1. 1. What will happen?

• Marvin stays
    • Hue takes over
    • Joseph gets hired as HC
    • Jay Gruden comes back
    • Mike Brown hires an outsider

4 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

He’s my top choice as of now 

For you guys, he'd be mine as well.  For one, Andy Reid is known to embrace mentoring his subordinates and from everything I've heard Bienemy is both well-spoken and well spoken-of in Kansas City.

Moreover, and this was one of the concerns I'd expressed Nagy last year, Andy Reid has been noted - despite his success as a coach - for having struggled mightily to find himself a really good DC ever since Jim Johnson retired (promoted the wrong guy while the other one went on to do well elsewhere, opted for the wrong retread, etc.).  Bienemy, however, came into the Reid coaching tree via Brad Childress' Minnesota staff (which gives him connections, at the very least, to Tomlin tree guys which would include Steelers/former-Bills DL coach Karl Dunbar as well as current/soon-to-be-former Denver DC Joe Woods; Leslie Frazier guys ).  He's done recent (w/in the last 2 decades) work on other staffs as well (Karl Dorrell's UCLA staff and John Embree's Colorado staff, but I'm not sure I see too many connections to quality defensive hires the way the Vikings job provided).  With Nagy I was concerned that all he'd ever known were post-Johnson Reid staffs where the only really outstanding DC hire was, at the time, already coaching in New York (Bowles) and Buffalo (McDermott) and you can't always count on 2nd- or 3rd-hand poaching.  Him being able to retain Fangio was huge and, clearly, smart.  Bienemy has actually directly work with some of these same assistants (he's staffed with Woods and Dunbar and he was a co-assistant-HC with Frazier so if he approaches about an honest opinion/recommendation on a hire ready to be a coordinator from his staff, he'll likely get a good rec).

47 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

McDaniels isn’t interested. Thank God

Agreed.  I dislike him and he hasn't had any success outside of working with Tom Brady. 

Not only did he trade up in the first round for Tim Tebow and completely fail in Denver as a HC, a lot of people glance over his failures as an OC for the Rams.  I distinctly remember a lot of bad play calling and personnel decisions when he was the offensive coordinator there.  I remember several drives where Steven Jackson would pretty much carry the entire offense into the red zone.  Then McDaniels would sit SJax on the sidelines in the red zone and throw it with Sam Bradford or hand it off to a smaller back who got stuffed.  Rams then kicked the FG.  Happened way too many times.  I'm happy he declined...

21 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

John Ross needs a QB with an arm that caters to his ability more than he needs help from a new OC. 

Agreed.  I disagree with the comment, but love that we're interviewing Monken.

We really should do our homework on Haskins and Drew Lock in this draft...

18 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Agreed.  I disagree with the comment, but love that we're interviewing Monken.

We really should do our homework on Haskins and Drew Lock in this draft...

If Lock is there in the 2nd I would definitely think hard about it 

We definitely need a new qb to replace  Driskel, but I am not convinced of any of these guys as big time prospects that I want as a starter. If there's a talent to develop after we get a linebacker and a tackle then I can get behind it.

Does everyone else have a mini heart attack every time they see a new article about the bengals with a picture of Marvin? 

3 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

We definitely need a new qb to replace  Driskel, but I am not convinced of any of these guys as big time prospects that I want as a starter. If there's a talent to develop after we get a linebacker and a tackle then I can get behind it.

Does everyone else have a mini heart attack every time they see a new article about the bengals with a picture of Marvin? 

No, because deep down, OI think we all know that he chose to walk away.  I do not believe for even a second that Brown fired him

2 hours ago, theJ said:

Outside
Eric Bienemy
Todd Monken
Zac Taylor
Shane Waldron

I'd be happy with any of the outside candidates.  I don't know much about the Rams guys but honestly, just not being Lazor, Hue Jackson, Darrin Simmons or Vance Joseph makes me happy.

And the only name you left off was Vance Joseph...

Archived