17 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen?

• Marvin stays
    • Hue takes over
    • Joseph gets hired as HC
    • Jay Gruden comes back
    • Mike Brown hires an outsider

1 minute ago, El ramster said:

Wish him the best. He's super young, But hey this is nicer than Marv Lewis. The unknown is way better than the known. And the 

Bengals have some super nice pieces.. Best of luck to Zac he's so damm young lol.

Part of McVay's coaching sapling?

21 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Love it. Apparently he was really impressive throughout the interview process. He also worked with Bill Lazor in Miami, who hasn't been fired yet with the rest of the past staff.

As I mentioned earlier in the news thread he’s a nice guy and seems smart. McVay speaks highly of him and created a coaching spot for him last year just to get him on board. That said he doesn’t call plays his main job is helping Jared and his backups get ready for game day. I’d love to see him succeed for you guys if he is the guy.

12 hours ago, theJ said:

The results of Zac's offenses in 2015 (Dolphins) and 2016 (Bearcats) were not great.

That only matters if he insists on being the OC as well.

I do not understand why so many people think his lack of palycalling experince is such a big deal, inless he plans on calling the plays.  He seems like a great personality and a strong leader.  That's what makes a good head coach.  mark Trestman could design and call plays all day long, but players never really were inspired by him or followed him with their heart and soul.  Heck, if play calling is so important, then why didn't we hire Hue?

3 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

That only matters if he insists on being the OC as well.

I do not understand why so many people think his lack of palycalling experince is such a big deal, inless he plans on calling the plays.  He seems like a great personality and a strong leader.  That's what makes a good head coach.  mark Trestman could design and call plays all day long, but players never really were inspired by him or followed him with their heart and soul.  Heck, if play calling is so important, then why didn't we hire Hue?

I offered the statement with no comment.

Some context though: the 2015 Dolphins team started with Bill Lazor as the OC.  Zac took over with 5 games to go after Bill was fired.

The Bearcats thing is a whole other ball of wax though.  College is very much dependent on the recruiting, and he never had a chance to make that offense his own.  Heck he probably didn't even get much say in the guys that were recruited the year he was there.

I'm not hung up on it.  I'm firmly on the fence with this hire for now.  We know next to nothing about Zac.  He could be great, or he could be the next Hue Jackson.

4 minutes ago, theJ said:

I offered the statement with no comment.

Some context though: the 2015 Dolphins team started with Bill Lazor as the OC.  Zac took over with 5 games to go after Bill was fired.

The Bearcats thing is a whole other ball of wax though.  College is very much dependent on the recruiting, and he never had a chance to make that offense his own.  Heck he probably didn't even get much say in the guys that were recruited the year he was there.

I'm not hung up on it.  I'm firmly on the fence with this hire for now.  We know next to nothing about Zac.  He could be great, or he could be the next Hue Jackson.

I get ya.  I just had read through all the comments in the news thread and replied there.  Then pasted it here.  Just com=neected it to yours because I wouldn't have to change any of it to make it sound connected.

Archived