GDT 2018: Week 17 - Cleveland @ Baltimore - FOR THE DIVISION TITLE!!

RavensTillIDie

36 minutes ago, baltimoreRebel said:

Anyone think it's possible that our game with the Browns gets flexed to an afternoon game? 

It's not possible. It will be Titans-Colts. They can't have the Ravens game flexed because if the Steelers lose earlier in the day, we know we can rest. The NFL would rather not have a SNF game then give a team that knowledge edge.

So, we're going to have had 3* road primetime games and 0 at home. We are owed next year. 

I won’t be excited until we actually beat the Browns. Their defense matches up similarly good as the Chargers to slowing down our rushing attack. They have some quality secondary pieces.

Then the QBs that have done best against our defense are the ones that can extend plays. Baker has the ability to do that.

This isn’t to say I don’t feel confident about this game, but I definitely don’t like playing them. Even with a win they’re the kind of team that will likely present a tough bloody battle that we might not escape from unfazed by injury.

Our best bet would be to hope that we beat the Browns (of course), the Texans beat the Jaguars, the Patriots lose to the Jets, and the Titans beat the Colts. This would ensure that we play the Titans in a matchup that I feel much more confident in than playing the Chargers for a second time.

... and they just flexed our game to 4:25 to put the extra pressure on our squad. All the other games will have been decided and all that will be left is for our game to determine the playoff picture.

I’m also not a fan because it gives us three hours less time to prepare and heal for the following week. Call me crazy but I’d rather have all the time we can muster.

There's nothing to be worried about. Sure the timing of it is funny, playing them once again after the biggest win of the season but it should be a routine W. They had a ton of calls and low % plays go their way last time. Which isn't to sell their team short. Their D played us harder than maybe any team all year. When they didn't take something away from us, we shot ourselves in the foot(Crabtree - Drops etc) though.

These posts probably belong in a GDT for the big game next weekend instead of a generic thread about playoff chances. 

If someone wanted to make a fancy OP for the GDT, just post it and I'll try and figure out a way to make it the new OP

Archived