OROY

pnies20

Give Lamar Jackson some credit for transforming an offense and saving a season with his electric playmaking, winning 6 of 7 starts to become the youngest QB to EVER start a playoff game, exceeding the per attempt passing metrics of the pocket passer he replaced, setting records as a runner, and carrying himself with exceptional class and maturity 8 months after being asked to workout as a WR and falling all the way to the bottom of the first round.

"Running QBs are all going to fail"

Barkley or Baker will win. If the Giants had their pick between having Baker and Barkley they choose Baker. Same with the other contenders. Broncos, Bills, Ravens, they would all trade their rookie for Baker. So, I don't care much about this vote, certainly overjoyed to have Baker going forward.

16 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Barkley or Baker will win. If the Giants had their pick between having Baker and Barkley they choose Baker. Same with the other contenders. Broncos, Bills, Ravens, they would all trade their rookie for Baker. So, I don't care much about this vote, certainly overjoyed to have Baker going forward.

No one else had the choice. He was the first pick. But yes, he's clearly the most valuable piece this year and looks right now to be going forward. Barkley was clearly better at his position. They can do whatever they want with the award.

6 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

No one else had the choice. He was the first pick. But yes, he's clearly the most valuable piece this year and looks right now to be going forward. Barkley was clearly better at his position. They can do whatever they want with the award.

I wasn't saying anyone made a mistake, just that he does look to be the most valuable piece going forward and because of that I don't really care that much about an award. I do think it is a coin flip between Barkley and Baker at this point though. Week 17 didn't settle much. Mayfield had 3 TDs and broke the rookie TD mark but also lost and had 3 picks. Barkley had gains of 68 and 26 and broke 2000 total yards but only averaged a yard per carry on his other 15 or so carries.

11 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I wasn't saying anyone made a mistake, just that he does look to be the most valuable piece going forward and because of that I don't really care that much about an award. I do think it is a coin flip between Barkley and Baker at this point though. Week 17 didn't settle much. Mayfield had 3 TDs and broke the rookie TD mark but also lost and had 3 picks. Barkley had gains of 68 and 26 and broke 2000 total yards but only averaged a yard per carry on his other 15 or so carries.

And what does that tell you about the offensive line?

43 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Baker absolutely earned that 1.1 position. No question there. I still think the Giants would have taken Baker if he was there at 2, even over Barkley. 

8 minutes ago, Gmen said:

And what does that tell you about the offensive line?

So, lets give Barkley an elite offensive line and give Baker AB, Julio and Tyreek.

We don't know. Barkley right now is a homerun hitter running back. Same as Gurley was year one. It was pretty much a big run or nothing. This is a passing league now so you aren't going to get an offensive line of run blockers anymore. Fortunately, defenses are built to stop the pass so you don't have a lot of specialty run stoppers on D anymore either. The Giants aren't going to build around Barkley as their centerpiece, it will be their QBOTF whoever that may be.

Barkley had a great year. He did what he could to help his team with running/receiving. He earned the OROY. So did Baker though. Both were rookie phenoms, along with a few other offensive rookies. The voters are just people with their own opinions, if they line up with Barkley, so be it. If Baker, so be it. It doesn't change what either of them did. I'm cool with giving it to the Giant fans, we haven't had much to cheer about with the Browns in a long time but brighter days are ahead and we just enjoyed a season with a real football team for the first time in a long time.

13 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Baker absolutely earned that 1.1 position. No question there. I still think the Giants would have taken Baker if he was there at 2, even over Barkley. 

Yeah, seems that NFL G.M.'s had Baker higher than the draft experts and most fans. Heck, Josh Allen, even though he struggles with some throws is already better than I thought he'd be. Darnold showed a lot of promise late. Barkley was what everyone expected. Lamar can run around and hit most open receivers. Rosen wasn't in a great situation but he stayed healthy. Lindsay, Ward, the Chubbs, Ridley, LVE, Leonard, Derwin etc... so far this looks like a great class. A lot of teams are happy right now with their rookies.

39 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, seems that NFL G.M.'s had Baker higher than the draft experts and most fans. Heck, Josh Allen, even though he struggles with some throws is already better than I thought he'd be. Darnold showed a lot of promise late. Barkley was what everyone expected. Lamar can run around and hit most open receivers. Rosen wasn't in a great situation but he stayed healthy. Lindsay, Ward, the Chubbs, Ridley, LVE, Leonard, Derwin etc... so far this looks like a great class. A lot of teams are happy right now with their rookies.

5d7PgoU.gif

Show some respect to your King in the North

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

It is the most pass friendly the league has ever been. Baker had an impressive rookie season. Barkley's was more impressive. 

If you are going to use the pass friendly league argument against Baker, then you are also dinging Barkley as well. Because the only reason he has 91 catches is because its a pass friendly league. 

This thread is stupid tbh.

Any and every Giants fan would happily trade Barkley for Baker right now, just like every Baltimore fan would gladly trade Lamar for Baker.

Anyone who says they wouldn’t is clearly being obtuse and would rather argue for “their guy”.

Baker is winning games and putting up top shelf numbers (with Kitchens) as a rookie and doing so a.) from the pocket in a sustainable manner and b.) at the most important position on the field by a country mile.

Who wins the award? Idgaf.  Who’s the best rookie?  Baker, and any other argument is nothing more than mental masturbation.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Any and every Giants fan would happily trade Barkley for Baker right now, just like every Baltimore fan would gladly trade Lamar for Baker.

I prefer quarterbacks that carry and conduct themselves like Eli, Wilson, and Luck. I would rather keep Barkley thank you very much. 

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Anyone who says they wouldn’t is clearly being obtuse and would rather argue for “their guy”.

Baker is winning games and putting up top shelf numbers (with Kitchens) as a rookie and doing so a.) from the pocket in a sustainable manner and b.) at the most important position on the field by a country mile.

Who wins the award? Idgaf.  Who’s the best rookie?  Baker, and any other argument is nothing more than mental masturbation.

Way to prove your point, LGB.....by quoting "The Red Rocker"

1:03 mark....

Archived