GDT: Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants

canadaluvsdallas

Just now, Ace5 said:

HOWEVER

1. I have a major issue with cherry picking stats that put him in the conversation with elite qbs.

2. I am beyond horrified that Jerry will pay him 3x what he's worth and sink this franchise thensecond it finally left cap hell, and that those cherry picked stats are possibly a reason why.

3. I am reasonably confident that he is (not at but) near his ceiling as a passer. That level of play needs help on both sides of the ball that teams can't afford with massive qb contracts.

Thats all im saying.

1. I don't think anybody is calling Dak an elite QB. I think those stats go to show Dak has the ability to be an elite QB. When he's on, it's hard to argue against that. 

2. The salary cap isn't real. Us going back into "cap hell" isn't going to be an issue. 

3. Not sure I agree with you on this. He definitely has some things to clean up, but I think if we can get him to do so...he's a QB you can win ball games with. He's shown it. 

55 minutes ago, J Shank said:

If you click on the link, he explicitly says Dak is not clutch. Also, all objective evidence is clear and convincing that Dak is extraordinarily clutch, to say otherwise takes Olympic level Mental Gymnastics.

I didn't click on the link so I didn't know he actually said.

Clutch is very much a moving target from a definition standpoint, especially in football. It's not like a lone basketball player standing on the foul line needing to sink two being down a point. But he does have something in him that makes him do well when it's absolutely necessary. I guess to many that's clutch. Team sport though. I said the same thing when it related to Romo and I stand by it. It's hard for a single player in the game of football to be called "clutch". To many other variables at play.

4 minutes ago, D82 said:

1. I don't think anybody is calling Dak an elite QB. I think those stats go to show Dak has the ability to be an elite QB. When he's on, it's hard to argue against that. 

2. The salary cap isn't real. Us going back into "cap hell" isn't going to be an issue. 

3. Not sure I agree with you on this. He definitely has some things to clean up, but I think if we can get him to do so...he's a QB you can win ball games with. He's shown it. 

1. This is our primary disagreement. I have not seen any measure of growth that tells me he can be elite eventually.

2. There's a well managed cap, abd there's poorly managed cap. Maybe hell doesn't exist anymore but i sure as ish don't want to go back to the Romo and a bunch of retread vets abd nobody picks years.

3. I've said repeatedly hes a qb that can win games. He's just not a qb who can singlehandedly win you seasons- and there aren't many of those! But when jerry says he's gonna get his money at 3-5 and he wouldn't trade him for multiple firsts, I get uneasy. 

13 minutes ago, D82 said:

I don't know about #2 Des. They F'ed it up a few years back pretty good. It's easy enough to do again I'm afraid.

This topic aint upbeat enough. There's a whole thread for Dak. Lets get back to what matters, and that's MY BOY, MY DAMN DARK HORSE FROM BACK IN THE DAY INCREDICOLE BEASTLY DRAGGING HIS KNEE AND THEREFORE HIS BALLS AND MAGNUM MEMBER ACROSS THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY FOR THAT TD.

#11 CAUSE HES #1 TWICE BABAAAYYYYYYYY

4 minutes ago, Ace5 said:

This topic aint upbeat enough. There's a whole thread for Dak. Lets get back to what matters, and that's MY BOY, MY DAMN DARK HORSE FROM BACK IN THE DAY INCREDICOLE BEASTLY DRAGGING HIS KNEE AND THEREFORE HIS BALLS AND MAGNUM MEMBER ACROSS THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY FOR THAT TD.

Lol 

37 minutes ago, Ace5 said:

Are you sure that was his knee dragging? It looked like a giant Dak.

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

I looked up stats and Taco made 3rd most tackles this game with 6 and 2 for a loss. Just saying. can't find how many snaps/plays he was in for. but not bad either way.

I didn't even realize he was in 

4 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I looked up stats and Taco made 3rd most tackles this game with 6 and 2 for a loss. Just saying. can't find how many snaps/plays he was in for. but not bad either way.

It’s amazing what happens when we stop putting him at RDE and put him at LDE where he spent his entire career at Michigan. He was much more effective because he’s a more natural LDE. 

Archived