Tank Carder out for season with ACL

BwickRedux

Just now, candyman93 said:

He's a JAG, but it's never good having guys injured. However, I'm happy to see Schobert start at MIKE.

Agreed - it feels a little wrong to look at the benefits of anyone going down for the season with injury, but at least this removes any doubt that Schobert will start now and no one will be looking back. 

I think Shobert was going to start all along but they were giving Carder a little respect for his special team work. That is where he will be missed but it isn't a high skill position just a high effort position and that should be easier to replace. As far as starting mlb depth...eh, I think we can find his equal without much issue.

I ALWAYS feel bad for anyone who is hurt, but for the Browns' sake, this could be a blessing in disguise as Schobert is already head and shoulders better than Carder (although I think that I'm better too).

I think Joe paired next to Kirksey and Collins is set up for success, has great fundamentals, is very cerebral, and makes can make a lot of plays as a 2 down LB if not more.

Schobert has looked really good. I know a lot of ppl on here were a little surprised by the pick and were upset when he really didnt show much last year but damn has he really developed.

Looking at that draft class. The first 9 picks might be all major contributors to this team and its future. Something I dont think the Browns have ever done with a draft class, along getting 9 guys, they couldnt even get 3-4 in a class. 

Just look at the first 9 picks in the 16 class

• 1st Round (#15): WR Corey Coleman (Has looked pretty good this preseason and show looked great catching deep balls from Kizer)
  • 2nd Round (#32): DE Emmanuel Ogbah (He really hasnt done anything flashy this preseason but he hasnt done anything bad. Should really open a can of whoop arse in season)
  • 3rd Round (#65): DE Carl Nassib (Same with Ogbah, he has played very sound with his assignment so far in Williams' scheme)
  • 3rd Round (#76): OT Shon Coleman (Gonna be the starting RT)
  • 3rd Round (#93): QB Cody Kessler (Gonna be the back up QB)
  • 4th Round (#99): LB Joe Schobert (Gonna be the starting Mike)
  • 4th Round (#114): WR Ricardo Louis (Has developed into the #3/#4 WR for this team)
  • 4th Round (#129): S Derrick Kindred (He might be a starting safety or at least the #2/#3 safety)
  • 4th Round (#138): TE Seth DeValve (Gonna be a weapon on the offense)

So right now on paper, the 16' draft has been some what of a success since it has created so many guys playing roles for this team. 

Archived