GDT: Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants

canadaluvsdallas

Cole Beasley would like to talk to the Dak haters. 

He points out that our Offense is smash mouth, designed to chew clock, and play keep-away. It is not meant for Dak to throw for over 300 yards per game.

I have to keep telling myself this as I want to pull my hair out and scream whenever I see a "give up" check-down pass. . . They really believe in keeping the clock running.

He points out that every (at least an incredibly high percentage) time Dak is told to go out there and let loose, he succeeds. I think this is also what the WRs in general have bought into. Its not about quantity, rather taking advantage of the small number of opportunities you do have.

With that said, just being asked to play this more conservative style of game-manager, clutch when need-be (Joe Montana - like), does not lend to the "highest-paid" QB type resume. This could be very special.

In fact, his intangibles are extremely valuable, not only to a Football team, but to sponsors. Jerry needs to leverage the hell out of his #1 in the world branding and get Dak to take a discount knowing he will bankroll from sponsorship wearing the star. 

In turn, this money can make the rest of the team better, and increase success... which, again leads to more branding value and Dak getting more sponsorship money. 

**NYG - Will either come out for their "2018 Super-bowl" or will present a complete drama-filled divisive team ready to tear at the seams come off-season, there will be no middle-ground for them in week 17, imo. Dallas will play this game like the 3rd preseason game. I will be looking to see them sit Martin, sit Lee (of course), heavy rotation at DL, and try and get Tavon Austin some looks all over the place. 

2 hours ago, J Shank said:

Cole Beasley would like to talk to the Dak haters. 

He points out that our Offense is smash mouth, designed to chew clock, and play keep-away. It is not meant for Dak to throw for over 300 yards per game.

Multi play ball control isn't Dak's game. He makes too many errors for that to work. He is a lot better at the the deep ball than the haters want to admit:

I see a lot of people on this thread expecting/suggesting/hoping starters, or certain starters will sit, but idk if Jerry agrees:

“Absolutely. We’re all out,” Jones said when asked if the Cowboys were playing to win against New York, per Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News. “We’ve got work to do. We’ve got some work to do out here; I think we’ll all agree. We don’t want to, if we can, go into the playoff with dangling participles – loose ends.”

5 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I see a lot of people on this thread expecting/suggesting/hoping starters, or certain starters will sit, but idk if Jerry agrees:

“Absolutely. We’re all out,” Jones said when asked if the Cowboys were playing to win against New York, per Jon Machota of the Dallas Morning News. “We’ve got work to do. We’ve got some work to do out here; I think we’ll all agree. We don’t want to, if we can, go into the playoff with dangling participles – loose ends.”

I thought he was taking a back seat. Why is the man still talking? 

5 hours ago, DaBoys said:

This will be the second thing to blow up in his face this year. 

Archived