My off season wish list!

Golfman

16 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

They traded a 30 year old Richard Seymour to the Raiders who drastically overpaid.  Do we have a player on our roster comparable to Seymour?  No.  And I wouldn't really say that the Patriots dealt Chandler Jones on time or a year too early.  In Chandler Jones' first 4 years with New England, he had 36 sacks.  In his 3 seasons with Arizona, he had 40 sacks.  If anything, the Patriots probably regret that trade.  But I'm guessing your entire argument is about jettisoning talent, not acquiring it.

Bulaga would be the equivalent of Seymour.

I love Bulaga, but if somebody wanted to send us a first round pick, I'd drive him to the airport.

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Bulaga would be the equivalent of Seymour.

I love Bulaga, but if somebody wanted to send us a first round pick, I'd drive him to the airport.

Hell, I'd drive up there from Oklahoma to drive him to the airport in a heartbeat.  Nobody is giving us a first for him.

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I miss syphilis brain Al Davis. League just isn't as fun without him.

I just couldn't imagine being a fan of a team that was so careless with draft picks.  Just knowing that you're going into the draft and it's going to be boring as hell.  The Saints have one pick in the first four rounds and the Bears have two.

30 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I just couldn't imagine being a fan of a team that was so careless with draft picks.  Just knowing that you're going into the draft and it's going to be boring as hell.  The Saints have one pick in the first four rounds and the Bears have two.

Imagine how much fun the Bears fans have had watching Khalil Mack though ... he was well worth what they are giving up .. in my opinion at least.  The dude is a friggin' freak.

33 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Imagine how much fun the Bears fans have had watching Khalil Mack though ... he was well worth what they are giving up .. in my opinion at least.  The dude is a friggin' freak.

The Bears were fortunate their QB is still on his rookie contract.  They probably couldn't afford Mack otherwise.

38 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Trade was always going to look great in year 1. We're gonna see how it looks for the next decade.

18 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Trade was always going to look great in year 1. We're gonna see how it looks for the next decade.

True enough (barring injury). The future cap hit combined with loss of high draft picks will impact down the road. I'm not saying the Bears made a bad trade, just that the full implications haven't played out yet.

2 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

True enough (barring injury). The future cap hit combined with loss of high draft picks will impact down the road. I'm not saying the Bears made a bad trade, just that the full implications haven't played out yet.

If they were to make it to the Super Bowl it will have been a good move for the Bears regardless of what happens down the road. Same can be said about the New Orleans trade with us. 

Those are moves you make when you think you are one piece away. Short of getting to a Super Bowl, they are bad trades. 

9 minutes ago, Golfman said:

If they were to make it to the Super Bowl it will have been a good move for the Bears regardless of what happens down the road. Same can be said about the New Orleans trade with us. 

Those are moves you make when you think you are one piece away. Short of getting to a Super Bowl, they are bad trades. 

Davenport isn't doing a whole lot for the Saints ... definitely isn't the piece that has them at the top of the NFC.  Mack on the other hand ... he's a game changer for the Bears.  

Archived