What will happen?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen?

• Marvin stays
    • Hue takes over
    • Joseph gets hired as HC
    • Jay Gruden comes back
    • Mike Brown hires an outsider

Maybe instead me throwing out HC names, I should focus on characteristics that I hope the Bengals are looking for in their new HC:

• Aggressiveness:  Far too often we played for the tie and punted away in the opponents territory on 4th and short.
  • Best player plays: From Tank Johnson and Robert Geathers over Geno Atkins and Carlos Dunlap, to Redmond/Livings over Westerman/Mathis, and a million other examples, I'm hoping the new HC is NOT like Marvin or Hue Jackson.  Hue made the same mistakes Marvin did in Cleveland thinking Tyrod and Hyde was smart to play over Baker and Chubb.  We need a coach willing to let the best talent on the field.
  • Accountability: Marvin (and his coaching tree) are the king of excuses. I want a coach that won't just throw the players under the bus but understands when their game plan failed and needs to be changed.
  • Embrace Analytics: You don't need to blindly follow analytics, but It's the way the game is going and I don't want someone that's going to fight it.  I absolutely do not want a head coach that thinks we need to 'establish the run'...

50 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I don't know much about him but he's the first non-internal candidate whose name I've seen:

More good news, I'm fine blindly chasing this coaching tree...

It’s honestly hard to tell what you’d get from either. Both have been here two years with McVay. McVay has been the play caller both years. Waldron spent two years as TE coach and this year as pass game coordinator. He’s also I believe been TE coach at bother New England and Washington.

Zach Taylor was a QB coach and interim OC in Miami then was OC at U of Cinci for a year under Tuberville. He was assistant WR coach last year under McVay and QB coach this year. 

Fwiw McVay speaks highly of both, Goff as well. It’s again hard to tell what either brings but TE trend now is to hire a young coach who’s been on a successful coaches staff. Needless to say if you grab either guy it would suck for us but you’d find yourself with some Rams fans cheering you on, except when we play next year, so that McVays guys can succeed. Best of luck in the search, hope it’s a successful culture change.

23 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Don’t really care for McDaniels. I would be down to try one of the Rams coaches. High probability of it not working out but you never know 

I don't think McDaniels takes the interview.  Given what happened with the Colts last year, i can't see him taking a job in Cincinnati.

23 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

Don’t really care for McDaniels. I would be down to try one of the Rams coaches. High probability of it not working out but you never know 

I'm good with one of the Rams guys.  It's someone not from the current organization, and just maybe they are allowed to clean house and get all their own guys on the coaching staff.

Not a McDaniels fan.  Would rather not have Vance Jospeh or Darren Simmons, but at least they aren't Hue.

Archived