs have been so relax with Jackson and making their players read Jackson and the Ravens option attack. Don’t read, react to what you see and force the ravens have. Just make DEs be RB assigned all game long. Make LBs and ally player responsibile for QB. Can’t attack the option flat footed and that’s what happen when you try and read as a defender

You realize there’s a reason every single defense that’s ever faced the option (of any variety) doesn’t do this, right? 

why don’t you guys include offensive line when you discus supporting cast. It’s the most important area with regards to supporting cast? Browns don’t have very good receivers true. But if you have a line and the right coordinator to get guys open then whoever your receivers are matter less.

And BTW this isn’t a shot at Baker. I love Baker and I don’t think it would be wrong for him to win. But this is also a general point I’m making 

57 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

why don’t you guys include offensive line when you discus supporting cast. It’s the most important area with regards to supporting cast? Browns don’t have very good receivers true. But if you have a line and the right coordinator to get guys open then whoever your receivers are matter less.

And BTW this isn’t a shot at Baker. I love Baker and I don’t think it would be wrong for him to win. But this is also a general point I’m making 

True browns OL has been great but one of the reasons they have looked so good is because they have had a very decisive QB. This OL was garbage when Tyrod was holding onto the ball forever and Haley was calling awful slow developing passing plays. 

Kitchen and Baker have been a huge reason the OL has improved and played as great as they have been

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

True browns OL has been great but one of the reasons they have looked so good is because they have had a very decisive QB. This OL was garbage when Tyrod was holding onto the ball forever and Haley was calling awful slow developing passing plays. 

Kitchen and Baker have been a huge reason the OL has improved and played as great as they have been

Yeah, before the season and and even after 4 or 5 games most of us were sold on Bitonio and that's it. Our tackles haven't been that good but certainly better under new leadership and a quicker passing game. Interior went from average to great. When Hue/Haley were here our QBs were getting hit and sacked at a high level, showing us that we can't consistently pass protect long enough for long developing plays. Fortunately our rookie QB has shown he can read and react pretty quickly so it wasn't him as much as the game plan.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, before the season and and even after 4 or 5 games most of us were sold on Bitonio and that's it. Our tackles haven't been that good but certainly better under new leadership and a quicker passing game. Interior went from average to great. When Hue/Haley were here our QBs were getting hit and sacked at a high level, showing us that we can't consistently pass protect long enough for long developing plays. Fortunately our rookie QB has shown he can read and react pretty quickly so it wasn't him as much as the game plan.

Yeah after the first couple of weeks I was ready to move on from Tretter but not anymore really. The GCG has been great this year. They def approach their pass blocking a lot different with Baker at QB than with Tyrod 

On 12/29/2018 at 6:26 AM, Kip Smithers said:

On 12/29/2018 at 7:55 AM, buno67 said:

On 12/29/2018 at 9:52 AM, Thomas5737 said:

Baker saves 2-5 sacks per game. Cleveland's tackles are bad. Tretter is decent. We have good guards. NYG has a better tight end, OBJ and a slightly worse o-line. The idea that Cleveland had a better supporting cast is all-time lol. They were considered one of the thinnest rosters in the league before the season and they really only added Jarvis (who is no OBJ), and they also lost Just Gordon.

Baker was the better pick and the vastly more important player. I predict a co-ROTY, but that's just because it's NY. It should be unanimous for Baker.

Archived